Recent content by noodle3872

1. noodle3872

Callaway Chrome Tour, Chrome Tour X, and Chrome Soft Golf Balls

Not really when CT has one shot with spin over 3000 rpm versus 2 for CS. CT’s highest spin was 3274 rpm against CS at 3549 and 3800 rpm.
  2. noodle3872

Played CT on Sunday in cool windy conditions. This ball seems to ignore the wind especially when the wind is into or across. I found the higher launch coupled with lower spin off my mid irons to be troubling for distance control but this was my first time playing the CT so I know in time I could...
  3. noodle3872

PING G430 MAX 10K Driver Preview

IMHO, in the fittings I have done and my own playing experience, Ping 10K is worth a look for any player regardless of CHS that doesn’t need more shot shape correction than what the loft sleeve offers. I’ve had slicer and hookers test the 10K, Max, LST and SFT in a session. 10K has a hard time...
  4. noodle3872

Cobra DARKSPEED Drivers Review

I’ve fit several hard hitters into LS with heavy weight back. The beauty of LS is it tames the draw side miss while not being too fade biased in the neutral weight back set up. The face sits open a good bit at standard and that adds to the confidence the ball won’t hook. One customer had a...
  5. noodle3872

I have a box of BX, CT and CTX to test against my trusted Pro V1x. In my mind, I believe CTX will be the only ball that will rival V1x. The new aero package really has my interest since I’m never playing in still conditions.
  6. noodle3872

Help understanding Backspin w/ Driver

This scenario sounds like a high AOA with the face wide open. In my mind I see a swing where the golfer is stuck on their rear foot, club head rises a lot into the ball because there is no move back to the lead foot. Club face must be wide open too for spin to be above 5000 rpm. I’m guessing the...
  7. noodle3872

Which Ball Would You Play?

Been a Pro V1x player for a couple years now however this year I am ball dabbling. Tested RB Tour X and quite liked it so much so I’d like to try the RB Tour at some point. Tried ‘24 TP5 which was so so. Tried BXS which had spin for days but was short off the long clubs. Next up are CT, CTX...
  8. noodle3872

Brag about your kids

All three kids (Vanessa 30 yrs old, Justin and Courtney (twins 28 yrs old) are amazing in their own right however they are all ambitious, conscientious, humble and self-sufficient. Courtney is married (to Shane) and have two kids Presley 8 and Beckett 3. The kids are all very successful in their...
  9. noodle3872

PING G430 MAX 10K Driver Preview

I would say spin sits in the mid-low range. Neither too high nor too low.
  10. noodle3872

Car Detailing Thread

A microfibre cloth designed for windows makes a world of difference. I use CarPro’s Windows towel and Stoner Invisible Glass window cleaner.
  11. noodle3872

Had to use 1 shaft brand in all clubs...what's your choice?

Mitsubishi just like it is right now.
  12. noodle3872

How does Ping install shaft adapter?

Watch from the 2:45 mark on. I guess the answer is brute force. Epoxy pushes up the sides of the adapter creating a solid bond.
  13. noodle3872

Choosing a Golf Ball?

My answers would be; It could if the ball doesn’t offer enough spin. Yes, higher CHS players can over compress a soft ball which leads to a distance penalty. Yes, broadly speaking softer balls tend to spin less which yields more distance. My happy median is where my needs are met in the...
  14. noodle3872

Mitsubishi Golf – 6th Generation Diamana WB

I‘d love a 53S however I’ll behave until the Blue is released so my fairway woods don’t get jealous
  15. noodle3872

Does Ball Number Matter?

Maybe a little.
Back