what's the last thing you lost at the course?

chile

Working with Mercury
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
i had a double whammy this past week. range finder on friday. 60* wedge on sunnday. haven't lost/misplaced anything in years.

on a positive note, they wound up having my range finder at the pro shop. the wedge? nope. but why? who wants an LH wedge? i mean besides another south paw...

My sanity?

Actually it was a pair of sunglasses. I've been lucky that I haven't lost in a club in quite awhile.

a nice fleece vest -- left it in the basket/trunk behind the seats in a golf cart.. called the pro shop in less than a hour -- never found it.. one of the cart cleaning guys now has it I bet.

Club Glove Caddie Towel a few months ago. I got caught in a downpour, draped the towel over my bag while I double-timed it back to the clubhouse. When I got there, the towel was gone. Gust of wind must have snatched it away while I was speed-walking and I didn't notice.

Seems trivial but those things are like 20 bucks to replace. Bet I've lost at least four of them over the last decade or two.

My pride lol.

I think the last thing I lose was a nice packable rain jacket. Still annoyed I lost it years ago!

My driver headcover on a Friday night 9 hole round. Checked the lost and found on saturday morning and nothing!

My rangefinder. Third and final time I’ll be doing that.

rangefinder for me. Left it on a golf cart

I got wrapped up in shooting content and left my putter in a random spot on Hole 14 at Briggs Ranch. Luckily I found it.

RX sunglasses. But thankfully they were turned in to the pro shop!

Though I suspect that the only reason they were returned is because they’re RX.

When I went back to the golf course to look for them, I asked at the pro shop, and they said “yes, we have a pair that were turned in!” And then made a comment on how the guy who dropped them off said something about how the owner would probably like them back because they’re prescription lenses. Which to me implies that they tied them on. I mean, why try on someone else’s sunglasses unless you’re considering keeping them?

At least I got them back.

I hardly ever lose anything at the course but about 3 weeks ago I lost my sunglasses. 2 days later I lost a personalized Bandon Dunes ball marker. My wife isn't buying that I need another trip to Bandon to get a replacement...

Ball marker

Knock on wood, but I can't think of anything recently. I've lost some nice repair tools over the years. Of course, the old school basic, rubber coated one I've had for 30 years never gets lost. Only the nice $20 ones my wife buys me for Christmas every couple of years. Those last like two months.

Knock on wood, but I can't think of anything recently. I've lost some nice repair tools over the years. Of course, the old school basic, rubber coated one I've had for 30 years never gets lost. Only the nice $20 ones my wife buys me for Christmas every couple of years. Those last like two months.

Yup, the last thing I lost was a nikon rangefinder that my wife bought me for Xmas 😕

Nothing really important that I can think of. I lost my "BIG DOG" head cover a few decades ago. I'm sure the group behind me picked it up, and decided to keep it.

I know lots of folks leave a lot of clubs on the greens. I've turned in quite a few over the years.

I also may have lost some of my sanity a long the way. I've made some not real smart golf decisions during my golf journey.

I've always make it a point to start packing my gear back into my bag during the last couple of holes. When I turn the cart in, all I have to do grab my bag and go.

Glove, before that a towel

Items I have lost are a pair of Smith sunglasses, and a Kirkland wedge. I figured out the wedge five holes later. I instantly went back and ran into the only group behind me. Before I could even finish asking "hey have you guys," they interjected "NO, we haven't found anything" . I know for a fact the POS had it but it wasn't worth the conflict.
That was at a public course.
Since I have joined a country club I have left a wedge, shoes, pull overs, Bushnell speaker/rangefinder, head covers, wallet etc. Every single one has been returned from the cart attendants or people on the course. Its sad the standard of honesty seems to cost more money, and some people on public courses have no moral integrity.
I know its completely anecdotal but thats my experience.

last thing lost, but found was a 58* wedge, left of course on the side of a green.

lost, but never found- range finder.

My H4. I guess I knocked it off the belt clip. It was several days later but, luckily, it was turned into the shop.

I lost a 3W head cover about a year ago, so its been a while.

I did find one of these things yesterday, in the fairway right off the cart path. Was hard to miss. Turned it in to the cart guys at the turn.
1714055823140.png

Last edited:
Left my new Callaway range finder from the Grandaddy at the course, luckily when I called a few days later they had it and put my name on it.

Rangefinder(s) - I think that is really the only thing I have ever lost at a course.

My swing?

I lost a clip on phone holder. First time using it, which is why I forgot it!

Hope.

Back