Search results for query: *

1. darnall

New Issue Of Golf Digest...No Attempt At Subtlety.

We have been seeing it for awhile now... Golf Digest using "Fitness" as an excuse to apply the old "Sex Sells" theory... but for the most part they made a half ass attempt to disguise it as something else... until this month. One of the 4 cover stories....upper right of the front cover in bold...
  2. darnall

Strangest Hole Out Ever?

http://www.golfdigest.com/blogs/the-loop/2015/06/approach-shot-dents-cup-liner.html?mbid=nl_061215_daily_hitlist&CNDID=30740751&spMailingID=7822425&spUserID=MTAyNDExMDI3MzA1S0&spJobID=701614568&spReportId=NzAxNjE0NTY4S0 Anybody else see this?
  3. darnall

US Open Qualifier Question.

Just wondering...Seeing GC coverage of qualifier results made me wonder... how is it determined how many players qualify out of each qualifier...as GC was showing notables from each spot they were mentioning and saying 6 spots were available from this place, 12 spots from this place, etc etc...
  4. darnall

How Much Can Humidity Affect Yardages

I played a round with Daddio Saturday. Worst humidity I have seen so far this year. As bad as what I experienced in Florida in August after a rain shower last year. The air was so thick I think we could have rowed a boat in it. I hit several drives and approaches that felt flushed but came up...
  5. darnall

"The Kids Are Alright" Show On Fox Sports

Did anybody else happen to catch a show on FS1 last night called "The Kids Are Alright"? One hour long pre-US Open show focusing on the youth movement in both mens and womens pro golf. I thought it was pretty good. Saving it on my DVR for awhile because I may want to watch it again when I...
  6. darnall

FOR SALE: Cobra AMP Iron Set, RH

Loving my new Bio Cells enough that it's time to sell my Cobra AMP irons. Cobra AMP 5 iron thru Gap Wedge..right handed... stock Dynalite 90 Stiff Shafts, plus 1 inch...standard lie....would be willing to trim the shafts back to standard length and try to salvage the grips if requested. New...
  7. darnall

Oddball Stuff On LET Coverage Last Night

Couldn't sleep last night... golf channel had live Ladies Euro Tour coverage on...better than the infomercial for the new Hammer putter so I watched... I had only had it on for a minute when the 3rd approach shot to a green with lots of undulation hit, stopped, then slowly rolled backwards down...
  8. darnall

WTBl Looking for Cleveland or Cobra Gap Wedge...49-50 degree

looking for a killer deal on another gap wedge to compliment the Bio Cell+ irons I just put in the bag. I had good results with the set included Cobra AMP gap wedge I was playing, and I really like the old Cleveland 54 SW and new 58* RTX lob wedge I use. If anybody has anything nice and cheap...
  9. darnall

Just Finished My First Iron Set Build

Epoxy Dry, new grips still not on This is how I set them up to let the epoxy cure. I was really worried about the potential of the shafts moving a bit in the hosel but blocking them up like this seems to have held them in place nicely. I would occasionally put pressure on the shaft pushing...
  10. darnall

Just Finished My First Iron Set Build

Man I can not wait for the end of the day today. 30 minutes ago I installed the last shaft into the last head of my new to me iron set. Been playing Cobra Amp irons and was just ready for something fresher. I found a set of Bio Cell Plus heads on the bay, but they were priced too high. Made him...
  11. darnall

Wanted.. Reg Flex .355 iron shafts

Just got a great deal on a set of barely used Bio Cell + iron heads. Before I drop the coin on a new set of shafts I thought I would see if any THPers had a set to get rid of first. Need them to be regular flex, but could handle R+ or hard stepped regular flex. Need .355 tip size. Need them...
  12. darnall

Question About Pin Placement Location Guidelines

Played my home course Saturday after 2 week layoff. Realized pretty quickly that the person who had most recently relocated to holes was a sadistic S.O.B. Of 18 holes, at least 10 of them were in difficult to ridiculous locations. Once me and my partner got to the 16 green and I saw where the...
  13. darnall

Masters Hole 16 Skipping Contest

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZrzZnuWv-0 I found this video from yesterday when Rory skipped one across the pond and on the green. But do any of you guys know where to find the video they showed on 'Live From" last night...the one done by pro cameramen that actually allows you to see the...
  14. darnall

Lexi Thompson on Golf Digest

I'm sorry, but I really think GD missed the boat with this cover. The pic I attached is in the gallery of pics in this article. To me, this pic of Michelle Wie would have been a much better choice for the cover. In this pic it is clear that Michelle is extremely fit. Her attire is super classy...
  15. darnall

Cobra AMP versus AMP Cell VS BioCell irons..any major performance difference?

I am currently playing the Cobra AMP irons that I purchased late in 2012. I have been itching to replace them with something a little more current this season. I have replaced the long end of my bag over the last few months, I like the way the AMPs play for me, but just starting to itch for...
  16. darnall

Equipment Hoarders Anonymous

In the spirit of Freddies Internet Golfers Anonymous thread from last week, I bring you the official Equipment Hoarders Anonymous thread. My name is Dustin, and I am a golfball hoarder. And yesterday I realized exactly how big the problem has become. Decided to relocate a good chunk of my ball...
  17. darnall

E6 Balls Great Sale At Rockbottom Today

I get a daily sale email from Rockbottomgolf.com.. Today they have previous generation Bridgestone E6 balls on sale for $15.99/dozen when you buy 3 dozen or more... it is a 24 hour sale and I got the email at 10:30 am central standard time today. It is actually a 20% off sitewide plus free...
  18. darnall

How I Just Answered An Equip Survey From Golfchannel

Got an email from GC asking me to fill out an equipment survey. 60 some questions about what you play and what you would consider playing, how much you pay for stuff, how often you buy this or that, etc. Somebody will win a new driver and 10 people will win a dozen premium balls. After the...
  19. darnall

Great Online Deal On Srixon Zstar/Zstarxv balls

I get a daily newsletter email from 'In The Hole" Golf... today they are doing a killer deal on Srixon Zstar and Zstar XV balls... 3 dozen for 79 bucks with free shipping. Surely this is on the previous gen models and not the brand new version but I don't know for sure. Heres the link to the...
  20. darnall

Anybody Used A Medicus Clockworx Green Slope Indicator

Got an email today about a product by Medicus called the CLOCKWORX HOLE SLOPE INDICATOR. Looks basically like a level that you put in the hole and it shows you which direction and how severe any slope near the hole is, and possibly where the optimal aiming spot of the cup is. Obviously it could...
Back