Recent content by mike1950

1. mike1950

Saw this on the Internet.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BJ0NrDYjOIX/ Saw this on the Internet. How does he ever hit a ball?
  2. mike1950

Wind speed - How much club?

I am a pretty good judge of wind speed after yrs of sailing. But how much wind determines which club? We all talk about a 1 or 2 club wind. What mph wind speed is a 1 or 2 club wind? Does a following wind add as much as a head wind subtracts?
  3. mike1950

Why should I upgrade?

Can anyone tell me why I should buy new clubs, other than new, shiny toy? Am I really going to gain a lot of forgiveness or distance? I am 66 yrs old with an 80 mph swing speed. These are good, not great or bad, shot scenarios. My drive goes 200 yds. 5 hybrid 150 yds. 7 iron 130 yds. PW 100...
  4. mike1950

Justin gave his Gold Medal winning ball away. What would you do?

Justin Rose was so excited about winning the Gold that he forgot his ball in the 18th hole cup. An Olympic official returned it, but Justin signed it and returned it. Would you have forgotten it in the cup? Would you have returned it? I will not play a scuffed ball on a par 3 on the rare chance...
  5. mike1950

Ryder Cup Captain's picks

Any guesses? Will DLlll go with someone who is hot now, or with someone with a proven record?
  6. mike1950

Which THPer appears most in the "What golf stuff did you buy today"

I am not going to offer an opinion now, because it don't really know anyone personally and don't want to offend anyone.
  7. mike1950

If the PGA allowed rangefinders, would it speed up play

If the PGA allowed rangefinders, would it speed up the play. To me, the slowest playing is on the green. Marking a 2 foot putt, walking around a 5 footer 2 times. I don't think a rangefinder would benefit the pro as much as the caddies pre-match work.
  8. mike1950

Why do we play this game of golf

Very few of us would go into Dick's Sporting Goods, buy a baseball, bat and glove and expect to play like a pro. But most of us are dissatisfied with a bad shot a pro would make. Sure home run hitters strike out. And pro golfers sh@nk, top and chilly - dip wedges. We see old fat guys that shoot...
  9. mike1950

Turn the sound off?

Have you ever turned the sound off and just watched golf? I tried a few times, but without the sound of the ball, it is a little wierd. But surprisingly pleasant. I really don't need to know why everything happened. I saw the result. So, go hunt it, find it and hit it. Just like I do.
  10. mike1950

Par on every hole forever.

If you knew that you were going to hit every fairway, hit every green in regulation and 2 putt for par, would you still play? You can't do better than par. It would take all of the adventure out of it for me. I probably wouldn't quit right away. But I think golf would become boring.
  11. mike1950

Jordan Spieth - Charlie Brown

Am I the only person that thinks Jordan looks like Charlie Brown? I expect him to say, "good grief " next time he misses a fairway
  12. mike1950

Golf scorecard

I made this on Word and print it on 4x6 index cards. It is only for 9 holes, so use 2 if playing 18
  13. mike1950

KFC Hillary bucket

I heard that KFC is coming up with a Hillary bucket: 2 small breasts, 2 fat thighs, 2 left wings and a large side of BS.
  14. mike1950

WTT- N3J coin for Folds of Honor coin

Title says it all. Joined forum too late to get a Folds coin. Former Army Ranger. Anyone?
  15. mike1950

Bifocals

I tried playing golf in bifocals. On the first tee, I look down and see a big clubhead and a big ball. I also see a little clubhead and a little ball. I hit the little ball with the big clubhead. WOW! Works great. Approach shot, same thing. Big clubhead, small ball. On the green, big putter...
Back