Recent content by wadesworld

1. wadesworld

EXPERIENCE The 2024 SkyTrak Experience

More proof I'll never be a detective. Thanks Matt!
  2. wadesworld

No. The enclosure and projector. Haven’t heard whether SkyTrak+ units are coming before the event, or after. I wonder if anybody would know? 🤔
  3. wadesworld

It’s here! Long day of setup ahead of me. Enclosure and projector. Still waiting on the hitting mat and bounce back mat, but I hope to be 75% complete by the end of the weekend. Should I livestream the assembly? 🤣
  4. wadesworld

College Golf conference Tournaments

I just watched my recording of the SEC Women's championship matchplay finals. It was some unreal golf.
  5. wadesworld

LIVE UPDATE THREAD The 2024 Vokey Experience at Ballyhack

This is so awesome. I got to hit some of the SM10's recently and I would have loved to be in this event.
  6. wadesworld

"Would you like to use the scorecard feature?"

I might use it if I forgot my phone and forgot to get a scorecard, but that's the only way. Too much hassle.
  7. wadesworld

Exciting day! The first piece of the simulator has arrived! In all seriousness, hitting mat, enclosure, and projector have all been ordered. The only thing not ordered yet is the bounce-back turf which I'm probably going to use some turf from Home Depot so I'll wait until everything is...
  8. wadesworld

Welcome Desmond! Going to be a great time!
  9. wadesworld

Evansville, IN Monday May 20th - Skytrak experience pre-round

We're booking a round on Monday morning, May 20th. If anyone would like to join us, please let us know. Furthermore, if any locals have course recommendations for the Evansville area, please toss them out.
  10. wadesworld

McLovin's Journey to Improve

Well, without real practice, I generally make my expectations MUCH lower. Like "Oh, I got it on the green - I succeeded." That said, I notice sometimes I'm just not putting enough thought into the shot. I walk up to a shot and think, "Yeah, I want to hit a 56 soft shot" and I step up and hit...
  11. wadesworld

Old Man shakes fist at sky; handicap posting as a single

I agree this is a dumb rule. When I'm paired up with 3 randoms, there is absolutely nobody keeping track of my score and certainly not attesting to it. Heck, when I play with friends nobody is checking what I post. Post it.
  12. wadesworld

McLovin's Journey to Improve

Are you watching the Dan Grieve stuff? If not, do!
  13. wadesworld

How much difference do your fitted clubs actually make?

If you listen to @Canadan's latest off-course episode, you'll hear the fitting experts discuss how they enjoy the higher handicappers the most because they can have the biggest impact on their game. Yeah, if the person is like a 35-handicap that can't get the ball off the ground there may not...
  14. wadesworld

Do/did you tip your fitter?

I'm sure they don't, but I would think the margin kept would be less than Uber/Lyft and you can still make a decent living.
  15. wadesworld

Do/did you tip your fitter?

I tip Uber/Lyft drivers (if they do a good job) because I know their corporation is taking most of the fee. Pro tip: Always tip your hairdresser a ridiculous amount. You'll get priority appointments.
Back