Search results for query: *

1. Tywithay

Melin Hats - Reviews?

I usually wear a Callaway Liquid Metal hat that's extremely light and soft. The Melins feeling heavy is probably because I'm used to the ultralight material.
  2. Tywithay

High Handicaps and Birdies: Your Reaction

I think the courses can skew stats for some people as well. The course I usually play is 6800 yards from the whites. It doesn't bother me, but some of my high cap friends typically shoot much higher because they can barely reach some of the par 4s in two. Another local course is 5800 from the...
  3. Tywithay

best single season of a TV show

1883 might be my favorite. GOT season 6 is up there for sure.
  4. Tywithay

Best Approach Angle

I'm just as likely to miss in any direction, but I like that red arrow far more.
  5. Tywithay

Travis Mathew/Maker's Mark Collaboration -Ringer 2

I like the look if it was $120
  6. Tywithay

Melin Hats - Reviews?

You're paying mostly for materials. They're heavy duty and waterproof. Should last forever. That said, they're not particularly comfortable to me. Makes my forehead sweat like crazy and the material is pretty stiff and heavy. I have a few, but usually only wear one if it's raining.
  7. Tywithay

Poll: One inseam to rule them all.

10 or I'd even go 11.
  8. Tywithay

What did you shoot today?

Nice round! Get those out of your system before September. Signed - Team Walker
  9. Tywithay

I'm a 17.4 and average 28% GIR. So, on an average round I could have 4 looks at a birdie, a good round might be 6 or 7. It'll probably be a 50ft putt, but sometimes I hit a good one and have a decent chance. Most rounds I get no birdies just because of proximity, but I always have opportunities...
  10. Tywithay

Just out of curiosity, do you know your GIR percentage?
  11. Tywithay

I'm a 17hdcp and I can reach 550yd par 5s in two. Rarely happens because it requires two good straight shots in a row, but I possess the ability. Most of my good scores come from driving close to the green on a par 4, or being close in two on par 5s. High cap doesn't necessarily mean short...
  12. Tywithay

This is usually where I fail. I shot a 91 about 6 weeks ago or so. No birdies that particular round even though I had 7 GIR, because I had 42 putts 🤮. Played last Thursday and shot a 99 with 0 GIR and only 32 putts. All part of being a high handicap. Every round is an adventure.
  13. Tywithay

It's always possible. I'm a 17.4 and I've had multiple birdies in a round several times. I've also had multiple triples in that same round. I wouldn't think too much into it.
  14. Tywithay

SuperSpeed Sues The Stack System For False Advertising

Strange that they'd sue for that, but not sue Diamond Tour Golf for a direct knockoff that's far cheaper.
  15. Tywithay

Wedge Specific Grips

I saw a video about the new Ping wedges that mentioned they have slightly longer grips than standard. I immediately thought, "why don't all grip companies offer this?" I know several people, myself included, that choke down when you're chipping around the greens. I have been using the Lamkin ST...
  16. Tywithay

Choose 3: Best Beer

My favorite is standing by the grill beer, but golf beer and tailgate beer are pretty darn good.
  17. Tywithay

How Strong Is Your Grip?

Strong to quite-strong
  18. Tywithay

What did you shoot today?

First round in a month and shot 53/46 yesterday. It was the most frustrating ballstriking round I think I've ever had. 0 GIR...and that's not a typo. Even had a 321 yard drive on a 346 yard par 4 and missed the green long. On the flipside, I only had 32 putts. Even sank a 30' right to left putt...
  19. Tywithay

Finally broke 100

Congratulations! Culmination of hard work paying dividends.
Back