Aretera Alpha One Shafts Review

I enjoyed reading the review. Like others, when I think I understand a shaft concept, I realize I don’t.

A 55-3 might be fun to play around with but it is way beyond the budget, even if it was a great fit for me. I know I do generally well with traditional blue profiles from other brands. Not sure how this fits with those.

Definitely some familiarity with the graphics like you say, old habits die hard?
Maybe it was intentional? Not sure but I would have liked to see different

Maybe to help with the visual cues for potential converters that aren't familiar with who designed it, either way, unless it's an accessible shaft to try or be fit for its a hard ask at that price point to take a guess if it works.

Its simple and it fits the trends out there with a lot of the shafts and where they put graphics, not just Ventus. The thing is, you go too exotic and then its called busy by people, and only the Whiteboard can really get away with being simple and matte, though even it has its flowerband in the same section of the shaft that the Ventus and Aretera have their graphics.

Its simple and it fits the trends out there with a lot of the shafts and where they put graphics, not just Ventus. The thing is, you go too exotic and then its called busy by people, and only the Whiteboard can really get away with being simple and matte, though even it has its flowerband in the same section of the shaft that the Ventus and Aretera have their graphics.
I get that its just too similar to my design brain. Like I said maybe it was intentional. I'm not suggesting it should be exotic or wild just different than Ventus haha

Nice write up James. Seems like a great shaft. Should gain traction in market.

I definitely don't mind the graphics like a lot of people will, but I kind of can't stand the Alpha One name. Wasn't a fan the first time I saw and heard it, and still aren't.

Nice article. Don't mind the look, but don't "love" the look either. Regardless, price is too rich for my game, so doesn't matter. :cool: Wish them the best though, I enjoyed the Off Course show with them.

I definitely don't mind the graphics like a lot of people will, but I kind of can't stand the Alpha One name. Wasn't a fan the first time I saw and heard it, and still aren't.
Just because? Or is there scar tissue somewhere? I really am curious.

Appreciate you taking the time to read the article!

I get that its just too similar to my design brain. Like I said maybe it was intentional. I'm not suggesting it should be exotic or wild just different than Ventus haha
I get it, for reals.

I will say, the feel, is definitely nooooooooooot similar. Hahaha

My only complaint is that it is white/pearl. White driver shafts are not my fav.. It can be overlooked easy enough. Just not my preference.

I have been waiting for this to drop as soon as I heard you were getting them in for review. Great article @Jman, I agree with the others who have already mentioned it but the first time I saw them I immediately thought Ventus. Any chance one of them goes in the Darkspeed for a trial or will they help promote the Smoke to the top spot in the bag?

I have been waiting for this to drop as soon as I heard you were getting them in for review. Great article @Jman, I agree with the others who have already mentioned it but the first time I saw them I immediately thought Ventus. Any chance one of them goes in the Darkspeed for a trial or will they help promote the Smoke to the top spot in the bag?
I think you would REALLY enjoy these. There's a lot of what you tend to like, but I will defend it is the feel and flow that is just impeccable. Its not loose, but it flows.

I'm going to put the Grey into the 9.0 DS LS I think, but that tinker will likely wait a while as I'm working with some other stuff for reviews and Experiences coming up. That said, the Aretera are 100% getting a look at making the bag.

I spend way too much time reading shaft reviews and articles. So thanks for that James and the rest of the staff and members who do shaft reviews.

What I have found - and it makes me both happy and sad, is that most (maybe all?) expensive shafts are not really made to address old fart slow swingers like my bad self. That said, I have 4 yes 4 different LINQ shafts in the garage and I will be playing a SIM round today if lucky wiht the LINQ Blue.

The above in no way meant to be a thread jack - rather the result of multiple driver fittings - so to James (and/or anyone else) did I just have bad fitters or are they correct - that most/all of the high end expensive shafts won't help the golfer that I described.

If this a threadjack - then I am guilty - but it's not intended to be. As always the review is well done from photos to experience to the BLUF - bottom line up front - I really like seeing that.

Just because? Or is there scar tissue somewhere? I really am curious.

Appreciate you taking the time to read the article!
Just with the social trends of all that alpha beta etc crap. I want no part of encouraging it or having to say I play an Alpha One. So call it personal I guess but I didn't create the current associations.

Just with the social trends of all that alpha beta etc crap. I want no part of encouraging it or having to say I play an Alpha One. So call it personal I guess but I didn't create the current associations.
Hmm, fair. I’d just call it Aretera then. 🤣

I’ll also add, I believe we are one of two reviews of these out right now, pretty darn cool!

Great write-up @Jman! I absolutely love the way these look, but am definitely more in the Ventus Red profile. Hope they release something along that vein at some point.

Great write-up @Jman! I absolutely love the way these look, but am definitely more in the Ventus Red profile. Hope they release something along that vein at some point.
Thank ya!

I’ve got a feeling this is just the beginning for them.

I’ll also add, I believe we are one of two reviews of these out right now, pretty darn cool!
Seriously? Thats pretty cool

Seriously? Thats pretty cool
Right? Pretty wild.

Should be seeing a lot more of them out and about very soon, but it’s awesome that THP were among the first with them in hand.

Great stuff here! Based on what I’m reading, I’d love to try the blue 55-3 and 4 and 65-4. I think the graphics and overall design look great.

That is really cool

Man, I know it's not about the looks (which was also said in the article) but I LOVE how they look. I would take that color/look all day!

Back