Search results for query: *

1. Iceman!

H.R.7228 - BIRDIE Act - Copyright Protection for Architectural Works to Golf Courses

H.R.7228 - BIRDIE Act was introduced on Feb 5th to protect the Architectural Works of Golf Courses. https://www.congress.gov/bill/118th-congress/house-bill/7228/text A new federal bill aims to put golf courses on “par” with other architectural designs by expanding federal copyright protection...
  2. Iceman!

Budget Golf Joining Globalgolf.com, part of Worldwide Golf on March 20, 2024

On March 20, 2024, Budget Golf will be merging it’s online shopping operations with GlobalGolf.com, expanding GlobalGolf.com as the ultimate destination for golf enthusiasts. This merger creates an entirely new level of convenience and selection in golf shopping while continuing to deliver...
  3. Iceman!

Volvik New Crystal Combi

Sov after seeing the great Brand Story on Volvik by @JB and having played Volvik before, I was familiar with the brand. I did some poking around on the Volvik site looked for a 3pc Ionomer cover ball that I can live with a compromise of Distance and Short Game spin. and found these...
  4. Iceman!

Both things and people have history. XXIO goes from “Miyakonjo” to the world

Stubbled on this description of the XXIO manufacturing on a Japan site. Will translate when opened in Google Really interesting to see how time is spent building clubs. https://lesson.golfdigest.co.jp/gear/dunlop/article/162905/1/
  5. Iceman!

Travel Thread for 2024 WorldWide Golf Championship

Thought I would open one up since it's 90 days away.
  6. Iceman!

Play Faster 24’

Saw this and cracked up, didn’t want to put “Suck” in the title.
  7. Iceman!

2024 Golf League Thread

Didn’t see one for 2024 opened up and we’ll be playing in 90 days so I started one.
  8. Iceman!

Which ball would you choose?

Spent some time today at the PGATSS testing some golf balls with a 54* wedge and 7i Srixon Z-Star Mizuno RB MAX Mizuno RB566 I set the greens at 75 and 140 yards, so that will effect the total distance as the balls tend to slow down on greens. I didn't hit driver because I ran out of time...
  9. Iceman!

Club Champion now offering $25 0.5 hour "Current Bag Assessment"

Saw this on IG: Apparently @Club Champion is offering to assess your current bag set up for $25.00 for a 30 minute time frame. I like it. Yes, it gets me in the door however it also gives me a snapshot of my bag. Cheaper than renting Sim time with a Trackman and you get the fitter experience.
  10. Iceman!

Reading Greens is Easy…

11. Iceman!

New Srixon Logo?

Saw this Srixon Logo on Dean Burmester’s hat this morning, I haven’t seen that Srixon logo before. I like it!
  12. Iceman!

Golf VX, a Indoor Golf Simulator Facility, is moving in to my town

So apparently Golf VX, a Golf Simulator Company is quite popular in Korea and is putting their first American Location in my town. Golf simulator with robotic bartender coming to Arlington Heights shopping center A shuttered laser tag facility in Arlington Heights will be transformed into...
  13. Iceman!

Golf isn't a technique game, not a Mental Game, It's a PROBLEM SOLVING GAME

Saw this on "X" today: I don't know if I disagree with this. Might be why I like golf so much, It's a "What is the quickest way to get myself out of trouble" game. Think anyone that I've seen play this game well have been "Problem Solvers" Thoughts on this?
  14. Iceman!

2024 Mizuno RB Max and RB566 Golf Balls

I didn't see a thread so I thought I'd start one. MIZUNO RB MAX AND RB566 GOLF BALLS NEW SOFT FEEL AND MAX SPEED DUAL-CORE MODELS ADDED TO MIZUNO PORTFOLIO Mizuno has unveiled an improved version of its RB566 Balanced Performance ball and a completely new high-speed ball, the RB MAX...
  15. Iceman!

Number of Putts to Finish

So ShotScope has my finish 88% of my holes with 1 or 2 putts. So is this "Average" or "Better Than"?
  16. Iceman!

Driver Distance or Accuracy Discussion again - With a ShotScope "Kicker"

Was going to post this somewhere else however I thought I just post a new thread. Mods move this if you see fit. Jen's review of @PPFour12 has me thinking I have a dilemma on my hands - What is more important Distance or Accuracy off the Driver? The #lunticfringe in me can't come to grips with...
  17. Iceman!

Does Wildfire Smoke have an effect on Golf Ball Distance?

So the Theoretical Physicist in me (Think Leonard Hofstadter not Sheldon Cooper) thinks that the all of the smoke from the Canadian wildfires here in the midwest has an effect on the golf ball distance. When you see Orange Sunrises and Sunsets, you can tell there's obviously particles in...
  18. Iceman!

Look for 2 THPers to Join @Iceman! and @KYGolfer at Thunderhawk on Thursday, June 8th @ 8AM

Looking for 2 golfers to join @Iceman! and @KY Golfer to play Thunderhawk in Beach Park, IL on Thursday, June 8th. Tee time is 8AM - Cost with Cart is $83.00 If you have not played this course, it is a fantastic course and if I recall has held a THP Event. https://www.thunderhawkgolfclub.org/...
  19. Iceman!

Can you name this All Star Lineup ?

20. Iceman!

Club Gaps - How wide/tightly gapped are your Irons?

I saw this photo on the ShotScope X5 thread and it makes me wonder how tightly gapped your irons are? With all conditions being benign - Would this gap of 156 to 159 cause you to change clubs? If the goal of any weekend "Hack" is aim for the center of the green, does 3 yards matter? 6 yards...
Back