Search results for query: *

1. TheWoo

DOW tumbles 1000 points on opening

Only down 885 now. Ouch. As a Foundation CEO who has a call with his investment advisory committee this morning, the timing is great. :bulgy-eyes:
  2. TheWoo

Mental short, mid, and long irons

Where is your mental break in short, mid, and long irons? In other words, what is the longest iron you hold in your hand and have that confidence in getting the ball where you want it? And when does an iron feel "long" to you? For me, 8 iron and below feels "short"...when I pull the 8 as...
  3. TheWoo

SCOR shaft help

I'm going to be calling the guys at SCOR tomorrow to order wedges. Really looking forward to it. Just wondering if anyone has thoughts on the shaft selection - I'm planning to go with the Genius 12 but am torn between Firm and Firm+. I've been playing Dynamic Gold X100s, but in the Callaway...
  4. TheWoo

League/tournament formats

So, this thread may exist somewhere but I searched and couldn't find it. I'm looking for good ideas on fun league and/or mini-tournament formats among members. Both season-long leagues, and then miniature events that could be played within an existing group, but that isn't the purpose for that...
  5. TheWoo

Clearwater Beach area suggestions

I'm headed to Clearwater Beach in about a month for a family wedding. I'll have 3 days to play, and would like to see some great Tampa area courses, but also have to be distance-sensitive at least one day. The four courses I've been recommended so far are: Bardmoor Bayou Club Fox Hollow TPC...
  6. TheWoo

Quit mid round

First time I've just quit in the middle of a round in a long time. Just had no idea what I was doing, and realized in the middle of my eighth hole that I was having no fun at all. I think the golf gods have reminded me both yesterday and today that I had more important things to do than play...
  7. TheWoo

Fort Collins Golf

Curious about golf in the Fort Collins, CO area. We are considering a move to the area and I am trying to learn as much as possible about the golf options - and specifically club options - in the area. Any help is much appreciated! Skipped off the pond using Tapatalk 2
  8. TheWoo

All-Time Go-To Club No Longer in Bag

If you think back through your entire career, what club is no longer in your bag that you'd take back in a second if you could? For me, there's not even a hesitation: my Ping Zing sand wedge. I could hit that thing for ANY shot inside 115. I had no idea how good it was. Pitches, run-out chips...
Back