Recent content by polarisdude94

1. polarisdude94

Mental Golf

What are your best tips for good mental golf? I have regional's for my high school team on tuesday and I need to make sure I don't get down or mentally tired. What do you do to stay focused, etc. Thanks!
  2. polarisdude94

Arc stroke with face balanced mallet?

I have really been having trouble putting well lately, it seems no matter how much i practice I still don't putt well. I am using a Taylormade Rossa Monza Spider Vicino, which is face balanced. I think I do have more of a arcing stroke and didn't know if playing a face balanced putter and not...
  3. polarisdude94

Overlap vs. Interlock Grip

What are Pros and Cons of each grip? I used an interlocking grip up until last year when I got lessons with a Pro. I then started using an overlapping grip. I've heard people say the the overlap is superior and so much better. But if it really is so much better then why wouldn't someone as good...
  4. polarisdude94

Adams Irons

I recently made a thread about me getting some new irons through a Pro I know. I was considering the 710 or 712 AP2's or some other players type irons. Possibly Nike Vr Split Cavity Irons? Anybody have any input on them, compared to AP2's and Nike cci Forged ( Current Irons ). But Then I went on...
  5. polarisdude94

How much do teaching Pros pay?

I am getting new clubs through a teaching pro, and he told me he would sell them to me at 10% over his costs. I was just a little curious to whatthey normally pay for clubs? Say a set of AP2s. Or a 910 or R11 driver. Thanks!
  6. polarisdude94

Woods shaft flex corresponds to iron shaft flex?

Should your wood and iron shaft all have the same flexes? The reason I am asking is that I play stiff in all my woods but I have regular in my irons. I am going to be getting irons either late this year or next year for sure and I was just wonder. Even though I will get fit for a shaft by the...
  7. polarisdude94

Amature/junior sponsorship

Hi all. I am a junior golfer as some of you know. I am playing in tournaments this summer and I don't have all the funds I need for fees and equipment. Especially if I want to do a lot of tournaments. I shot at par or +/- a few strokes. I am a solid golfer. Does anybody know how to get a...
  8. polarisdude94

Keys to drving the ball consistently

What are they keys to driving the ball consistently. Hole to hole and day to day. Sometimes I hit every fw and sometimes I miss a few. But some days like yesterday I can barely hit any. What are the key things I should be trying to do in my swing. Every other club is good except driver. Do I...
  9. polarisdude94

Yardage Books

What do the Pros put in their yardage books? I just signed up for some of my summer tournaments and I am going to play there the day or two before. What should I write down on my notebook? Should I plan out what want to do?
  10. polarisdude94

How to hit Irons Farther.

How can I hit my irons farther? I'm 16 and I hit my 8 iron 150. Is this normal or above or below average? What can I do to hit the ball further? Just wait till I get bigger? Lift more weights? I already lift now, but not real extreme. What are some good exercises and lifts for golf?
  11. polarisdude94

Drill for In-out swing

Hello, I am working on getting more consistent with my driver. I know I need to get more of a in to out swing path. Sometimes I hit a really nice draw and sometimes I can't hit a draw or slight fade to save my life. I used to struggle with the slice, but this year when I do slice it, it is still...
  12. polarisdude94

R11 "Woody"

Anybody else see this? Looks...interesting...
  13. polarisdude94

Footjoy Superlites...Good???

Are the footjoy superiltes any good? How is stability and comfort? They look narrow so Stability is what I am questioning the most.
  14. polarisdude94

Golf Ball Compression

I normally play Srixon Z star or Nike one tour D or TM TP Red. I also play an occasional ProV1 that I find. Well I found a ProV1x the other day I was hitting it great and it seemed to fit me soo much better. I was looking on Nikes website and the ONE tour D has a lower compression rating than...
  15. polarisdude94

Nike Vr forged vs. Nike V-rev cast wedges

Getting new wedges soon, hopefully really soon, and I was thinking about getting the Vr Forged at first, but I have read that many people say they just chew up balls. So then I was thinking of getting the V-rev wedges because I dont feel like replacing my ball every other hole. So who uses the...
Back