Search results for query: *

1. sherwoodnatl

Moving Driver Shafts

Hello all I was wondering if you could tell me if I could move the shaft in my driver to another driver. I plan on buying a Titleist 910 D3 and want to move the Blue Board in it. Will I have to fork over the 300 for a new one, or can I move it?
  2. sherwoodnatl

Fat Shot Help

I have been hitting fat shots recently where i hit the ground about an inch or so behind the ball. I lose about 15 yards It doesnt happen every shot, but enough to where it is costing me a few strokes. I make an effort to follow through on every shot, so I think my weight shift is ok. And...
  3. sherwoodnatl

Steep Swing. NEED HELP!

Hello All Got a question for you guys. First off, im not tall at all (5 foot 7) but for some reason I have developed this steep swing plane. at 9 o' clock (face on) my club is inline but can be a bit in front of my hands. Usually for me, it is just behind them. At about 3/4 thru the swing (DTL...
  4. sherwoodnatl

HELP! Steep Swing

Hello Andy Got a question for ya. First off, im not tall at all (5 foot 7) but for some reason I have developed this steep swing plane. at 9 o' clock (face on) my club is inline but can be a bit in front of my hands. Usually for me, it is just behind them. At about 3/4 thru the swing (DTL now)...
  5. sherwoodnatl

Bent steel shaft

Played today early in the morning. I was in a lie behind a tree. Had a clear opening for a perfect 8 iron shot into the green. I swung and my club clipped the tree and bent the steel shaft of the club. It was bent slightly to the side, so at adress, i had to move the ball about 1/4 inch back to...
  6. sherwoodnatl

Head Position throughout the swing

Alright, this might be a tad lengthy, but not too long...just a warning I was wondering...is it necessary to keep the head still from the beginning of the backswing until impact. My grip is between weak and neutral, i have pretty good hip rotation and follow through. With my swing, i have...
  7. sherwoodnatl

Hip Rotation

A question about the golfswing. Ive had some trouble lately with rotating my hips to fast on the downswing which causes my shots generally push to the right It happens with all clubs except wedges and putting. I was wondering what would be a drill toget the correct hip rotation (or just...
  8. sherwoodnatl

Rotating Hips to Fast

Hey THP. Just a question about the swing. Ive had some trouble lately rotating my hips to fast on the downswing and this makes my shots generally push to the right It happens with all clubs but my wedges and putter of course. I was wondering what would be a drill toget the correct hip...
  9. sherwoodnatl

Accuracy or Distance

General thought Would you trade 15-25 yards of distance for 2-4 (say 3) more fairways per round?
  10. sherwoodnatl

Shaft Flex questions

I adopted a new driver swing recently. There is much less upper body movement on the backswing and it has prooved much more consistent. I went from hitting 6-8 fairways to 10-11 per round which is fantastic. However, i am concerned about distance. I went from 260ish to around 240...to me that...
  11. sherwoodnatl

Re-Gripping

Alright, heres the situation I got a Nike Dymo 3 Wood this past year (November 09) and i flat out LOVE the thing...but the bad thing is the grip is a piece to say the least. Havent really used it until Saturday and Sunday. After playing, i concluded that i Absolutely HATE the grip. It took 3...
  12. sherwoodnatl

Callaway Tour i(s) and Tour i(z) review

Been eager to test these balls since i heard about there release. I tested these at a course this time...no launch monitors. Anyone who saw the last review knows that i was fairly critical of the Tour i and Tour ix. I got a couple of them to test too b/cuz i got them a box at 20 bucks apiece...
  13. sherwoodnatl

2010 Callaway Tour i(s) and i(z) Golf balls

Has anyone tried out the Tour i(s) and Tour i(z) golf balls from Callaway...i am very eager to try them. I wasnt a huge fan of the Tour ix's and i's but am still interested in the new models. If anybody and tested them, feedback is appreciated
  14. sherwoodnatl

Nike ONE Tour D

Ive been wondering if anyone has played this ball...I made a thread about my golf ball fitting and review and hit the ONE Tour but never got the chance to hit the tour D. How does it play? Fair amount of spin? Distance? Feel? Comparisions? Any help is appreciated
  15. sherwoodnatl

5 Wood?

As you can see i have 13 clubs in the bag. The gaps in my wedges are fine (short game is my strongest part and i am totally comfortable with 1/2 swings etc.) Has anyone had a Driver, 3 wood, 5 wood set? Was the 5 wood useful at all? Or should i leave it at 13 clubs?
  16. sherwoodnatl

Golf Ball Selection REVIEW

Since people cant seem to keep their opinions to themselves and would rather lock up someone elses thread than keep quite and stay on topic, ill make a new thread with my range review of the balls i played today I tried premium balls and balls around 30 bucks Premium – Bridgestone B330...
  17. sherwoodnatl

Golf Ball Selection

Hello, i have never been proffessionally fitted for a golf ball but would be interested in finding one that i like. My SS is about 100 mph and i hit a driver about 260 In a golf ball my biggest wants are- feel off irons, a fair amount of spin around the greens (just check up, not spin back 5 ft)...
Back