Search results for query: *

1. TheBotto

Question for those who work at golf retailers

First off I apologize if this isn't the correct place for this thread. I was at Golftown today trying out the SLDR and the Bertha. I hit about 10 shots with each, I hit the SLDR 430 with the TP shaft the best. I had the highest swing speed and felt like I was making the best contact. I couldn't...
  2. TheBotto

Places to eat around Scottsdale AZ.

Hi all, I'll be in and around the Scottsdale area all next week for an annual golf trip and wondering if anyone has some recommendations on places to eat. After living in Salt Lake City for a few years I got hooked on Mexican food. Unfortunately up here north of the border we don't have a whole...
  3. TheBotto

FS: Nike VR Pro Combo 3-PW KBS Tour S

As the title says, I'm selling my Nike VR Pro Combo 3-PW irons with KBS Tour S. These are a great forged, players, progressive iron set. Pocket cavity 3/4 irons, split cavity 5/6/7 irons, and MB 8/9/PW. I gamed them for the 2013 season and wasn't able to play as many rounds as I have for the...
  4. TheBotto

Tipping a caddie?

I'll be playing TPC Scottsdale in February during a golf trip to Arizona and will be playing with a professional caddy for the first time. Of course a better caddy would get tipped better than worse ones but what have you guys that have had caddies usually tip? Thanks in advance!
  5. TheBotto

Teaching two new golfers

My girlfriend's parents asked me to help them become better golfers. Her Dad has played a round or two a year for the past several years and shoots around 110 and her mom has maybe played a round or two. For the mom I'm going to start with making consistent contact taking by starting with a...
  6. TheBotto

UST Mamiya Elements Shafts

I went in for my driver fitting on Saturday at Modern Golf, just outside of Toronto, Ontario and I can honestly say I learned more about the golf swing in two hours than I have in the past several years playing! after trying atleast a dozen shafts I kept finding myself going back to the Oban...
  7. TheBotto

FS: New Bridgestone J40 445 Driver

I won this in a competition and it just isn't the right fit for me. 10.5 degree head with a Project X 5.0 shaft and comes with the headcover. I have hit maybe a dozen balls with it, when i went in to have it fitted and I ended up being fitted for a 6.75 degree Titleist. $250 obo [/URL][/IMG]
  8. TheBotto

Weekend Pin Placements

With everyone talking about pace of play I'm hearing more and more people that don't want to go play on the weekends because of how slow it is. A few weeks ago I was playing a pretty nice course in my area on a Sunday and it was backed up (5 hour round). My playing partner mentioned that all...
  9. TheBotto

First Driver Fitting

I won a new Bridgstone J40 in a long drive contest yesterday and it has the PX 5.0 shaft in it which is a little too whippy for me. I scheduled my fitting to go in and actually get fit for the "perfect" shaft. My question is, I called the shop that is doing it and the don't have a J40 head to...
  10. TheBotto

Playing Five Wedges?

I played on Saturday with a buddy of mine who is a 3 handicap. He only drives the ball 225 but is a wizard around the green whether it's full shots or partial shots. My short game helps my hc out but I hit my wedges too far! A full swing with my 60* is 105 and my 56* plays 125. I'm thinking...
  11. TheBotto

Organizing Golf Tournament

Hey all, I'm organizing a charity golf tournament in september for the company I work for (Jensen Tire). I have already had offers on sponsorships for prizes etc. so that won't be too difficult. My question is: Has anyone ever organized one of these? It will be for the Cancer Society, so I...
  12. TheBotto

Whistling Straits vs. Bethpage

My old man will be coming back over this side of the Atlantic come June and we are talking about going for a weekend roadtrip to add another epic course onto our resumes. So far I'm looking at Whistling Straits and Bethpage. Has anyone played both or have any other recommendations? I want to...
  13. TheBotto

Grafalloy BooYah

I found a great deal on a Grafalloy Booyah shaft for my driver, and by great deal I mean free. I'm wondering if because it's an "ultra-light" Shaft should I be going up to an x flex instead of the s that my Diamana Kai'li is now? 105-107 mph SS. Does anyone have any experience with this shaft? I...
  14. TheBotto

Replacing Iron Shafts

I'm currently playing DG S300 in my Nike VR Pro Combos and want to get a much higher trajectory in all of my irons (and PW). I've hit the Project X Flighted in a Taylormade MC TP 6i and saw a beautiful trajectory, the tightest dispersion I have ever seen and loved the feel. The only thing I'm...
  15. TheBotto

Seemore hot-list ripped-off?

I was reading the Golf Digest Hot List for 2013 and saw that Seemore finally has some representation on their and I get that advertising dollars does mean a lot when they are putting that list together. The m9 received a silver and the "con" they listed was that if it doesn't say Louis Vitton it...
  16. TheBotto

Dubai/Abu Dhabi

I'm off to Dubai and Abu Dhabi for two weeks of golfing... Has anyone here played out that way? Any reccomendations as far as courses go? I have three days that I have left open to book while I'm over there.
  17. TheBotto

Hybrid Opinions

I'm looking at replacing my 3i with a hybrid and I'm looking for some insight towards what has worked for most people. I didn't mind the Titleist 910, I disliked the RBZ, I20, G20 but the Cleveland Mashie and everyone saying it's so easy to hit it's like cheating has me interested...
Back