TaylorMade Spider Tour Series Putters

Traded an older beat up Scotty Phantom for a new Spider Tour X yesterday. Always liked the shape but never got along with the insert of previous models. This one I like. Not crazy about the headcover which I think will not age well but those are replaceable. First outing scheduled for tomorrow. Rolling at home it feels very balanced and easy. Slightly heavier than my Fetch, at least feel wise which is a good thing. I putt great with my ancient Anser 2 from everywhere except within 5 feet so hopefully this will help improve that.

Rolled the Z and the original shape. The original felt huge even though they are basically the same. The Z was good but those squished wings just didn't do it for me. Like the SS grip but wish it was one with the counterbalance option.

Good day with the Spider again. 30 putts, 3 birdies and 3 one putts to save par. This putter puts such a great roll on the ball. I have always been a blade type putter fan but this will stay in the bag and replace my Chicago. Chicago was there for 4 years.

Good day with the Spider again. 30 putts, 3 birdies and 3 one putts to save par. This putter puts such a great roll on the ball. I have always been a blade type putter fan but this will stay in the bag and replace my Chicago. Chicago was there for 4 years.
I'm a big fan of this version of the Spider Tour - I have a 35 in. DB and even if it's not my current gamer it's right up there and not going anywhere. Really like it over the Spider X and other recent releases.

Really like this putter more and more every time out. Just puts such a great roll on the ball. Distance control is so easy, I left one putt short today and that was from about 40 feet. Made the second putt from 3 feet. Getting more comfortable with the Super Stroke Pistol 1.0 grip. I usually prefer the tour SNSR 140 but will leave the stock grip on for awhile.

I'm hoping to get in one final round on Friday and I'll be gaming my Spider Tour for it - really want to see more of what this can do for an entire round. One thing I've noticed a lot when putting with this at home is just how much the ball stays on its intended line - I don't seem to push or pull my putts as much using this. Also, totally not important but still worth mentioning, the grip looks really cool :LOL:.

I went with gun metal since it was the only PVD option. All the rest are painted according to the TM rep i talked to on the phone. Blacked out the rest of it minus the true path and went with the aluminum silver insert.

View attachment 9218491
View attachment 9218492

Funny enough I did the exact same colour config (With the Spider X3, photos below)...

What was the timeframe between your order and final delivery @clarkgriswold? My 2 have been on order since Nov. 19 and the original fulfillment time was stated 'typically' between 3-4 weeks...

Updates have been slim, and I decided to follow-up, and chatted w/a rep in Toronto (Matt) a couple of days ago, who was very understanding but essentially gave me the same message before, 'hopefully' shipping the first week of January, and then 5-10 days for delivery...

This puts it likely around the 8 week mark (vs. the posted 3-4 week timeline offerred upon ordering). This is highly unusual based upon my past history ordering similar custom products, and they were very nice in offerring me a 25% discount for my trouble.

The explanation was they are assembled, shipped from Asia, and there was an unknown problem with the orders being processed properly, specifically tied to the 'My Spider' line.

Honestly, I would happily have forgone the discount to get my order within the service levels outlined when ordered. I'm very obviously an extremely loyal 'Eagle' member of Team Taylormade LOL, however the lack of proactive communication from my friends at Taylormade has been disappointing - Great customer experience begins with properly managing expectations, as well as communicate, communicate, communicate...

I'm sure all will be rectified, but annoying to say the least.

Attachments

• TM MY SPIDER TOUR X (X3) (BOTTOM).jpg
    TM MY SPIDER TOUR X (X3) (BOTTOM).jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 7
  • TM MY SPIDER TOUR X (X3) (FRONT).jpg
    TM MY SPIDER TOUR X (X3) (FRONT).jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 6
  • TM MY SPIDER TOUR X (X3) (HEADCOVER).jpg
    TM MY SPIDER TOUR X (X3) (HEADCOVER).jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 6
  • TM MY SPIDER TOUR X (X3) (SIDE).jpg
    TM MY SPIDER TOUR X (X3) (SIDE).jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 6
  • TM MY SPIDER TOUR X (X3) (TOP).jpg
    TM MY SPIDER TOUR X (X3) (TOP).jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 7
  • TM MY SPIDER TOUR X (X3).jpg
    TM MY SPIDER TOUR X (X3).jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 7
  • Taylormade My Spider Tour X3
  • 'My' version with custom colour choices
  • 34.5"
  • KBS Stepless Black PVD Shaft
  • 11g weights (vs. stock 6g)
  • SuperStroke Zenergy Pistol GT 1.0

Attachments

• TM MY SPIDER TOUR X3 PUTTER 1.jpg
    TM MY SPIDER TOUR X3 PUTTER 1.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 11
  • TM MY SPIDER TOUR X3 PUTTER 2.jpg
    TM MY SPIDER TOUR X3 PUTTER 2.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 11
  • TM MY SPIDER TOUR X3 PUTTER 3.jpg
    TM MY SPIDER TOUR X3 PUTTER 3.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 14
  • TM MY SPIDER TOUR X3 PUTTER 4.jpg
    TM MY SPIDER TOUR X3 PUTTER 4.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 12
  • TM MY SPIDER TOUR X3 PUTTER 5.jpg
    TM MY SPIDER TOUR X3 PUTTER 5.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 12
  • TM MY SPIDER TOUR X3 PUTTER 6.jpg
    TM MY SPIDER TOUR X3 PUTTER 6.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
I keep trying out my various putters during the off season, and I can't help but notice that overall, my Spider Tour is performing the best. I really like my M. Craft OMOI 4, especially as my only blade putter, but there's something about the Spider Tour that just seems to work a little more consistently for me.

Played my first 'real' rounds outdoors during my Mexican vacation last week with my new custom 'My Spider Tour X3' and I putted very well...

Love the solid balance and control with the additional weight I applied. Once again, 11g's aside vs. the stock 6g weights.

Feels like there’s been a bunch of success on Tour with these recently. Scottie just won with one and someone else won with one a few weeks ago. Great release this year!

Feels like there’s been a bunch of success on Tour with these recently. Scottie just won with one and someone else won with one a few weeks ago. Great release this year!

Yeah, the fact Scottie went from almost last in the field in putting to putting on a putting clinic after switching is gonna sell a lot of putters.

Not gonna lie, I'll roll it a few times at the store this week myself.

#winsonSundaysellsonMonday

Not a good look for Taylormade’s new partnership with Logan Olson. Scottie drops his Olson for a spider and instant switch in his putting performance, while Morikawa adds an Olson in his bag, with a fancy graphite shaft and doesn’t even make the cut. Nelly also ditched the Olson putter she had been trying.

Not a good look for Taylormade’s new partnership with Logan Olson. Scottie drops his Olson for a spider and instant switch in his putting performance, while Morikawa adds an Olson in his bag, with a fancy graphite shaft and doesn’t even make the cut. Nelly also ditched the Olson putter she had been trying.

Yeah, it must bother TM that they have not been taken seriously as a putter manufacturer - It appears to me the Logan purchase was intended to be a strategic partnership to bring street cred similar to the Scotty sect as it relates to high-end blade putters...

The fact is, rightly or wrongly mallets are technologically superior based on years of the evolution of the flat stick, the science of MOI that represent an ever growing sector of the putting population, both amateur and professional.

Think the Logan acquisition was an 'ego' purchase for TM as it must be difficult for an uber competitive org to see they can compete in the blade putter space (Even their newest premium blades, the TP Reserve have been ridiculously panned for the price and for their 'inferiority' to Scotty's blades :rolleyes:)...

TM should consider staying in their 'lane' as it relates to their amazing mallets - The Spider series particularly have been a smashing success and Scottie's second win in as many weeks will only reinforce that.

Blades are increasingly going to become a part of the history of the game as technology continues to push the limits of MOI, as well as serious players continue ot realize a blade, no matter what shafts, grips, etc. you try to add are just inferior...

TM should just enjoy their success with these products and continue to build upon it.

Definitely a major stock drop. Olson looked poised to be flying high and in a few short weeks and everyone dropped it.

Bought a Scotty Cameron Newport late last year and was really impressed with the balance and feel but still was missing some 4-6 foot putts I should not have been. Looked at the Tour X but only had in 35" so I asked to bring in a 34" that just came in. Will check out after work but my initial impression is alignment with these is sooo money. Also I'm hoping for improved speed control.
Will see!

Guess I really liked it! Time will tell. 🏌️‍♂️

Attachments

• IMG_8340.jpeg
    IMG_8340.jpeg
    190.6 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_8338.jpeg
    IMG_8338.jpeg
    88.8 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_8337.jpeg
    IMG_8337.jpeg
    77.4 KB · Views: 9
I stopped in a shop at lunch a few days ago just killing time, next thing I’m getting a SAM putting fitting and walk out with a Spider Tour X 3. He cut the Zenergy Pistol 1.0 grip off, I went with the slightly larger 2.0, and cut it down to 34”. Love how this feels and lines up.

IMG_8477.jpeg

IMG_8478.jpeg

Back