Recent content by SmoothC83

1. SmoothC83

FS: Mizuno Mp69 PW-7, Mp64 6-4, KBS Tour Shats, Excellent Condition.

Hi all, I have a set of Mizuno's that I am looking to part with. It is 4-PW, the 4i through the 6i are the Mp64's muscle cavity, and the 7i through PW are the Mp69's. They are gripped with standard sized NDMC black/blue grips. They are shafted with KBS Tours in stiff flex. Last season was the...
  2. SmoothC83

Sergio's Concession...Commendable or Criticizable?

I am sure that by now everyone is familiar with the 17ft par putt that Sergio Garcia conceded to Rickie Fowler during the match play. Sergio has taken quite a bit of criticism for that move. He defended his actions by stating that he felt it was the right thing to do following a free drop...
  3. SmoothC83

Head Weight Help

Alright, the issue I am having is the heads of my PW and 9i feel to heavy for me to make the swing I want to. My question then is how do I go about reducing the amount of weight I am feeling in the head? Does adding weight to my grip reduce the amount of weight felt in the head?
  4. SmoothC83

When Does Your Glove Come Off?

After hearing Faldo and Finchy bantering about their personal glove/feel theories, it got me thinking. Finch wore his glove on every shot including putts, and believed you stuck with what you did when you first started playing. Faldo said his came off anytime he had a chip or less, believing...
  5. SmoothC83

Ribbed Grips to Control Face Angle?

Recently I saw that Bubba Watson played his irons at 10* open. Needless to say I was fairly taken aback. What I later found out though was that his clubs are not bent 10* open. He plays with ribbed grips that are placed on the club so that when he takes his grip it opens the face 10*. Do any of...
  6. SmoothC83

Fowler Revamp = More Distance

So after watching Rickie bring home a third place finish in the Match Play Champ. It was hard to ignore the fact that he was hitting some bombs out there. I mean I don't think he has ever been classified as a short hitter by any means, nor have I ever heard him referred to as a bomber. Also, I...
  7. SmoothC83

Any Experience?...Black Tie vs Fujikura Fuel

I know this may be a bit of a long shot, but I am pondering the use of either of these two shafts. They have very similar specs as far as weight, torque, launch, and spin classifications go. Just curious if any of you guys have had the opportunity to try both shafts, in the hopes that you may be...
  8. SmoothC83

Live Update Thread - TaylorMade Tour Preferred Irons - TP CB, MC & MB

Oh what I wouldn't give just to see a fairway that wasn't white. The MikeDean vine and 3 shot pic segment will officially keep me happy for the rest of the day. It's only funny because every single one of us know exactly how he was feeling.
  9. SmoothC83

Live Update Thread - TaylorMade Tour Preferred Irons - TP CB, MC & MB

Well that was an awesome little experience to follow along with. Can't wait for round two tomorrow.
  10. SmoothC83

Glad to be here

Hello Everyone, I currently live in Idaho, where as you can imagine, the weather this time of year is neither conducive to my love of golf nor that act of showing off what the good lord has given you in a "mankini". Anyways I am a 30 year old father of two beautiful daughters and have currently...
Back