Recent content by RVS1970

1. RVS1970

L.A.B. Golf DF3 Putter

Ok, fess up....which one of you LAB Rats bought the gold plated DF-3PO on Star Wars Day?
  2. RVS1970

ANNOUNCEMENT Congrats - You are Headed to the Victory Cup with Mizuno Golf

Yes, plan to do that. I followed the live WorldWide Golf Championship thread to get the feel and understand how it worked.
  3. RVS1970

We're flying into Shannon for two weeks on the west coast. Ballybunion, Tralee, Lahinch and Carne are reserved.
  4. RVS1970

I'm heading to Ireland this month, so all my golf focus has been on the upcoming trip. But when I get back I'll be cramming like an over-caffeinated college student during finals week! Fortunately I can visit the Haggin Oaks SuperShop to demo every Mizuno club they carry.
  5. RVS1970

What Is The Bigger Golf Red Flag?

That depends. Is the name on the bag "Thrillbilly Jim"? 😁
  6. RVS1970

Newest Club In Your Bag?

Taylormade Milled Grind 4 wedge 52*/9. First round will be on Thursday.
  7. RVS1970

2 weeks in Ireland!

I did a 10-day trip to Scotland with my wife in 2015....didn't golf at all, but still had a wonderful time in St Andrews. My wife loved it there. (We went back last summer, and golf was the focus that time.) We leave on May 15th for 2 weeks in Ireland as well, and golf is already booked on the...
  8. RVS1970

Getting old sucks: Post your ailments

When I turned 40 my eyeballs decided they didn't want to read anymore, so I had to get glasses. Seems like it happened overnight. Now in my 50's and I have arthritis in my right hip joint. This one has been slowly building up for years. Throbs everyday now, so I'm going back to see the ortho...
  9. RVS1970

2024 Victory Cup Travel Thread

My wife and I will be flying in from Sacramento. Her brother lives less than 10 miles from Briggs Ranch so she'll stay with him. Haven't decided on travel days yet.
  10. RVS1970

Bridgestone Golf MINDSET Visual Technology

I typically aim my tee shot using a line on the ball, and also line up short putts with one. So I went ahead and added a line to give it a try next time i play.
  11. RVS1970

Bridgestone Golf MINDSET Visual Technology

I finally had a chance to play a full round with the TourBX mindset ball. Well, it works. Especially off the tee for me. I hit 11 fairways, and the 3 misses were not that bad. I find that it keeps me from letting swing thoughts get in the way, and just trust the swing. Prior to using the...
  12. RVS1970

Wow. I'm speechless. My in-box was filled with notifications this morning and I finally have time to take a break from work and thank everyone for their support. And an especially big thank you to THP for organizing these events (and this one in particular 😁) and providing the opportunity to...
  13. RVS1970

Operation 36

I'm doing it with my wife, a very low-stress way for her to get started with golf. Weekly lessons with 9-holes played every other week. The lessons are somewhat basic, so if you have experience already it might be boring. But if you keep an open mind you should pick up some nuggets here and...
  14. RVS1970

L.A.B. Directed Force Putters

You'll get there. Took me a couple weeks to get out of my old habits and just rely on the DF2.1 to do the work.
  15. RVS1970

L.A.B. Directed Force Putters

Did you check the LAB outlet? Some custom DF3's are already showing up. I bought my DF2.1 from the outlet, no regrets. But be aware that there are no returns for outlet items. Also, if you find one you like you can email them with questions regarding a specific club and they will respond. I...
Back