Search results for query: *

1. Jimmyboy

Handicap question?

My handicap is at a 7.4 index at the moment but I believe that handicap is too low. I believe this because I've only posted 2 scores below my handicap (6.1 & 7.1). I guess what my question is .... is this normal???:confused2: p.s. I use greenskeeper.org to track my handicap. Thanks
  2. Jimmyboy

Arizona golf recommendations?

Ok, I was hoping some THP members could help me find some nice courses in the queen creek and chandler area possibly gilbert area. I have looked at Poston Butte, Bear Creek and Las Colinas. Does anyone knows how the conditions are at these courses? Is there any other courses that I should look...
  3. Jimmyboy

Bending wedges?

Well, I am looking for new wedges in 54* and 58* but the selection is pretty thin... lots of 56* and 60*. So what I am asking is can u bend a wedge 2* (i.e. bend a 56* to 54*). Does it have to be a forged wedge? How effective is a bent wedge?
  4. Jimmyboy

Hard vs. Easy debate

So, do you believe playing a hard course on a regular basis would make you a better player than if you played an easy course. What are your thoughts?
  5. Jimmyboy

New golfing milestone reached!

Yesterday I achieved a milestone that truly proves I AM A GOLF NUT! I played 72 holes in one day!:D
  6. Jimmyboy

GPS died

My Sonocaddie V2 GPS died this evening. Turned it on then it died, thought that batteries were drained ... so i replaced them and turned it on again ... then my screen went blank again. Now it won't turn on. Has anyone experienced this before?
  7. Jimmyboy

Do you gamble on the golf course?

I was just wondering if you do gamble while playing? How often? and how much? I do gamble while playing, usually when playing with certain members (2-3 times a week), 25 cent/$1 skins, $2/$5 low score per nine holes.
  8. Jimmyboy

How rounds of golf?

So how many rounds of golf do you play each year? Last year I posted just over 100 rounds! This year i already have 31 rounds in since late march.:banana:
  9. Jimmyboy

Srixon Trispeed Tour

These just became availiable at golftown in canada, I was just woundering if any has played this new version. JB do you plan on reviewing this ball?
  10. Jimmyboy

Will a golf GPS unit bring your game to the next level?

So I guess what I'm asking is if you own a golf gps have you found that it has brought your game to a whole new level? Or has it had little impact on how you play? Thinking about getting a Golf Buddy GPS just want to know if it will help bring my game to a new level!?:confused2:
  11. Jimmyboy

Fixing the slice!

I decided that I want to setup my game to the next level ...... my first step is to fix my slice so that I can fade/draw the ball on command(I got my work cut out for me!) I understand the theory behind my slice and how to draw the ball.... I am just having a hard time applying it!:banghead...
  12. Jimmyboy

Did I do something wrong here?!

Ok I was out for a quick 18 this evening with a power cart. Sailed through 9 holes with no one on the nine. Then I head over to do my 2nd nine (27 hole course) because I have a match play match on these particilar holes on monday. As I finish my first hole on the second nine I notice a group of...
  13. Jimmyboy

Putting help!!!

Ok. i am really struggling with my putting right now. Right now my putts per round average around 35.8 putts per round (1.98 putts per hole). I currently play 18 holes 5 times a week and spend 5 min practicing putting before my round and 15 to 20 mins practicing after my round. Problem areas...
  14. Jimmyboy

New Callaway Warbird Irons?

I just recently saw new callaway warbird irons on sale at golftown ..... has anyone heard anything about them?
  15. Jimmyboy

Thinkin' of getting a seemore putter...

Well I went into GolfTown today and started to fool around with a seemore bronze FGP. I was really impressed with the feel of this putter .... amazing. At first i was struggling with hidding that red dot but once I got in the groove I sunk some lengthy putts .... nothing extrodinary but pretty...
  16. Jimmyboy

Lookin' for some new wedges...

Well with the new groove ruling coming into effect in 2010..... i've decided that sometime this year I should replace my wedges. I've tried the Nickent wedges(a while back) and love them....however I can't find any to purchase in my area(i don't like ordering off the net). So i'm searching for a...
  17. Jimmyboy

Mallet or Blade?

Which do you prefer Mallet or Blade putter? I recently changed from a Mallet to Blade and like the preformance and feel i get from my blade putter
  18. Jimmyboy

5 iron or 5 hybrid?

Well I recently purchased a new set of Cobra FPirons. However I've noticed that my 5 iron is slicing/fading compared to my 6 iron flight pattern (baby fade). My solution is to switch to a 5 hybrid possibly with draw bias. Any tips or advice on how to get my slight fade back?
  19. Jimmyboy

Season goals?

I was wondering if there is anybody with some goals for this golf season? My goal this season is to shoot par or better at my home course Par 71 or 70 (27 hole course) My Personal best: 18 holes: 78 9 holes: 35
  20. Jimmyboy

Hello from Ontario, Canada

Hello All, Here's a little info about me: I'm 24 years old, I play about 30 - 60 rounds a year, I'm a righty, Typical ball flight is a high fade and my home course is Wardsville Golf Club. Looking forward to chatting with everyone. handicap: unknown What's in my bag: Driver: Callaway...
Back