Search results for query: *

1. cjroman

Driver fitting with unexpected results

Had a driver fitting yesterday and hit the Cobra Darkspeed X, Darkspeed LS, Aerojet, Titleist TSR2, TSR3, Srixon ZX5mkII LS and ZX7mkII...and the winner was a Cobra LTDx with the HRZDUS Smoke Blue. The two year old offering beat out the "current" stuff by 10 yards with better deviation on spin...
  2. cjroman

Next PGA event tied to a player?

Watching Jack in the booth at the Memorial got me thinking of who the next golfer will be to have a PGA event connected with them? Of course Jack is synonymous with the Memorial, Bay Hill is Arnie's tournament and we have the Byron Nelson...Will we have anymore events named after current players?
  3. cjroman

Sub70 699 vs PXG 0211

All things square and cost coming out almost the same, if you had your choice between the two, which set would you pick and why?
  4. cjroman

WTB Utility Iron-17 or 18 degree

Looking for a Utility Iron, 17 or 18 degree, graphite shaft, stiff flex. What do you have?
  5. cjroman

Cleveland Smart Sole wedges

I have been absolutely brutal at shots less than 100 yards lately. My set gap wedge (50) is my 100 yard club, with a 54 and 58 rounding out the bottom of the bag. Has anyone tried a "helper" wedge setup like the Smart Sole? If so, what are your thoughts? Seriously considering picking up a 50...
  6. cjroman

FootJoy Traditions

Was needing some new shoes and I picked these after trying on several different brands/models at my local DSG. I need a mix of stability and comfort, as about 1/3 of my rounds are walking. Anyone else have a pair? What are your thoughts?
  7. cjroman

White Russians

Channeling my inner Dude...equal parts Luksusowa, Kahlua, and Half and Half over crushed ice. Simple and perfect.
  8. cjroman

For Sale SeeMore head covers

Have a "Groovy", white with Velcro closure, white lining. Also have a Copper colored with floating RST. Magnetic closure, and leopard print lining (On Yeah Baby)... Both covers in excellent condition. Covers for blades and small mallets. $20 each includes shipping. Buy both for $30 shipped.
  9. cjroman

Thank you balls from Titleist????

Anyone else get a free sleeve in the mail from Titleist? I got a sleeve of the new NXT Tour S yesterday with a note thanking me for participating in their ball testing...I guess the ones I got to test were the prototype for the NXT Tour S...If you participated in ball testing, be on the look out.
  10. cjroman

Puerto Rico Open

In other news...With all the Match Play goodness from the weekend...Tony Finau picked up his first PGA win in a playoff at the Puerto Rico Open...And Ian Poulter failed to close out another lead and still hasn't won since, well almost forever.
  11. cjroman

WTB Titleist AP1 712 or 714, or Mizuno 850 JPXEZ Forged Stiff

WTB Titleist AP1 712 or 714, or Mizuno 850 JPXEZ Forged Right Hand/Stiff What do you have??? Prefer Standard L/L/L Any other Game Improvement Irons will be considered in Right Hand/Stiff...
  12. cjroman

WTS/WTT Cobra BioCell Plus Driver/Black/Stiff/44.5"

WTS/WTT my Cobra BioCell Plus Driver. Black color, Stock Stiff Matrix White Tie, plays to 44.5 inches. Comes with head cover, wrench and manual. Grip is a great condition Lamkin REL ACE in black. Club is in overall great condition, with only minor face scratches and no other dings, chips or...
  13. cjroman

WTS/WTT Ping Cadence TR Rustler/33 in/RH

WTS/WTT a Ping Cadence TR Rustler. Right Hand. 33 Inches. Green label (Slight Arc) Ping Fit for Stroke. Comes with stock head cover, Super Stroke Mid Slim 2.0 installed and the original grip. Great condition, no dings. Was babied. $100 shipped CONUS. Would prefer cash, but if you have...
  14. cjroman

Am I silly for wanting a SLDR Mini TP?

Pros: I've hit them a few times both indoors and out and had pretty good results. I don't ever hit my 3W off the deck...but I find myself using it more out of the box on tighter holes and on days (like yesterday) when my driver is not cooperating. They are stupid cheap now, and I can get a...
  15. cjroman

WTB Adams XTD (CC) Gap Wedge/Stock Stiff

A shot in the dark here, as these things are like unicorn tears in an bowl made from Unobtainium... Looking to purchase an Adams XTD (Cross Cavity) Gap Wedge with the stock stiff shaft...
  16. cjroman

WTS TM AeroBurner Driver 10.5 Stiff and Adams 16* IDEA 9031 Hybrid Regular

Up for consideration is a TM AeroBurner Driver, Stock Matrix Stiff shaft, plays one inch short of standard (plays 44.75 inches), with a Lamkin ACE REL Gen 3 grip. Head cover in excellent condition included. Used for a few rounds and range sessions. One day I'll figure out light shafts are...
  17. cjroman

Back to a PING, and it just feels right

Last fall I started rolling an Odyssey Metal-X Rossie after figuring out faced balanced putter were more conductive to my stroke. Got rid of a toe hanging PING iN Z2B that I picked up used after I started playing again in June 2013. This was the first time I ever rolled anything but a PING...
  18. cjroman

Putter length, how many actually check and not buy a standard 35 inch?

I've been doing a lot of experimenting this winter and I have been using a putter that is to long for me. I've always rolled a standard 35 inch, but now I realize I do much better with a 33 or 33 1/2.
  19. cjroman

Epoxy Failure?

Has anyone ever had the epoxy fail in their adjustable shaft adapter? I was hitting a used Cleveland XL Custom that I recently picked up from a reputable internet dealer and I thought at first the adapter broke. I had hit approximately 20 balls on the simulator and my instructor and I went...
  20. cjroman

WTS BioCell Driver Silver with stock Regular and/or Diamana D+ 62 Stiff

***New Asking Prices*** ***Driver with Regular Haft SOLD*** Selling my BioCell Driver in Silver with two shaft options. The driver is in very good condition with a few tee marks on the sole. There are no pop up marks or any paint issues. It comes with a wrench, manual, and head cover. The...
Back