Search results for query: *

1. leftshot

How much is bogey avoidance an active part of your game and course mgmt?

I look at it differently. When I’m on the tee I’m first assessing the potential score for this hole with my skillset. Sometimes that is a birdie. Sometimes the best reasonable expectation is a par. I want to give myself the best chance at achieving that score without a ton of downside. For...
  2. leftshot

Unsolicited gold advice- what’s your stance

Interestingly, this thread was posted just a few days after one of only two times I ever gave a player advice on the golf course! Noteworthy is: The advice given was to my partner in league play, not between two dudes who don't know each other. As partners, we're supposed to help each other...
  3. leftshot

Golf shorts: How short is too short?

Reminds me of a teammate I had in cross country. His main thing was racing as a cyclist. This dude had massive thighs! I on the other hand weighed 118 lbs. on a 5' 9" frame. I was one of the top cross-country runners in the state and my teammate never did better than middle-of-the-pack JV...
  4. leftshot

What are the signs of a bad Instructor?

First of all, I hardly ever judge an instructor by the results of a single student. Just like there are bad instructors there are bad students. Students who go to lessons then don't apply themselves in between lessons, or do so poorly are plentiful. That is but one of many examples of how...
  5. leftshot

The 60 and over Thread

Health being a big topic on this thread, here is a tip. A recent study shows that those of us over 60 fair much better on function, long-term health, and lifespan if we average 10,000 steps per day or more. I for one can certainly feel the difference. Apps like Health on the iPhone will even...
  6. leftshot

We had a guy like that in a company league I played in years ago. This guy couldn't break 100 to save his life ON AN EXECUTIVE COURSE and would give unsolicited advice all round, every round.
  7. leftshot

Here is the truth about this. 1. Most golf advice from regular folks on the range is bad advice. 2. Most golfers on the range think they know/understand more about the golf swing than they do. 3. There is tiny percentage of people at the range who actually know enough to give reliable...
  8. leftshot

Hit Instict any solutions

As with all swing changes, there is a progression. 1. Learning to incorporate the change without a ball. This alone can have several steps inside of it. Learning the positions to hit. Slow-motion walk-throughs. Mini swings or low-effort versions building up to regular speed and full motion...
  9. leftshot

Your Last Chip In?

Yesterday I had two buzz the hole and one other hit the flagstick, but stayed out. So, it's been a couple of weeks.
  10. leftshot

The 60 and over Thread

I do the same thing except with 9-10 foot putts. The goal is the same. Remove starting line as a variable in whether you make or miss putts.
  11. leftshot

The best shot of the round

Lots of good approach shots today. We’ll go with a high draw from 167 yards out that landed on the spot 15 feet left and a little short than curled toward the hole for an easy birdie from 5 feet. Note: I swing lefthanded.
  12. leftshot

Flagstick In or Out

I suspect that for most people on THP this would be the case.
  13. leftshot

Are Sunglasses Optional?

Typically with transition lenses people either love them or hate them. I love them. Today’s transitions adjust really quick. Even going from high intensity sunlight to indoors it takes less than a minute to fully adjust. My wife hates them. Says that’s too long.
  14. leftshot

Are Sunglasses Optional?

I wear transition lenses. So, I have them on all the time. Whether or not they are 'sunglasses' at any given moment depends on what the sun and clouds are doing.
  15. leftshot

Golf shorts: How short is too short?

The wider they are the shorter they look!
  16. leftshot

Do You Wear Clothes at Home?

"Even the minister"? You must have a really weird minister.
  17. leftshot

Which Neighbor Are You?

We used to go camping with a bunch of our friends (50-60 of them). One year one of our friends brought along their 5-year-old niece, whom I had not met. In introducing herself she asked about my name. I told her I was Mr. Simmons. Her head went down briefly them looked up at me and said...
  18. leftshot

The best shot of the round

My partner and I have been doing a really good job putting pressure on the other team off the tee. In tonight's match I had a GIR on all the par 3s and FIR on all but one of the par 4s and 5s, and the one 'miss' was a slice on purpose to go around a severe dogleg left that wasn't penal, it...
  19. leftshot

Which Neighbor Are You?

Bought a house this time last year that needed more than a little TLC in that area. Went from yellow ‘lawn’ with lots of bare spots and weeds to lush green, no weeds, and just a few small bare spots to go. Getting there.
Back