Search results for query: *

1. Bomb_n_Gouge

Best handicap tracking system

First off I am sorry if I am duplicating something, I couldn't find the information I wanted off of a search of the forum so here goes. I want to start tracking my handicap online because I will not be playing in a league this year so I will no longer be able to hand in scorecards to the guy...
  2. Bomb_n_Gouge

What Golf Stuff Did You Buy Today?

My Titleist AP1's with Project X shafts just came in last night! Just need to get my shafts on the woods and I'll be ready for a early summer!
  3. Bomb_n_Gouge

New driver came in the mail yesterday, irons are done and being shipped to me, ordered my last piece yesterday, RBZ 3H. Now just need to put the right shafts on the right clubs an I'm ready to play! Anyone know where I can find a fujikura motore F1 hb80 x-stiff for a good price? Surprisingly...
  4. Bomb_n_Gouge

Look what came in the mail today!
  5. Bomb_n_Gouge

Question on iron heads

I am looking to buy a set of Titleist AP1 irons and the shafts I was fitted for seperatley and have them put together. I was quoted a price but it was very high so I am trying to safley peice it together. I found these from a reputable retailer for about half the cost and as I was reading I...
  6. Bomb_n_Gouge

SeaSideGolf.com Myrtle Beach Vacations

Has anyone ever used this site before the prices seem way too good to be true but I can't find anything about a scam or even a review that doesn't come from their website. Thanks!
  7. Bomb_n_Gouge

Madden 12

I thought that since we have a lot of people interested in football on here this should get it's own thread. Anyone else pick this up yesterday? I got it on PS3, doesn't seem too different from the old one but does seem faster. I only played one game online but if anyone is interested in a...
  8. Bomb_n_Gouge

Castle at the Bay Golf Course - Replica Holes

Just made a tee time for this weekend at this golf course, previous called Northern Bay, and it got me thinking. This course has 6 replica holes that are pretty accurate, I have played it a couple of times before. 2 from Augusta, the monster par 5 from Firestone, 18 at Bayhill and the grand...
  9. Bomb_n_Gouge

No more golf for this guy

Found out this morning I tore the cartilage in my wrist so they are putting a cast on me Monday. Don't know what I am going to do for the rest of the summer, maybe live vicariously through everyone on here. What really sucks is that I have been in pain for a little over a month and I just shot...
  10. Bomb_n_Gouge

Thank you TaylorMade!

I stopped by my local Golfsmith yesterday with a simple request, re-grip 6 clubs and fix the ferrule on my R9 7 iron. At first the guy there said that it was purely cosmetic and that it wouldn’t affect play. I insisted that it just be fixed for the mental aspect and as I was talking with him...
  11. Bomb_n_Gouge

Need help! Michigan golf

Kind of last minute but I am going to be around Jackson/Brooklyn, MI all day Friday with nothing to do. I don't know anything about golf in MI. PLEASE give me some advice on a good course to play, thanks! And if anyone wants to play let me know!
  12. Bomb_n_Gouge

Adjustable drivers, who are they for?

A recent post I read inspired me to attempt this discusion. The post talked about that fact that a lot of people think that an adjustable driver will fix their bad swing. With adjustbale dirvers pretty much dominating the market it's pretty easy to think that. It seems as though the marketing...
  13. Bomb_n_Gouge

Winn Lite Firm Grip Long Term Review

So a little back ground on this, I bought the Winn Lite Firm grips about a year ago after I was playing in 100* high humidity weather and the standard R9 grips were failing me. I wanted something that was going to feel a little tacky, something that was not going to slip in my hand. I had...
  14. Bomb_n_Gouge

Got my 2nd Eagle this weekend!

I played at University Ridge golf course in Madison, WI this weekend, it is the Badgers home course, and shot an 86 in a marathon round of 5.5hrs (slow playing outing in front of us). http://www.universityridge.com/ I got my second ever Eagle on the 546yrd par 5 2nd hole! Driver, 7iron...
  15. Bomb_n_Gouge

What to you play out of the sand?

I have been thinking recently of benching my R9 SW and going with a 60* Cleveland. I just don't like SW, I'm not comfortable with it, there is too much bounce, and it doesn't perform like I would like it to. I also would like a 60* for better flop shots so it seems like a win/win. I'm curious...
  16. Bomb_n_Gouge

Tiger Woods: My Swing iPhone App

So I found out through twitter that TW has come out with an iPhone app that is supposed to help analyze your swing. My first thought was "Is this the best time for Tiger to be giving people advice about their swing?" but I checked it out anyway. $9.99! That was a shocker! I heard about other...
  17. Bomb_n_Gouge

What would your car be if...

I got 2 tickets to the Chicago auto show at Christmas time from my girlfriend and took my dad this week. Cars are my second passion, clearly golf is my first, so I was in heaven at the auto show. There are some really interesting and cool cars coming out. We were walking between the last two...
  18. Bomb_n_Gouge

Golf trip advice - Torrey Pines or Trump National

I am going to be in Palm Desert at the beginning of March for a week golfing at Ironwood Country Club. We are trying to plan a trip out of the area to play a round and right now are discussing these two courses. Have any of our California Hackers played these courses? Which would you...
  19. Bomb_n_Gouge

Playing to the level of your competition

Does anyone else find themselves doing this? I was analyzing my golf league this year and when going back over each weeks scores I found that only 1 time had not followed this formula and shot a 38 against a mid 20's handicapper. We play in teams of two over nine holes after work and some of...
  20. Bomb_n_Gouge

Heading to Whistling Straights

I'm going to play at Whistling Straits next week and was wondering if anyone has been out there or played both the Irish and the Straights course. Everything on there website looks great but I'm wondering if there is anyone with experience that can let me know what to expect or any tips about...
Back