Recent content by Rob Wedge

1. Rob Wedge

If you are not a member anywhere - what makes your “most played” course the one you play more often..?

I'm lucky enough to live in Monmouth county NJ and our public courses are amazing. The one I play most is because it's 5 mins from my house and 36 holes. So I can bounce back and forth between courses to keep it different each week.
  2. Rob Wedge

Central NJ, Eastern PA & Surrounding Area Chat

Never played that but would love too!
  3. Rob Wedge

Ugh....broke a window

Many many years ago I did the same. That's why I still hate playing courses with house right next to the fairways. We came to an agreement that I would replace it if it approved of my work. Took me 30mins and was under $100. Not sure what type of window you hit, but glass is dirt cheap.
  4. Rob Wedge

I think we may have played a round back in the day. I'm on board
  5. Rob Wedge

O, it's an event. :( Maybe if anyone else wants to go play down there during it and get some crab fries with everyone, I'm in.
  6. Rob Wedge

I love Twisted Dunes. Such an odd course for NJ. Just remember to bring your own :) Dry course
  7. Rob Wedge

I'm in. That's a great course. And an hour away. Hopefully it comes together. I haven't seen JB in probably 10 years.
  8. Rob Wedge

I saw JB posted something in this back in November that there was something in the works for NJ. AC is always a good time. Crystal Springs is always fun too but can become pricey. https://www.crystalgolfresort.com/golf
  9. Rob Wedge

Hi there. Any updates on when and where the THP NJ event will be this year?
  10. Rob Wedge

Are You Getting Better?

After taking 8 or 9 years completely off of golf I can't really gauge where I'm at. I stopped because I had 2 kids and my game completely fell off the rails. I've got in about 4 rounds this year hitting in the mid to high 80's so I guess I'll start tracking from that. I can say one thing that...
  11. Rob Wedge

What is “good golf” to you?

Good time with good friends
  12. Rob Wedge

Feeling really discouraged

Take lessons before you develop bad habits. Bad habits will haunt you for years once that becomes your normal swing.
  13. Rob Wedge

How far do you hit your 7i?

I thought the blue flag at our range was around 150 and was coming just short of it with my 7. After being off golf for many years was fine with this. Guy next to me was using a laser and it was actually 198. So I'm thinking 180 right now.
Back