Search results for query: *

1. R

I'm a pro!

well, not really. not even! But a guy calls me today and says he'll pay gas and entrance fee for me to play as his partner in a 2 man scramble.o_O:eek: Tried to tell him I haven't played in about a month. I'm a high maintenance golfer! He said bring it, I've played with you before! oh, the...
  2. R

Question for the crew

I traded in my Optishot2 as partial payment on an Orbit. Returned the Orbit. Do think I ought to get my Optishot 2 back? They've cut all communications........it seems.
  3. R

R U in quest of speed?

since this has been derailed to weight training, I just deleted my post.:)
  4. R

Keep it wide!

How many times you heard that? Well maybe on the back swing, but not the downswing. traces. Figure skaters get narrow to go fast. fast pirouette "Nice compact swing" ever heard that?
  5. R

GI irons; do they lose their "springiness"?

I've been playing some Callaway SteelHead XRs and I like em. I was reading the "Low-Mid Handicappers use GI irons" and developed a question but didn't want to derail/upset that thread, so: Do these SGI or GI irons lose their rebound over time? If so, how much time? Are the newer clubs that much...
  6. R

Impact screen bounce back?

I've always been a net guy. Just put up a impact screen. It's not trampoline taught. I have bungies on the sides and they're not taught. More or less it's hanging by it's weight and loose. I stand at least 8' away from the screen and balls bounce back at me and I can catch them at chest level...
  7. R

Optishot Orbit

No subscriptions-20 courses-spin rate Optishot's got another simulator out....Orbit...not to be confused with the updated Optishot 2 with more sensors! kinda looks like a SC4 repackaged! all the info you need, " In outdoor use, Orbit can be used as a standalone unit (no smartphone required)...
  8. R

Reading rebound

er.I have been hitting into a net for years. I had one that was pretty tight years ago and it seemed I could read spin how it reacted off of the net impact. I put up a cheapo screen and it seems you can read the back and side spin pretty well of of it. Or, is it just my imagination? When I hit...
  9. R

Optishot Galaxy

Overhead system. 20 courses. No monthly fees. $7000
  10. R

Iron face contact

Here is my 8 iron with about 60 shots off of a matt. My question is; is the average impact in the right spot? Too high, too low, Looks to me the average center is 4th groove. My miss, as you can tell is thin. I have about 7 or 8 thins in that bunch and a couple pretty close to fats, hit matt...
  11. R

Earth is spinning fast

That's why there are so many posts/threads with golfers being out of sync! Spinning faster
  12. R

Best example

This is the best example/explanation of the feeling I professed last summer. a natural feeling swing with baseball swing mentality. It emphasizes the "reach back and step into" the swing; Dr. Kwon
  13. R

Driver heads.

Golf channel has a show on right now about aerodynamics increasing club head speed 4 or 5 mph. Gets me to thinking; when is someone gonna have tiny holes in the face with a larger whole in the rear creating a vacuum so there is a low pressure on the face? will create less resistance and more speed.
  14. R

which would you believe first?

All I've got is cheap stuff and I know it's cheap for a reason. I do get some feedback and I compare to what my actual playing experience is. Only thing is, I can't see a ball in flight over about 150 yards(at the range I frequent; maybe sun angle but most likely my old eyes). I adjusted my...
  15. R

Swing Caddie SC4

Has there been a thread on this? I searched and did not find one. Anybody heard any specifics? I got an email said preorderes open at midnight tonight. ooops...that's open tomorrow night
  16. R

Is your transition limiting you?

I'm not speaking of whether or not you transition according to the world of golf; weight shift, both aft and fore, or a pause, or arms down or any of that. When you think transition what is your objective? Get back to the ball with weight on front foot?!?! Well maybe that is killing your golf...
  17. R

Don't think!

Guys, I know I may have worn this out the past summer, but I can't emphasize it enough! The last couple of days I was trying to emphasize "dropping the arms" from top of backswing and hip turn/lateral shift starting the transition. I was slowing down to help learn it....hopefully. As I started...
  18. R

Optishot BallFlight; anybody seen this?

Looks like my prayers have been answered: No subscriptions Play off line 20 Courses 2 games 4 Practice ranges. Now all I need is $4000 Optishot BallFlight
  19. R

Non technical ?

How many cracked golf balls do you get while/if using on a simulator? I've probably thrown away almost 2 dozen golf balls, all cracked in about 7 months. I've got 20 balls I gather and hit, retrieve and repeat. Some cheapies, some Chromsoft, TP5's, Cut Blues Edited to reflect that I am asking...
  20. R

Simulator without constant internet?

I have very limited options for internet out in the country where i live and very limited bandwidth for what I do have. What, if any, simulators can play stand alone? I tried and tried to find out but have been unable to determine. All of them say "internet required"! Does that just mean for the...
Back