Search results for query: *

1. Sharkguy95

30-degree toe hang putter search

Hello everyone, I just got fit using SAM PuttLab and it suggested 30* of toe hang. I currently use a Ping Anser2 which is 45* (I believe) and I am looking to upgrade to a new putter with the correct toe hang. The other specifications aren't as important (loft, lie, length) because those can be...
  2. Sharkguy95

Mental Game

Of all of the things I feel like I struggle with most, its the mental part of golf. I've had days where my swing has been good but my head wasn't in it and I've played poorly. I've also had days where my swing has felt awful but my head was incredibly solid which translated to a good number...
  3. Sharkguy95

Swing changes working?

Been trying to fix an OTT move and scooping (early extension) at the bottom. I feel like im on the right track but I'd like another eye because sometimes it's hard to spot things in your https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABHU2GukQfE https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6YLkp8G_34...
  4. Sharkguy95

If it ain't broke don't fix it but...

I like shiny things and it's a problem. So much so that the majority of my time on the interwebs is me looking at golf equipment. The only thing I actually need is a new driver shaft but, that's not very exciting. Putters on the other hand are works of art. I was tempted over the summer to use...
  5. Sharkguy95

Leaky fade?

My swing is right where I want it; however, I have a leaky fade. Any attempt at a draw turns into a pull draw. Trying to have it start on target and fall left. Hands too high? Out in front? It's small, but sometimes it turns into a big miss. https://vimeo.com/176896349 Sent from my...
  6. Sharkguy95

What's your biggest obstacle?

Lately I've been analyzing my game for patterns that arise when I do not score well so I can try and focus my practice sessions better. To my surprise :banghead:the same theme that has plagued me for years is still the main culprit: the right miss (typically thin or poorly struck shots). No...
  7. Sharkguy95

Are you goal oriented?

I've been pondering this and it seems to go against what I've been taught growing up. That is, "One shot at a time. Don't get ahead of yourself. Be patient.." etc. Lately I've notice a huge spike in performance when I have a goal in my mind other than 'the next shot'. For instance today I was...
  8. Sharkguy95

What club are you most proud to own?

This isn't just about your favorite club in the bag to hit. This is about a special club in your bag or collection that stands out (you don't have to hit it well for it to be awesome). Maybe you have a cool story or reason for ownership. Maybe you built it yourself or you have a 1 of a kind...
  9. Sharkguy95

Putting Questionnaire

Putting, to me, is the most fascinating part of the game. Not everyone can hit a 300 yard drive, but everyone can make a 10ft putt. A few buddies of mine reminded me today that Tiger Woods said in an interview after the 1999 PGA Championship that he was thinking his "Grandma could make this" in...
  10. Sharkguy95

Kansas City Area Teaching Pro

Hi, Not sure if this is the right location for this post. I am near the KS area of Missouri. I am in a slump and I am looking for a teacher who could give me a different perspective and help me get out of it. I could always search for one blindly but if anyone has had good experiences or know's...
  11. Sharkguy95

Budget style

My father is big into the high tech fabrics and special clothes, but they are too expensive for me. I'm talking $100 Nike pants or $350 footjoy shoes. I love the classic looks of Jimmy Walker, Web Simpson, Justin Rose, Ernie Els, and other's but I am on a college budget. Since I am only one...
  12. Sharkguy95

Favorite Grass

What's your favorite grass to play on? I realize it might be difficult to answer if you haven't traveled much and had time to experience different types, but from your experience what grass makes you the most comfortable? Consider tee boxes, awkward lies, chipping, greens.. etc I've spent most...
  13. Sharkguy95

What's your most memorable golf shot?

Since this could go both ways, what was your most memorable golf shot, good or bad? It doesn't have to be a hole in one or a complete disaster. Just why it was so memorable. My most memorable 'shot' (putt) was my sophmore year of high school. I was just starting to get good at golf. It was our...
  14. Sharkguy95

Weight shift problems

Hi, I haven't posted on here in awhile, for reasons I am not sure of; however, I have a swing question for freddie and I think I know my problem. I have a good golf swing, I just need help on fine tuning. I've had severe back problems since January (recurring injury from a few years back) and...
  15. Sharkguy95

Impact Troubles

I have some issues at impact that cause me to hit very inconsistent shots. I'm having trouble rotating around my spine. I always lose my spine angle. I'm working on fixing that but the other half of it is falling back at impact. I am wondering if anyone knows some drills that can keep me from...
  16. Sharkguy95

Swing Tips

This is a 2iron punch that I practice a lot on the range. This was pretty well hit with a little draw. Any thoughts? I've always had a problem with keeping my head still on the way through and I find it hard to have a consistent miss. Lately if anything I hit it a little chunky but I'm getting...
  17. Sharkguy95

Shot shape constantly changing?

Hey I have an issue I think that is very common but I need to address it to get better. My shot shape changes constantly. I go through phases in my golf swing of over correcting and it causes me to have around a 2 - 3 week period of my desired shot shape (draw) before I lose it and hit a fade...
  18. Sharkguy95

Takeaway issues

Lately I've developed a problem that I didn't think was possible. I feel like Kevin Na over the ball! I literally cannot take the club back! It feels stuck at address. The only way I can take it back is after tons of shuffling, waggles, hovering the club, placing the club farther from the ball...
  19. Sharkguy95

Should I change grip size?

Hey guys I have a quick question about grip size. I have standard size grips and I am wondering if I should switch to mid size. When I grip the club it feels like I have to have a really shut and tight grip to 'get grip' of the club. Another thing, is that after impact I lose hold of the club a...
  20. Sharkguy95

Need some swing advice

Hey so I've started swinging again after about 2 months of taking off to think about my season and reflect mentally. Late last year I developed a nasty over the top move that has really halted my goal of becoming a scratch golfer. Some days it's negligable, other days it's so steep I struggle...
Back