Search results for query: *

1. C

WTS Ping i15 8* Axiv Red Stiff and TM Superfast TP 9.5* Fubuki 73S drivers

Selling a couple of the longest bombers on the market right now. Wife found the stash so time to sell out. Both are in excellent 9.5/10 shape, just very light brushing on soles which doesn't show in normal light. Ping is an 8* with Axivcore Red 69 Stiff shaft. Club has been butt trimmed to...
  2. C

WTS - Misc Headcovers and TEE CB2 13* 3 wood

Selling headcovers, all in good shape (Prices Paypal'd and shipped to CONUS): Adams Idea Pro Gold Rocket Tour SOLD Callaway FTi $11 Adams Speedline 9032ls $11 Cobra L5V $11 Odyssey Mallet $10
  3. C

Anyone play a short driver?

Built a club for a coworker's kid this weekend, 40.25" with R7 head using an A flex shaft. Hit it yesterday to make sure everything cured ok and was pretty happy with how easy it was to hit, as well as the length I could get out of it. Basically, 3i length and hit it as far as my 5wd, give or...
  4. C

WTS/WTT Mizuno MP-52 2i-PW Project X 5.5

Selling a set of MP-52s with Project X 5.5 shafts. Standard lie and length. Comes with a custom 2i from Mizuno. As you may know, Mizuno didn't actually make a 2i with this set, it's a 3i bent to 2i loft and +.5" length. I bought these this spring from original owner, who purchased in summer...
  5. C

Anyone tried the new Harrison Eclipse shaft?

I'm a big fan of the Harrison Saga I put in my 9015d. I know they're not as big a name as many of the other shaft manufacturers, but I really like the feel, trajectory, and low spin of this combo. I just received a catalog that had the Eclipse listed, it's basically a version update of the...
  6. C

Hit the MP-630 today

Finally stopped raining and the sun came out, so I headed to the range to work on my swing a bit. Nice little local shop with Bridgestone, Mizuno, Scratch, and TEE in addition to the usual Ping/Taylormade/Cobra assortment. Nice guys, always happy to talk equipment and let you demo something...
  7. C

Interesting poor man's fairway wood shootout..

I enjoy buying cheaper used equipment, rather then newer clubs. I have four three woods currently that I've been trying out, I had three in the bag yesterday as I was out for a "practice" round in very wet conditions. '07 Burner with Prolaunch Red 75S, Ping Rapture w VS Proto 80S, Tour Edge...
  8. C

Any experience with JavlnFx M series in driver?

Just browsing the recent Golfworks catalog, and the Javlnfx by Mitsubishi caught my eye as a pretty decent shaft with specs that match what I'm looking for, for a decent price. I've only seen them in Adams Hybrids, I like their feel in that configuration but obviously it's not the driver shaft...
  9. C

Any harm hitting low compression balls with higher swing speed?

I started golfing seriously in '09 and now that I've learned more about the game, I'm trying to finalize my equipment. Last year I basically just went for low spin, cheap, distance type balls. I really had no clue about compression or my swing speed. I settled on the Srixon AD333, which is by...
  10. C

Hitting irons very high, not sure if it's a swing issue

I've seen many references to "hitting down" on irons, and taking a divot after the ball. The better players that I've played with seem to do this, they get a definite "thump" at impact and seem to have their hands in front of the clubhead. Their ball starts low, climbs, then drops. I...
  11. C

Questions on i-Mix shaft setup

I did several searches trying to find info on i-Mix shafts, if this has already been covered please let me know. I've been doing a bit of club building, messing around with drivers mostly. I see that Rockbottom is having a pretty good sale on iMix heads and shafts, which I'm interested in...
  12. C

Questions on driver fitting...

I started playing golf seriously April of this year, having played around 2 rounds per year prior to this. Basically, I grabbed a Callaway X460 9* off the used club rack so I had a decent driver this year, but never really had a swing that let me hit driver. Recently I've been working on my...
  13. C

Thinking through Driver combo

I started playing golf seriously April of this year, having played around 2 rounds per year prior to this. Basically, I grabbed a Callaway X460 9* off the used club rack so I had a decent driver this year, but never really had a swing that let me hit driver. Recently I've been working on my...
Back