Search results for query: *

1. mark blanchard

Why are Ping's milled TR grooves legal on a putter, but not on an iron?

I'm not the USGA, but they seem very wide, sharp, deep and closely-spaced. What's the rule that makes 'em legal on a putter but not a wedge? (Not that they would survive more than a few impacts on a wedge, mind you.)
  2. mark blanchard

New Mizuno 850 Driver with sliding weight slots to move CG forward and back

I see Luke Donald testing a new Mizuno 850 JPX at the Players with three slots for sliding weights that can be added in various combinations to move CG forward and back or left and right. Nothing on THP about this so far. Any insider dope that anyone can share? It looks like it offers a...
  3. mark blanchard

Does a dissassembled shaft and head in your bag count as a 15th club?

What about if you have just an extra head, which takes the same shaft and tip as an assembled club you're playing? What if you have just an extra shaft sticking? I dunno. One buddy said it counts, another said it doesn't. One said you can't touch a club with a wrench in a round so it...
  4. mark blanchard

Ever get 2 birdies on one hole with one ball in one round?

This just happened to me. Killed a sparrow on the wing about 10 yards off the tee box with a drive that still hit the fairway and went about 250. A nice 3 wood, wedge and a one putt for a birdie 4. Anyone else have any critter killing stories to share?
  5. mark blanchard

How are driver CC's calculated?

I just received a new Jetspeed driver and I was stunned by how big the head is. By far the biggest driver head I've ever seen, bigger than the SLDR or even than the massive G25, which looks deceptively large when viewed from above because it's a bit of a squashed flat egg. I pulled out all...
  6. mark blanchard

Closing face angle on adjustable drivers while searching for the acceptable loft.

Please help me figure this out. In testing numerous drivers from various manufacturers this year, I have had a hard time juggling loft and face angle. I figured out pretty quickly that "9.5" from one company didn't equal "9.5" from another and that I had to look at what actual launch angles...
Back