Recent content by sixcat

1. sixcat

Joe LaCava

Is it a coincidence that Joe LaCava has been on the bag for two of the biggest rules blunders in recent major championship history or does he need to take some of the blame?
  2. sixcat

All things Ryder Cup

Lets get the conversation going. I have a few questions. Is this Jim Furyk's last Ryder Cup as a player? Steve Stricker? Do either or both become captain at some point? Does Anthony Kim ever play on another Ryder Cup? Who is the next American captain? I do believe this is Stricker and Furyk's...
  3. sixcat

Where to play in New Orleans?

My wife is being sent to New Orleans in September for business and I am tagging along since it is one of the few places I have never been. Since she will be in conferences during working hours all week, I will be taking the sticks to play some New Orleans area golf. Any suggestions?
  4. sixcat

Adjustments with my golf game....

I can't wear contacts anymore due to some issues with my eyes. I bought Oakley Gaskets with Transitions lenses. Anybody with any experience with this? How difficult of an adjustment will it be?
  5. sixcat

Clicgear 3.0 vs Caddytek 13.5

I walk almost exclusively and am in the market for a new push cart. I got a Linksman X7 for Christmas a couple of years ago and it has not been of very good quality. Both bag straps broke within 5 months of use, the top strap breaking during the second round in which I used it. I have been...
  6. sixcat

Back 9 Network

Has anyone else seen this? A new television network produced by Clint Eastwood. Looks interesting. http://back9network.com/ http://www.geoffshackelford.com/homepage/2012/2/3/back-nine-network-launch-video.html...
  7. sixcat

Galax (VA) High School

I would like to say congratulations to the Galax (VA) High School golf team and especially a special group of seniors. They recently won their third state championship in four seasons. The senior class was instrumental in winning all three titles, one each as freshmen, juniors and seniors and...
  8. sixcat

Public Links Championships

I am curious about the limitations to qualifying for state or national public links tournaments. I am a member of a private club. A fellow member of this club recently qualified for the state public links championship for the second consecutive year by winning an open tournament at a local 9...
  9. sixcat

Any experience with North Carolina based GolfTEC locations

I am about the same distance from Raleigh and Charlotte (about 2 hours). I am planing on taking a trip to a golftec center soon to get a personal club fitting. I am extremely interested in the Burner 2.0 irons since my club has been given a demo set by our local TMAG rep. I played these clubs...
  10. sixcat

Hello...

I found this site a while ago but never really spent a lot of time browsing until recently. I work in front of a computer all day for a career and don't have a lot of time/patience for it once the work day is over. Work is finally slowing down a bit so I can venture here during the day some...
Back