Search results for query: *

1. SHOWBOAT12

Cleveland Smart Sole Full-Face Wedges

No issue if you commit to the shot and release the club or play a touch shot with excessive shaft lean. Making a “putter style” stroke like you might with a chipper hasn’t worked well. Yes and yes.
  2. SHOWBOAT12

L is a cheat code. I see it replacing the C in my bag.
  3. SHOWBOAT12

Brands you are rocking in 2024?

There is Peter Millar and there is everything else.
  4. SHOWBOAT12

I'm not a huge fan of the C because I feel like it rolls out too much to be versatile. Ordered a L this week and will give it a try.
  5. SHOWBOAT12

2024 Asics Golf Shoes

Yes. Fit is similar, but feel is more sturdy/structured. They added elastic connecting the tongue to the sole of the shoe which prevents it from slipping and provides a better feel (YMMV).
  6. SHOWBOAT12

2024 Asics Golf Shoes

I bought the white Kayanos and really like them.
  7. SHOWBOAT12

True Linkswear True Lux G, True Lux 2 and True OG Cush Golf Shoes

Has their quality gotten any better? I liked their product but it wasn’t durable enough when I tried them a couple years ago.
  8. SHOWBOAT12

Golf Bags for Travel (not travel covers)

+1 for Sun Mountain. They're offering a discount on last year's model.
  9. SHOWBOAT12

Hilton Head week of March 11

This should help.
  10. SHOWBOAT12

2024 Asics Golf Shoes

Wore the 2024 Kayanos for the first time yesterday - white is a welcomed change from 2023 colorway.
  11. SHOWBOAT12

Golf Vacation Planning

1. Choose destination, including courses. 2. Book AirBnb, VRBO, or depending on location through a local vacation rental company (avoids AirBnb & VRBO fees).
  12. SHOWBOAT12

Heading to Hilton Head Omni Resort

I have to agree. While Harbour Town is one of the most well manicured golf courses I've ever played, it's also one of the least memorable. Teeing off on #1 for obvious reasons, coming in on #9 to make the turn, #16 doglegging to the water, #17 towards the water (probably the best hole on the...
  13. SHOWBOAT12

Cleveland Halo XL Fairway Review

Ordered a custom 9W with a Fujikura Ventus Red (went non-velocore given chance this club wouldn't stay in the bag). After hitting range balls and playing some holes on the course, my initial impression is this will have a permanent spot. The club is extremely easy to hit - much more forgiving...
  14. SHOWBOAT12

Srixon ZX MK II Irons

That's hot.
  15. SHOWBOAT12

Best coastal Golf destination (USA)

Bingo. Myrtle Beach as well if you'd like an option on the lower-cost end of the spectrum.
  16. SHOWBOAT12

2024 Srixon Q Star Tour and Q Star Tour Divide Review

I played this ball almost exclusively in 2023 and noticed the same. Since I get them at cost, it doesn't bother me, but can understand why it would be frustrating. Agreed. For sure.
  17. SHOWBOAT12

I have a Smart Sole C that makes its way in and out of the bag. Due to the loft profile of club, it's useful on a course-by-course basis where green square footage is larger and areas around them are roomier and/or free of obstacles (e.g., sand, water). The likelihood I give the 64° a shot this...
  18. SHOWBOAT12

Srixon NC Putter?

Friday: Get a fitting, order a Frontline Elite. Monday: Srixon re-launches NC series. :rolleyes:
  19. SHOWBOAT12

2024 Asics Golf Shoes

I prefer walking and played 50+ rounds in Kayanos last season - plan on getting another pair for 2024.
  20. SHOWBOAT12

Best business backpack?

If you're open to leather, Kodiak makes good products at reasonable prices.
Back