Search results for query: *

1. Ron S

Freddie, please critique my swing!

Hi Freddie, I hope your recovery is going well. I took some video with my phone at the driving range today. Although they're not the best quality vids, I was hoping you can give me some tips. Here's a little about where my game is at... I just started playing golf again earlier this year after...
  2. Ron S

What's your preferred distance/club for approach shots?

When laying up your 2nd shot on a long par 5 for example, do you just grab 3 wood and get as close to the green as you can or is there a preferred distance you're always trying to layup to so you can hit a particular club? I like to pull 3 wood because it's fun to see if I can hit it well, but...
  3. Ron S

What are your irons length and lie specs, and how tall are you?

Was just curious about this. I'm going to be ordering new irons in a couple weeks. I was already fitted for them a couple weeks ago. The fitter measured me from my wrist to floor and said I'm standard length. Hitting off the lie board confirmed I'm standard lie. Length: standard Lie: standard...
  4. Ron S

How many different golf swings do you have and what are they?

When I took my first short game lesson with my golf pro, I was surprised how similar the lesson was to our previous full swing lessons. Grip and setup were the same. We didn't focus on stance but it was narrower and slightly open. The takeaway/impact/follow through were virtually the same other...
  5. Ron S

TPC Harding Park in San Francisco

Just finished 18 holes at TPC Harding Park (thanks for joining me fellow THP'er mancest!). They've started setting up some grand stands which I assume are for the WGC Cadillac Match Play Tournament at the end of April. Some rough areas were roped off for grounds work. Aside from that, the course...
  6. Ron S

Hi from San Francisco. Getting back into the swing of things.

Hey there Hackers. I recently decided to get back into golf after not having played for over 10 years. I used to play for the high school golf team, then not at all in college. After college, I played a handful of times before putting the clubs away until a couple of weeks ago when I hit the...
Back