Naked Gun remake with Liam Neeson

I would argue that the direct to streaming movies are significantly better than what is coming out in theaters these days.
More original for sure. But would probably completely flop in theaters.

who is going to replace OJ Simpson, that's the real question. Because he was damn good as Nordberg

who is going to replace OJ Simpson, that's the real question. Because he was damn good as Nordberg
200.gif

no Frank I love you!

"No Frank, Heroin....heroin"
Frank whispers "um, you're gonna have to give me a few days for that one"

I would argue that the direct to streaming movies are significantly better than what is coming out in theaters these days.
I agree with this. Theater releases for the most part are really bad nowadays.

Nice Beaver!

I was thinking the exact same thing.....You know who i'd consider? Gronk? I mean he's done wrestling and been in a bunch of commercials. Plus he's kind of goofy....Couldn't you see him doing that opening boat scene?

It should be another football player just as an homage to the original

You'd need a black actor to play Ed in that case but that's no issue.

I was thinking the exact same thing.....You know who i'd consider? Gronk? I mean he's done wrestling and been in a bunch of commercials. Plus he's kind of goofy....Couldn't you see him doing that opening boat scene?

It should be another football player just as an homage to the original

You'd need a black actor to play Ed in that case but that's no issue.
I could see Gronk doing it. That's actually not a bad thought.

Thanks, I just had it stuffed.

"Frank, you're not gonna go undercover....you could wind up dead"
"you could wind up dead is my middle name"
"Yeah, well what about Jane?"
"I don't know her middle name"

Marshawn Lynch

The "dummy" Pricilla Presley part kills me every time

While I'm not sure we need a reboot of this look back at the roles Leslie Nielson played before Airplane. You wouldn't think he had any comedy chops with all the dramatic roles he had. He was stiff as a board in Forbidden Planet. So many roles on TV series that were not comical at all. While I am no fan of reboots underestimate Liam Neeson at your own peril because he will find you! :ROFLMAO:

Doc Brown GIF by Back to the Future Trilogy

I'd rather just watch the originals. I can't see Liam fitting this role at all. If they feel the need to do a remake, for whatever reason, I'd prefer someone like Eugene Levy.

Without the Zucker brothers, it is hard to get excited. They were the kings of slapstick. Airplane, Naked Gun, Hot Shots. Top Secret, etc. Banger after banger!

Without the Zucker brothers, it is hard to get excited. They were the kings of slapstick. Airplane, Naked Gun, Hot Shots. Top Secret, etc. Banger after banger!
crawl.gif

As long as Enrico Pallazzo makes an appearance. With that said, Nielsen is irreplaceable.

While i see no need for a remake..... i'd probably still watch it..... once it hits cable or streaming.... for free...
I'm hoping Liam Neeson has secretly been harboring some serious comedy chops all these years and just decided to turn them loose

Sorry, every time I walk through Penn Station or Grand Central in NYC on my way to work and hear the announcements "there is no running on the escalators..." I can't help but think of the time in 1980 or thereabouts I went to see the original "Airplane" with its immortal words "There is no parking in the white zone....the white zone is for loading and unloading only.....". As soon as I heard the argument between the announcements I knew the movie was going to be something special.

Look, no reason to remake "Magnificent Seven" or "Manchurian Candidate" or "D.O.A." or any one of a number of classic movies. But if the execs think it will make money (and they don't have anything original to offer) then they'll do it. I don't need to see a reboot of "Police Squad" (in color!) but actually think Liam might be OK in the role. The point (IMO) is to have someone who isn't associated with comedy deadpan the lines, like "Frank, get down to the club right away. Well, I don't know where Club Right Away is but....".

Not sure if Liam is the right guy but who knows, maybe he has a stupid goofy side.

Also, why can't we get new original ideas for movies

Typecasting is a real thing. Nobody can replace leslie nielsen.

Not sure if Liam is the right guy but who knows, maybe he has a stupid goofy side.

Also, why can't we get new original ideas for movies

Back