Search results for query: *

1. tahoebum

Do you wear sandals when you travel?

Certainly the norm for racers and any fishing boat is clean deck shoes but most boaters are not competitive sailers. For recreational boating, common etiquette is to remove your shoes or certainly ask before boarding and if shoes are allowed, carefully inspect before boarding. A shoe with a...
  2. tahoebum

Wilson Dynapower Forged Irons Review

I play the Srixon ZX MKii combo set in my signature. I’m expecting these DPF’s to offer a bit more distance and forgiveness especially with the shorter irons. Distance control and being able to flight the ball up or down is important and I’m hopeful theses will excel in those areas. With the...
  3. tahoebum

Back Issues and Golf

I have some structural issues in lower back, including mild scoliosis and was fighting back pain from golf a decade ago. I permanently changed my swing with a much larger hip turn on the backswing about seven years ago to take some pressure off of my back and it worked. I now rarely have any...
  4. tahoebum

Very strange. It’s the common etiquette. We were just on a sunset charter two days ago and they had basket for everyone to remove their shoes before boarding.
  5. tahoebum

Boating etiquette is to always remove you shoes before boarding unless it’s a fishing boat. Barefoot is the standard so if you own a boat your going to see a lot of bare feet. :)
  6. tahoebum

I’d never wear sandals or flip flops when traveling by plane but I see others doing it. I don’t generally drive a car with sandals or flip flops but when boating it’s barefoot or flip flops. I’m in flip flops or barefoot often enough that I almost never have the golfer tan lines on my ankles...
  7. tahoebum

What are you drinking?

We’ve downed a couple cases of those Kona Big Waves while on a Hawaii family vacation with our son, oldest daughter, and her finance this last week. We visited a tasty rum distillery yesterday as well. Heading home tomorrow but it’s been a fantastic week.
  8. tahoebum

Left dash ProV1X - anyone try or gonna try em?

One of my weekly playing partners who has ball speed of about 170mph buts spins it too much put the left dash into play last year and he picked up 10-15 yards of distance.
  9. tahoebum

The Official 2024 NFL Thread

I love to look at the draft grades but we really won’t know for another couple of years how this draft class will look. The big question now is who is this years Ivan Pace Jr. He went undrafted last year and made the Pro Football Focus all rookie team. They graded him for the season as the...
  10. tahoebum

Would this stop you from playing?

The same for me. I expect to have some rain and wind with temps in the low 50’s when we go to Scotland in May.
  11. tahoebum

My initial thought was to have the shorter irons bent a little weaker to match the lofts I’m used to but I’ll be ordering stock lofts because it’s better to test them like Wilson recommends so I can experience any odd gapping and adjust from there. I had to bend a couple of my ZX blended set...
  12. tahoebum

Thinking about a Tesla

Zero odd wear issues. I rarely rotate my tires and each set has worn perfectly evenly over 149,000 miles I’ve owned it. I’ve never replaced any suspension parts.
  13. tahoebum

Good stuff! Thanks for sharing all the details of your AI fitting. I just spoke with our local PGASS and am going in Monday for a fitting . I’ve already decided I’m going to order the 3 or 4 iron to fill in the gap between my 5 iron and my 4 wood.
  14. tahoebum

TESTERS Congrats! You are Testing Wilson Dynapower Forged

Wow, what a great surprise and honor to get the nod. I‘m on a family vacation until Sunday but I’ll be able to get in Monday or Tuesday to one of the four AI Fit centers in the Minneapolis area. I have a long history and soft spot for Wilson having gotten my start back at age 13 in 1978 with...
  15. tahoebum

Thinking about a Tesla

When you see them it’s hard I believe that a car manufacturer had the balls to build it.
  16. tahoebum

The Official 2024 NFL Thread

I’m looking forward to the draft more than usual as the Vikings will be drafting a QB with a high of pick as they ever have even if they stay at the 11 spot. We are in Hawaii on vacation with our two oldest children and my daughter’s fiancé so we already have our spot at the beachfront bar and...
  17. tahoebum

Thinking about a Tesla

Hard to remember exactly but when my wife was driving it mostly on the highway she got about 45k-50k. The past 6 years it’s been my daily driver and I get only about 32-35k out of them running all seasons and I run them hard. I’ve got 20” aftermarket wheels on it and have been running...
  18. tahoebum

Luggage - Soft sided or Hard Sided?

Soft sided and as others have said, 4 wheels is a must. My wife and I are frequent travelers(she has 2.5 million miles with Delta not including her 3 years as a flight attendant). and we’ve had great durability from TravelPro, Tumi, and Briggs & Riley.
  19. tahoebum

ANNOUNCEMENT Looking For Testers – Massive Bridgestone Testing

1. Mostly Tour B RX the last three years with a brief experiment with CSX LS over the winter. 2. I was a bit sceptical but I’ve read so many positive comment from THP users that I’m intrigued now that my golf season is in full swing. I’ll be trying them whether or not I‘m one of the lucky...
  20. tahoebum

Thinking about a Tesla

The S is rather spartan for sure but the acceleration still puts a smile on my face each time I drive it. It’s mostly for short trips as almost everything is within 15 miles from home. For longer trips we take my wife’s Range Rover which also has the massage seats like your BMW. :)
Back