Search results for query: *

1. CobraX51

The Punch Out

It's a Golf shot that is needed in your repertoire. And it's a golf shot that recently has really burned me, either with carelessness or trying to get way too greedy. This isn't exactly a shot one practices, I mean I don't hit the range before a round to practice punch out golf shots, why...
  2. CobraX51

Adidas Tour360 XT PK Shoes

I didn't see a thread on this via search so decided to just post about them, and if it needs to be merged, cool. The last couple of years I've been wearing the Nike Roshe G TourGolf shoes, still own a couple of pairs, they're nice. I just have to wear spikes when I golf, spikeless isn't for me...
  3. CobraX51

#PlayItForward

As Golf does with anyone, the game really humbled me the last couple of months. Last year and the first few months this year I enjoyed playing 6500-6700. I was hitting drives 240+ with the occasional big smack. 2H 215-220. 5iron 180-185. PW 125-130. Then sometime in April the distance...
  4. CobraX51

Par 3 Struggles

I tried stalling to make this thread as long as I could until the struggles haven't went away. In my last 6 rounds I have played 25 Par 3s. Hitting 3 greens. THREE. Oddly enough it has my scoring average at 3.7, it just feels so much worse when you consistently miss so many greens. The issue...
  5. CobraX51

1st Amateur Golf Tournament. TheGrintTour.

I don’t know what I’m getting myself into but here it goes. So I’ve been apart of TheGrint for several years and it’s nice. Emails always come about joining TheGrintTour but I don’t have the time nor patience to do that, I don’t care to golf competitively either. I got an email today about...
  6. CobraX51

The Fairway Bunker

Let's face it, this isn't a shot we practice much of, if ever, because who really goes to a fairway bunker and practices hitting mid-irons, long irons, or even hybrids/woods? I've seen it done, but by more advanced players. On the previous hole a buddy of mine hit a great fairway bunker shot...
  7. CobraX51

Reaching Your Peak as a Golfer

One thing I hear when golfing with people is "at my best I was as low as a 6, or even scratch, or I used to break 80 consistently, or flirt with Par." But life gets in the way and other more important things happen. Marriage, career, and children are typically what I hear most, all completely...
  8. CobraX51

Breaking Down Golf Swings Per Round

Alright so I was thinking about this and looked at recent scores to find out how many times per round I'm actually swinging a golf club off the deck. Breaking it down recently has really opened my eyes to how little we swing the golf club. Let's start with a broad number of 85 as your...
  9. CobraX51

Par 5s - "Scoring Holes"

This is all I ever hear about Par 5s. In scrambles it's "This is an Eagle hole, or at the worst birdie." On TV you hear Gary Koch or Jim Nantz say "Remember he still has the Par 5 17th which is an easy birdie you'd expect." I can live with 39 putts yesterday, because that's something I have...
  10. CobraX51

A Patch or Legit Fix for the Toe Miss?

Freddie what's up man. One of my last few questions and the responses to my other inquires have been helpful... Here's the deal. My miss on my irons/wedges has been the toe, it just is, especially off the deck. On a tee it isn't that big of a deal or problem, probably because it's pegged up...
  11. CobraX51

Callaway Apex CF19 vs. EPIC

Nice day out here and Callaway had a fitting day with Trackman with the new Apex and Apex Pro irons in 4-6-8-PW. They also had the BB irons/hybrids, Apex hybrids, Flash FW and Driver. So it’s obviously encouraged to bring your current set to compare and that’s exactly what I did. My fitter was...
  12. CobraX51

Not Looking at the Golf Ball?

Alright so 2018 has been a mix of ups and downs, but more so ups, thankfully. Handicap has went from 14 to sub 11. My problem in the beginning of the year was hitting behind the golf ball and having a lot of misses to the right, high spin misses to the right. My eyes would be focused behind...
  13. CobraX51

At What Point Do You Tell a Random To Hurry Up?

Daylight Savings time is here and sometimes you tee it up on a given weekend around 2:00 or whatever. Maybe you had errands in the morning, maybe you had family activities, or maybe you were just sick of watching the sh!tty ass Josh McCown Jets and booked a tee time with a friend. We got...
  14. CobraX51

How Long is Your Break? Mentally/Physically?

Alright so Golf this year has been pretty fun, up until recently. I've broke 80 twice, have been hitting the golf ball well, bringing my average score to around 85, haven't seen my coach for a lesson since like April since things have been going well, even dipped below 11 for the first time...
  15. CobraX51

FS: Used Bushnell Medalist

Afternoon THP. I’m in the process of getting a new rangefinder and would like to sell this one to someone here before I ask my friends. Bushnell Medalist with Pin Seeker technology. Few scuffs due to drops but nothing serious. Works just fine. Asking $120 OBO. Does NOT include carrying case...
  16. CobraX51

Learning to Flight Shots?

This kind of goes with the thread of needing help and consistency with GIR but here it goes... My GIR is simply poor. 28%. No other way to put it. Saturday I hit 6 GIR but still shot 82. Yesterday 2 GIR in 9 holes. It's a problem area for me and has been for quite sometime. The guy I played...
  17. CobraX51

2-Putt For 18 Holes...Happy?

So when you read people's opinions on the best way to avoid "higher scores" is to avoid OB, 3 putts, double chips. Today I had 14 two putts. 2 three putts. 2 one putts to cancel out the 3 jacks. I average 33 putts a round and today knew I was going to have a higher number because of the...
  18. CobraX51

Last 2 rounds 95-96...Today?

79. First time breaking 80. And yes I will go in the Trying to Break 80 from here on out but this was wild... I had my nephews birthday party but my brother was like “Bro it’s a bunch of 10 year olds and laser tag you don’t have to come.” So it’s 2:30ish and I text dwchockey if he wanted to...
  19. CobraX51

Birthday Wish - Quality Golf Shoes

Alright so the end of this month I turn another year older and was asked by my girlfriends family what I wanted to do for my birthday(They love doing birthday and Christmas gifts, to me it's just another day but whatever). I said a night at TopGolf since I've never been, and a "joint" gift of...
  20. CobraX51

Brice Garnett Corales Club Champ - WITB

Usually reserve this for emart but since this was technically the PGA Tour event from the weekend here is what's in his bag...Interesting wedge but more so ball choice from a Callaway Staffer... Driver - Callaway Rogue 9* Aldila Rogue Black 110 60TX 3-wood - Callaway XR 15* Mitsubishi...
Back