Recent content by Redowl

1. Redowl

Flag Event etiquette question?

We recently played in a scramble and our team managed to eagle a long par 4. This happened to occur on the ‘closest to the pin in 2’ hole. My question is: Where do you put the signed stake/placard when you hole-out in the parameters of the challenge? We signed our name and wrote in bold “IN THE...
  2. Redowl

Know anything about new washing machines?

Short story long: Our washing machine died two days ago and the clothes & frustration are piling up. Between the service call and possible costs of replacing parts, I don't think it is worth it to throw $100s at a 10+ y.o. machine in hopes to get it limping along for a few more years. (opinions...
  3. Redowl

WTB Never Compromise Gambler Flush OR Robusto

Anyone have a Never Compromise Gambler Flush or Connoisseur Robusto collecting dust? (Right-Handed) I'd like to add one of these to my meager collection but am hoping for something that hasn't had the snot beaten out of it. In a perfect world I'd love a 33", but depending on condition and...
  4. Redowl

How much do you tip for pizza delivery?

I got into a bit of a 'debate' with a buddy about this the other night. I tend to tip about 20% of the final bill (+/- based on service and other conditions). He usually tips anywhere from $2 - $6 (+/- based on service and other conditions). My argument: The driver is in a service/waiting...
  5. Redowl

Diesel cars & SUV

Does anyone here have any good or bad experiences with small diesel SUVs? We are in need of a tow vehicle, but don't want to add a third car to our stable, nor do we want to add a lumbering gas-hog, as we will be using it as a daily driver. We've heard good things about some of the new turbo...
  6. Redowl

Custom Putter Covers

I am looking to have a few customer putter covers designed/made and am looking for recommendations. I've found several places online that do it, but I was hoping someone here could make a personal recommendation. Thanks!
  7. Redowl

If you like a shaft here, will you like it there?

Until I found this site, I never even thought about shaft-selection when purchasing a new club. Now that I've been around a bit, I have started to pay attention to what I like. I still know very little about shaft design & characteristics, but I'm trying to learn! With that said, I am wondering...
  8. Redowl

"sporty pants" recommendation

I don't often wear golf pants, but when I do... ...I look like I'm running late for a meeting when I'm on the 13th tee. Can anyone recommend a brand/model of golf pants that looks a little sportier? I'd still like them to look nice, but would prefer to avoid yet another pair of "slacks".
  9. Redowl

Buyers remorse...

I didn't want to threadjack another thread, so I thought I would ask this here. I currently use a 10+ year old Cleveland low-bounce wedge. It is, by far, the most comfortable & familiar club in my bag aside from my putter. Unfortunately, the grooves are non-existent and the grip is original (I...
  10. Redowl

Sunscreen

I'm wondering what people use for sunscreen when they golf? I try to stay diligent about applying sunscreen, but so many products seem to just make me sweat more, and make me uncomfortable on the course. When I start feeling uncomfortable, I'm less inclined to apply sunscreen. A majority of...
  11. Redowl

The Grint

Does anyone use The Grint for establishing/monitoring your handicap? I was just going to sign up for oobgolf, or something similar until I came across this. It looks like I can get an official handicap without belonging to a club? Does this seem legit/fishy to anyone? Here is the website...
  12. Redowl

Lawn maintenance: To bag, or not to bag? that is my question.

For those of you out there with a love for your lawns, I'm wondering what your stance is on bagging grass clippings when you mow. I stumbled into a great deal for a pump-assisted bagger for my zero turn, but have never had one before and was looking for pros, cons, and your overall...
  13. Redowl

Oakley Sunglasses - Polarized G30

Hello all, I've been eyeing up the Oakley G30 lenses for quite some time (stalked a lot of the threads on THP) but was reluctant to pull the trigger because they seemed very golf-specific and didn't seem like they would work very well for other endeavors. Recently, I learned that the G30 can now...
  14. Redowl

G25 or Covert VRS

Do you think one of these would be more gentle/forgiving for a high-handicapper trying to correct a slice? My current driver is 7 years old, and rarely comes out of my bag during the round. To be fair, I can't really blame it on the club. I have a wicked slice, and am so scared of my driver...
  15. Redowl

Duffer from the Dairyland

Hello all! I'm a newbie from Wisconsin, and thought I'd say hi. I've stumbled across this website several times when searching for golf-product reviews, and can't seem to leave - so I thought I might as well register and say hi. Up until recently, I haven't golfed much (8-12 times a season), but...
Back