Search results for query: *

1. GolfFest

Tell me about your umbrella

It’s been raining almost everyday in the afternoons and it is about time I just buy a golf umbrella I can put on the push cart. What do you have? Why do you like it? What should I look for or avoid? Am I overthinking this and they are all the same?
  2. GolfFest

Hypothetical: Smart Handicapping

Bear with me on this, I added a hypothetical disclaimer as the system would only work with detailed and accurate data from something like ShotScope, Arccos etc… So with the data a system analyzes it, the course, and your game and assigns you strokes where you need them most. Say you are wild...
  3. GolfFest

Where would you score better?

You get to choose either: Start from a random position on the green and have 2 strokes. or Start 30 yards from the pin and get 3 strokes Which of these are you going to score better on average?
  4. GolfFest

A full practice swing?

Talking with my instructor about pre-shot routine and he mentions pros tend to practice movements, getting in certain positions, or feelings but not a full practice swing before hitting a shot. I’ve been more take one practice swing and then hit and it has me curious about what is common before...
  5. GolfFest

Turning down a request to play through.

Playing for the 4th of July around the 6th hole a guy from the group behind asked if we wanted to go back 3 holes and play behind the 4 group outing behind us. He said they all played fast and we wouldn’t be pushed that way. The course was wide open in from of us and open behind the 4th group...
  6. GolfFest

Short irons: Full vs Partial swings

Each Friday morning before work we have our work league at the executive course next to the office. I noticed this last time out my playing partner was with wedges and short irons taking a full sort of over swing for every shot. For many of the same holes I prefer to take a little more club...
  7. GolfFest

What club are you hitting here?

Let’s say your ball is in the fairway and you have an approach to a front pin at exactly a full 9 iron distance. Do you: A. Hit a full 9 iron B. Take some off an 8 iron C. Something else
  8. GolfFest

Help me Panda! Stop hooking the ball

I've been fighting a hook throughout the bag. Can start right and hook, straight and hook, or left and hook. Ball ends up anywhere from 5 to 50 yards left of target. My other miss is catching it thin, low on the face. When I got the camera out everything turned into the 5 yard variety which is...
  9. GolfFest

Approach Shots: Full swing distance or closer to the green?

I'm curious to see what people prefer, but would you rather have a full swing with a short club, say 9 iron or pitching wedge, or be roughly 40-80 yards closer, lets say something that gives you a partial wedge shot into the green? Play to a yardage or get as close as possible...
  10. GolfFest

Hitting irons off the toe

I've had a little issue lately where I am having trouble finding the sweet spot with the irons, I am missing out on the toe. I think the face angle and path are fine as the flight is mostly straight or a slight draw but it sometimes is a little too low spin or not quite getting the height and it...
  11. GolfFest

FS: Arccos Golf system

I have a new in box original Arccos golf system. Asking $115 shipped or best offer. Potentially open to working some sort of trade, especially for a HZRDUS black shaft.
  12. GolfFest

Diamana™ BF-series shafts

Overview from the website: The Diamana™ BF-series represents the next generation version of MRC’s signature “smooth” bend profile. The new BF-series, like its most recent predecessor the Diamana™ B-Series, incorporates high-strength DIALEAD™ Pitch Fiber by Mitsubishi Rayon into...
  13. GolfFest

Granddaddy Tuneup

With the Granddaddy coming up I thought it would be good to get some feedback. First swing is a 7 iron from down the line. Shot is a slight fade. I feel I come over the top a little. My miss is generally a hook and I have been working on changing that. Posture at address looks a little hunched...
  14. GolfFest

Are there parts of your game you neglect?

I've know that the biggest thing that would improve my scores is a better short game. While I have spent a good amount of time on the range working on both full and partial wedge shots I haven't spent much time practicing chipping. It is the worst part of my game, and I tell myself I am going to...
  15. GolfFest

How often do we sabotage ourselves before we even start the backswing?

A question I have been wondering a little lately, and I'm sure those who have taught lessons can add some good input, but I am curious how often we miss before we even start our swing? I'm talking alignment, aim, posture, grip, poor club selection etc... Thoughts?
  16. GolfFest

How would you play this hole?

Inspired by which hole has your number thread, this is the hole that has mine. Par 4 449 yards on the scorecard. A par on this hole is more rare for me than any other. The challenge is in the tee shot. The left side is dry in the picture but it is a river running down that side. The left side...
  17. GolfFest

WITB GolfFest

I have a number of new clubs this season, and a few that have been here for a while. This should do it for me this year, I can't see any of the clubs changing. I do have another hybrid and a 2 iron that aren't pictured that sometimes make their way in the bag in place of the 4 iron or 3w...
  18. GolfFest

The dreaded snap hook: flipping the face shut at impact

It doesn't happen too often for me, but every round or two I've been hitting a snap hook off the tee. One where the ball will start out straight or sometimes even right and then curve violently to the left and dive towards the ground. When this happens I can often feel like my wrists are...
  19. GolfFest

Chipping trajectory

My home course has mostly elevated turtle back style greens where if you miss the chip shot will need to get up and stop fairly quickly. What is the best way of playing these type of shots? Even with my higher lofted wedges I struggle and tend to hit a lower trajectory which will either hit the...
Back