Recent content by WestTex

1. WestTex

Good to be back!

Been away from the game and the forums for a while; but I'm back in action and back to pondering golf clubs :) Looking forward to chatting with you all again!
  2. WestTex

Web.com is in town!

Finally got up to the tournament grounds this week, and guess who I find? Matt from Callaway/Odessy!!!! Took us a minute to remember where we knew each other from, I almost blushed when he asked if I was the local Callaway rep haha. The man was working hard showing off all the goodies he...
  3. WestTex

FJ M Project

Contest giveaway over at Foot Joy for their new M Project line of golf shoes. http://www.footjoy.com/contest/2013mproject/entry.asp
  4. WestTex

Footjoy M:Project Sweepstakes

Contest giveaway over at Foot Joy for their new M Project line of golf shoes. http://www.footjoy.com/contest/2013mproject/entry.asp
  5. WestTex

Gulf Shores, Ala

Hey Everyone, my family is taking a trip to Gulf Shores here and 2 weeks and I was wondering if anyone had some clues into what course we can/should play while we are down there. I believe we are only going to play once, so if there is a MUST PLAY in your eye I'd love to hear about it :) Thanks!
  6. WestTex

Miyazaki and International flex code

Been Pondering the Cleveland Classic since you can get them from $199 these days Question of how you find your flex code though. How does this work exactly? Do they have some kind of device like the Mizuno shaft optimizer that spits these flex code numbers out for you? Do you just hit every...
  7. WestTex

Tight lie, chipping help please

Well you'd figure I'd have this down pat by now if anyone has ever been out my way, but recently chipping from a tight lie has been the bane of my golf game. My miss lately has been to cut right under the ball catching it heavy/high off the face and the ball just going no where. I've tried...
  8. WestTex

The 3+ wood, what are it's advantages?

Wondering what everyone's thoughts are on this subject. What are the advantages you believe having a 14.5 degree or below 3 wood gives you? Do you like having a very long 2nd option to driver? Need the extra length? Do you find it more forgiving than your Driver? Is it a driver with a smaller...
  9. WestTex

#1 golf training aid..masochism..It hurts so good.

Throughout my high school and College days, one could say that I am..well...slightly injury prone....Sprained ankles, Bursitis, Tendinitis, Loose Rotater Cuff, slightly torn muscle in my elbow, Shoulder ligament damage below my right shoulder, pulled hamstring....I could name a few more of these...
  10. WestTex

Best Laser Range finder for the money

I've recently been looking to buy a laser range finder, but there are quite a few choices in quite a few different price ranges. So bottom line, what models give me an easy to read, exact yardage from 250+ for the best price? Also what are your thoughts on those models?
  11. WestTex

Golfsmith monthly giveway

http://www.golfsmith.com/cm/ In the bottom left of the website, just enter your email and zip code for a chance to win these prizes: 5 Black Widow Maker Pistol Putter Grips, 15 Black Widow Torque White With Black Cord Round Standard Grips 15 Black Widow Signature II White Grips
  12. WestTex

Golf style in your area?

After seeing so many folks on tour wear pants in every color of the rainbow, it got me to thinking; have I ever seen someone around here wear white pants? That answer was a NO unless you count meeting Doug Sanders at a putting green in Ruidoso NM but he was the original Color guy on tour so I...
  13. WestTex

Holiday Travel, how far did you go?

Some people travel half way around the world, some say the farthest they want to travel is to their front porch and back. So my question, how far did you go? For myself it went like this: Midland to Bronte: 2 hours by car for X-mas eve Bront to Eastland: 2 hours by car for X-mas Eastland to...
  14. WestTex

Euro tour commercial

Its things like that that make me realize that I'm really not that good at golf.....
  15. WestTex

How many magazines a year?

Was just wondering how many you guys put out a year? I'm guessing 2-4 but wasn't sure! Also I see the Summer issue listed to buy but then saw a post from August about Brittany being on a cover, has that one come out yet? Wanting to find the latest and greatest to read from all you great THP'ers :)
Back