Search results for query: *

1. O

New Hybrid Shaft - need some advice

I bought a Razr X Tour 2 Hybrid with a stiff shaft. I've been using it, but my SS is not high enough. I use reg shaft in every other club. My 3H uses the standard 65g Reg flex. I wanted to change the shaft out but I'm not sure what to get. I'd like to not spend a lot of money on it and also...
  2. O

App or device used to measure your drives

So, what is everyone using to measure your drives?
  3. O

Homemade Scorecards?

After my issues with the Callaway Upro not allowing me to enter scores during a round and my phone battery life is atrocious(Evo 4G), I've been contemplating using a paper scorecard. I can probably make on in excel. The ones on the course don't have room to track putts, FW and GIR, etc, so do...
  4. O

Hitting it straight vs Baby draw/fade

I had my 2nd lesson last night and the pro had me try to draw the ball a little bit with each shot. We worked on hybrids, woods and driver. After the lesson we were discussing this and he said that if you can consistently hit a draw/fade, you can in essence not have to worry about the hazards...
  5. O

3 Hybrid vs 4 iron

I have the razr x 3H and razr x 4iron. I haven't really compared distances recently though and since I have 15 clubs, I need to remove a club. It's either one of these two, or the 2H or 59 degree wedge(which I am hitting like crap) 3H is 21 degrees vs 4i 22 degrees. Length of club is 1.75"...
  6. O

Golf course in Sarasota, FL

Good Morning. I will be in Sarasota for a week, starting Jun30. I would love recommendations for a few courses to play at. Preferably not too expensive. I'm a high handicap and just want to get out and enjoy some golf. Thank you.
  7. O

Hybrids around the greens?

On another thread someone mentioned that they use their hybrid around the greens. Can someone please explain in what situations you would do this and why? Thank you.
  8. O

Which stand bag?

I'm looking to possibly purchase a stand bag. I'm looking for one with good straps and lightweight. It should also be able to fit in either a push cart or golf cart should the need arise. I've seen the Callaway Hyper-Lite 4.0 for $69.99. Has anyone used this before? What were your impressions...
  9. O

E5 2010 vs 2012

What is the difference besides the dual dimples, playability-wise?
  10. O

Taylormade Ghost Manta Belly Putter

OMG, what an amazing putter. I was looking for an Odyssey putter but didn't like what they had available in 41", so tried the Taylormade Ghost Manta Belly putter. The ball rolled so nicely and hit some really nice puts at the store. I ended up buying it and had my best putting for 9 holes. Made...
  11. O

[Solved] Cut down Razr Fit Driver shaft from 45.5 to 44.5 and having a problem

When you cut down the driver shaft on the Razr Fit 10.5 driver with the Aldila 60 R flex shaft by an inch do you need to do anything in order to swing it properly? I had this done the other day and when I went to the range last night, I hit the ball really really poorly. Now, before I just...
  12. O

Golf Ball Recomendation for 91 SS

Hi, My SS is 91, Ball speed is 132, Launch angle around 17-18 degrees with my driver. I'm looking for a ball that I can compress and spins pretty well around the greens. I'd like to stay under $30 per dozen if possible. Thanks in advance.
  13. O

Question about Project X Flighted 5.5 for irons

I have the Callaway Razr X irons with their stock steel shafts. What differences would I see if I changed to Project X 5.5? My driver SS is around 88-90.
  14. O

Would like some opinions

I did a swing evaluation at Golftec a few weeks ago. It came with a free club fitting. When I did the evaluation, they offered some lesson packages, but I really didn't/couldn't spend $1100 - $1500. I called to schedule it and it seems that they can only fit me for Irons or driver/woods. They...
  15. O

Rules question

Please be kind with answers, I am a newbie. So, a buddy and I are playing yesterday(stroke play). I mishit the ball off the tea. It rolls 30 yards and goes into the water. What are my options here? Drop behind where it went in and hit 3? Can I re-tee and hit 3 or would that be hitting 2?
  16. O

Question about wedges

My set has a PW(44), SW(54) and I bought a used 50 and 58 wedge. Is that spread fine to cover my short game, or is there some other combos that you would suggest?
  17. O

One plane swing

So, during my swing evaluation, the instructor told me that I have a two plane swing. The PGA pro that he compared it against had a one plane swing. Would changing to a one plane swing help me to be more consistent as far as ball striking? I was reading a book on the one plane swing and it...
  18. O

Bushnell Medalist or Tour V2 Patriot Edition or.....

So, I've been thinking of getting a laser rangefinder. I've looked at amazon and ebay and my options right now are Bushnell Medalist - $190 shipped, 2 day shipping. Bushnell Tour V2 - Patriot pack - $269.99 - This also includes a Blue Skinz cover, cart mount, extra cr2 battery and towel...
  19. O

USGA Handicap

I'd like to obtain a USGA handicap to play tournaments down the road. What's the best way to do this? I'm in Miami FL and not sure of how to proceed. Thanks in advance.
  20. O

Greetings from Sunny Miami, FL

Hello everyone. Never really played golf seriously, but did play a little about 12 years ago. Starting to get back into the game and looking to improve.
Back