Recent content by Milwaukeeguy

1. M

Golf Equipment releases, why complain?

I think the golf manufacturers obviously believe that, and have experienced that. Red Wing has been selling the same boots forever. People love them. I get that golf clubs have waaaay more tech, yadda yadda yadda. It's not a direct comp. I'm just reflecting because I'm not wild about the new...
  2. M

Fair on Titleist. I'm not an expert on their releases. I'll certainly defer to you. I'm not saying that there is magic in "2 years". What I AM saying is they are asking a lot out of their teams to not only engineer a new product, but also make it aesthetically different, pleasing, AND launch...
  3. M

To be honest, I'm not mad about the releases. They can do whatever they want. No anger. No hate. I will say as somebody who works in marketing and branding professionally, the constant releases make it tough for them to build any recognition in their production lines, AND they have to invent...
  4. M

What is the primary reason for slow play?

I haven't read all of the replies in the thread, but this topic came up at a recent golf trip. Part of the problem is that a lot of people learn the game themselves, meaning they didn't come from some junior program with a lot of coaching. People just pick up the game from playing with...
  5. M

General question: Iron Shaft impact on launch angle

I currently have stock cleveland TT stiff shafts, and they are shown as a "high launch" shaft in the cleveland catalog. As I have increased my clubhead speed with some lessons and practice, I'm seeing higher ballflights that I would like, and I'd like to be able to flight my scoring irons a...
  6. M

Hands at Address

Questions for Freddy (and the group). Where do you like your hands at address? I've been forward pressing my hands and getting them in front of the ball (like they would be at impact) at address. It's not exagerated, but the shaft definitely leans forward. Been doing it for years in an...
  7. M

Mid Round Hooks...

On Saturday,on the front 9 and hit a number of really nice high draws with my driver and hit 5 out of 7 fairways. The ball starts slightly right of the target line and draws back to the target line. Great ball flight. About 250 carry (which is long for me). On the back 9, I hit 2 our of 7, and...
Back