Recent content by Minatophase3

1. M

CaddyDaddy Claw Max Glove Review

I bought the Claw Pro and love it! Have only used it for 4 rounds (3 were in the rain) and the glove provided great grip. My playing partner went through 3 gloves during the round due to the wet conditions. He ended up ordering a Claw Pro after our round.
  2. M

Wedge Shafts

Good info so far, looks like no set answer. I am leaning towards changing the shafts to be more consistent. The MMT 105 S shafts for wedges are actually 113 gr so they are a bit heavier and would be mid launch like my irons where the S300s are low launch. I do take full shots with all of my...
  3. M

Wedge Shafts

I have never paid a lot of attention to shafts, but recently was fitted into a new set of PXG irons with Mitsubishi MMT 105 S shafts. I have 3 wedges 54, 58 & 62 that all have DG S300 shafts in them and I seem to hit them fine. My previous irons also had the DG S300 shafts so the wedges...
  4. M

Club Champion Question

Thanks for all of the replies. My friend ended up with PXG 0311 P Gen 5 irons and is very happy with them. I went for a fitting with him and really liked the 0311 P Gen 6 irons, but didn't order at that time so I paid the $25 fitting fee. I recently signed up for lessons at GolfTec and it...
  5. M

Tuna Melt - Yay or Nay?

Love a good tuna melt!
  6. M

Thinking about getting a new 56 degree

Take a look at Sub 70, they have 3 different wedges. I have the 286 and love them. They also have one designed by Tommy Armour, the TAIII that looks pretty nice.
  7. M

Mitsubishi Chemical MMT Iron Shafts

I just had a fitting at PXG and ended up ordering the 0311 P Gen 6 irons with the MMT 105S shafts. They felt better to me than any of the steel shafts and I noticed my dispersion front to back was quite a bit better than the closest steel shaft. First time I had ever tried a graphite iron...
  8. M

Better to layup to a distance or get as close to the green as possible?

I am pretty good from 75-130 yards out. Not so good from 40-70 yards out and pretty good from 40 yards in. So I will try to get as close as possible unless it would leave me in the 40-70 yard range, then i would try and leave myself a little farther out to get into the next best range for me.
  9. M

New Irons - Almost Ready to Order

Wanted to provide an update. I had a fitting at PXG earlier this morning. Hit the 0317T as well as the 0311P. While I preferred the topline and overall look of the 0317T it was not for me. Hit it OK but not great and miss hits dropped off quite a bit. I hit the 0311 Gen 6 really well and...
  10. M

I still have the MP-32's and they are in fantastic condition. I can't let them go even though I really can't hit them anymore, but I like having them around. Plus I wouldn't get very much for them if I did sell them.
  11. M

I should have specified I have Version 1 of the 699 pros so the 7 iron is 31 degrees where the T150 is 32 decrees. Still you are correct, that extra degree does help with the spin numbers a bit.
  12. M

I had a fitting at GolfTec on Monday and tried several different types of irons. I am currently using Sub 70 699 Pros and like them but am ready for a change. I went in wanting to get fit into a Mizuno iron as I used to play Mizuno (MP 32) and loved them. I tried the new MP 245 and MP 243 and...
  13. M

Blast From The Past Equipment

My Mizuno MP-32's. Best irons I have ever hit. Still have them but my game isn't good enough to use them, but don't want to get rid of them. I played with a co-worker from out of town, he is a 3 handicap and 24 years old, he borrowed my Mizunos and hit them like I used to, was fun seeing them...
  14. M

Club Champion Question

I just signed up for a package at GolfTec and that includes a fitting so I will be using their service instead of Club Champion. Will wait until I have my swing dialed in a bit better before doing the fitting. I will probably also check out the PXG offerings before pulling the trigger on a new...
Back