Recent content by Tim

1. T

Learned something new to me

Hello, Last night I take my son over to our local course with a super range to see what type of hybrid he wants to get. To keep it short, the guy says he needs at least an 80 gram shaft because he is swinging at 100 MPH and since he is not quite 16 that will go up. He tells me the reason he is...
  2. T

High school golf coach getting paid?

Hello all, I would like you opinion on this. Should the high school golf coach be getting paid to teach one of his team members? Especially this close to the start of the season. Is that cool?
  3. T

I don't care

This may sound bad but, I am here to play golf. Not tell the people I get paired up with my life story. I don't care what you do or where you send your kids to school. I am pleasant, polite and complimentary. I learned this from my frien who is a minister. He will never tell people what he...
  4. T

Martial arts

What art do you or have you studied? I did Tae Kwon Do in the early 80's for about 5 years before it changed to whatever it is now. I have been studying Aikido for five years now, and I am surprised how close it resembles golf. So many of the movements and foundations are very similiar...
  5. T

What does this mean?

I have been hearing this on TV lately. Getting behind it. ' he got behind that one' or 'he's trying not to get behind it' its a bad thing Thanks
  6. T

Check this one out

Here is a putter my friend made in the early 90's. He worked at a local club maker and they made just a handful of these.
  7. T

Best golf book or books?

I have read quite a few. One of the best is called Munie, by Bobbie Steiner. Very differant than any other. What about you?
  8. T

Three Rivers.. Longview Washington

If you live around here Three Rivers is a must play. Built on Mt St. Helens ash, it is dry and firm. Bounce and roll and the greens are firm and nice. No mud.. $20. to walk. We show up and it starts raining and the wind kicks up. She says, lets play nine and see how it goes, I'll go get a...
  9. T

How far do you hit 3 wood?

Hello all, My stock pitching wedge is 125, 8 iron 150. I hit my 3 wood 230 or so. Does that sound weak to you too? My swing speed is 98-99 with driver.
  10. T

Am I the biggest jerk?

I have spent the last 3 years teaching my GF the game. She breaks 100 regularly now. she wants to play in tournaments. So, am I the biggets jerk for wanting her to act like a golfer? Like, get out of the cart and stand at the tee box ready to hit. The other day we played with another...
Back