Recent content by Tbird

1. Tbird

Broke a shaft today.

Today while swinging I had my driver shaft snap on me right before contact. I did not hit the ground or anything it just snapped. Could this mean my flex was too soft or did I just have a bad shaft? The club is a SLDR with the fixed shaft about a year old
  2. Tbird

Which tees to play from question

I was recently playing in a fundraising tournament that was a 4 man scramble, when we approached one hole the sponsor sign was on a different color tee box than we were playing. Every other hole was playing from the white tees next to a sponsors sign. On this hole it was located up one set of...
  3. Tbird

FS: R11/s/rbz shafts and Taylormade r11 bag

Nventix Nunchuk driver shaft 44 1/2" long and Graffaloy bimatrx shaft (stiff) 44" for $200+shipping for both (both have the r11/rbz tip on them) willing to split up also Taylormad R11 bag $150+shipping
  4. Tbird

Birthday coming up....

Any suggestions on what to ask for or what I should go try to see if I like?
  5. Tbird

Bowled a 299 tonight

like the title says I bowled my high game of 299 stuck the 7 pin....pretty pissed.
  6. Tbird

At the Range sadness

Have you ever been at the range hitting the ball well with nobody near you? Then someone comes and sets up next to you and proceeds to have the most beautiful ball flight that makes you question everything you do. Well that happened to me tonight. haha. I just had to see has anyone else...
  7. Tbird

directing a golf tournament...need help!

I am a basketball coach at a Louisiana high school and they have recently asked me to help with their golf tournament. The location (Lakewood in New Orleans) and date (4/21) are set. The thing im looking the most help with is the extras that go into a tournament. What makes you want to be part...
  8. Tbird

Pro Advanced Net....A small review.

I recently purchased the Pro Advanced net with the self-returning system. I owned a IZZO net before and did not like it at all. I thought about purchasing a swing box until I came across the Pro Advance. I purchased for $149.99 via the Pro Advanced website (http://www.pro-advanced.com/) and it...
  9. Tbird

toe hits.

I recently put some impact tape on my irons just for fun, and came away with a shocking result. All my shots were at the toe, but felt nice and flew a good distance. This got me wondering if I got my irons bent upright .5 or .75 would that promote a straighter shot with more distance being the...
  10. Tbird

FS: Scotty Cameron Big sur, Taylormade Belly spider, Ping s56, Nunchuck r11 tip

All four are in good condition. I'll take better pics upon request. $425 for the S56 KBS Shaft 4-PW (Black dot, painted the number and dot orange) $200 for the Big Sur 49" and $90 for the ghost spider belly 43". Nventix Nunchuck with r11 tip for $200. All prices are negotiable. Shipping will...
  11. Tbird

Slingbox

anyone ever use or currently own one of these? if so, how is it?
  12. Tbird

Hitting the draw with control.

I used to never be able to hit this shot, but as of late I can. My main problem though is I can't control it or I am hesitant to actually aim that far right. Is it normal to be aimed off a good bit than normal when hitting the draw, and also how might I gain more control over it?
  13. Tbird

the wheel deal, anyone use it?

anyone ever use this product? thought about buying it but their twitter has not been used in almost 2 years and that comes off as odd to me. I need to get this putting going better. buythewheeldeal.com
  14. Tbird

Putting cyclops

Was watching golf fix and saw breed's putting cyclops. Thought about buying it, anyone ever use it? I have a slight arc style so I tried out a shoe box and that seems to work so I dont know if getting the legit thing is worth it.
  15. Tbird

Etiquette ruling

So me and two buddies of mine are playing a round and we are one hole that is along some houses.....as we approach the par 5's green, my friend goes to hit and a group of people hit an air horn. we laugh and its funny the first time well, his next two shots(hes not very good) they do the same...
Back