Search results for query: *

1. Mark_UK

Whats your cars MPG?

I was getting 17 out of the Mustang. A lead foot and a lot of start stop traffic was killing the gas mileage. Traded in for a GTI the other week. Thats about 23 so a little better, especially considering gas here now is $6 a gallon!
  2. Mark_UK

What's New In The Closet & Apparel Pondering

These t shirts are always a good buy, especially to wear on the rare occasion I go to the range. Even better when you get it in the sale for $20 with shipping.
  3. Mark_UK

New RevCore Premium Stand Bags - Available Now!

Joined the clan today. First of, it’s not just about the quality of the product for me, it’s the whole customer experience for me, and part of that is how quick they get the product out to me. I placed my order Tuesday, the bag arrived today, so straight away, this is now a company that’ll get...
  4. Mark_UK

Shrimp: tails or no tails

There’s no way I want them on. Ever. What’s the point. I assume no one eats them, or do they?
  5. Mark_UK

Auto Racing Thread

Nothing official yet, but multiple sources in the UK including Sky and the BBC are reporting that Newey has requested to end his contract with Red Bull early, so you gotta think there must be some substance to that. Huge news if true. Maybe gonna finish out his career with Ferrari? Not sure how...
  6. Mark_UK

Job applications, cover letters and AI

I don’t think I’d care if an applicant used AI to draft a cover letter, I’d be happy just to see one included as it seems to be a rarity. I’d weed out any chaff during the interview process.
  7. Mark_UK

What Is The Bigger Golf Red Flag?

And so he would be if the game didn’t involve driving, chipping and putting. I wouldn’t class myself as a low handicapper, but I got down to 9, currently sitting at 10 and I can’t hit an iron for s***. That’s why I roll my eyes when I see things like what’s the best club for a low / high...
  8. Mark_UK

What’s The Worst Weather You Have Played In?

I’d take that weather in a heart beat to have a course like that to myself LOL.
  9. Mark_UK

What’s The Worst Weather You Have Played In?

Pebble Beach January 16 2020. I think due to my choice language, we probably are still the only group to ever get a rain check from Pebble!
  10. Mark_UK

What Is The Bigger Golf Red Flag?

Neither are a red flag. My buddy is a higher handicapper, plays blades including a 2 iron and hits them sweet. If I see someone with their name on their bag, my first thought is twat.
  11. Mark_UK

The Club You Were REALLY Wrong About...

Even more unpopular opinion, Callaway Apex CF16’s. I’d include the Ping G425 irons in there too.
  12. Mark_UK

PXG Fitting

I have scheduled a driver fitting for next month. If it’s half as good as the irons, the credit card will be out LOL.
  13. Mark_UK

off the course do you wear golf logo hats and shirts?

Rarely. I’m logo free these days.
  14. Mark_UK

Same grip for chips?

Putting is the only time my grip changes.
  15. Mark_UK

Any motorcycle owners out there?

Just because I don’t need much excuse, a pic of the current Mark_UK fleet.
  16. Mark_UK

New RevCore Premium Stand Bags - Available Now!

My finger has been hovering over a PXG hybrid bag the last couple of days, but just couldn’t do it. I don’t generally go for branded bags, and I thought I’d look way too much of a twat, so I’ve gone for the black 6 way stand bag. The top opening is slightly better, it’s more low key and with the...
  17. Mark_UK

Wedge shaft question

I used to play steel in my SW with all other shafts matching my set. Latest clubs I bought had a deal for 7 irons, and as I don’t use anything below a 6, I decided to get a set SW. The shaft matches the rest of the set, the Mitsubishi MMT 70, and have to say, it worked like a charm on its...
  18. Mark_UK

Really random: which pocket?

Extra feel on the feel shots. Plus, if the suns out, I don’t want 1 tanned hand and 1 ghost white hand LOL.
  19. Mark_UK

Shot Scope X5 Watch

Watch has been solid for a while, but it did a couple of strange things last round. It had the wrongs club recorded on a couple of holes, and in the actual app itself, I have a random club in my bag that I’ve never even heard of, let alone owned, using a tag that I’m not even using. As soon as I...
  20. Mark_UK

Oldest Club In Your Bag?

Odyssey O Works Black 1W putter. I took a putter that was working out of the bag once before and instantly learned my lesson.
Back