Search results for query: *

1. DrPatSr

Question about Makena GC on Maui

There are a North and a South courseat Makena Resort. My wife, a non-golfer, is going to ride with me one day to enjoy the scenery. Does the North or South course have better ocean views, if there is any difference? Thanks, Pat
  2. DrPatSr

Pitching and chipping off of "Thin" fairways

Yesterday I had an 70 or so yard shot to the pin from the fairway. It's been a wet, sloppy winter around here, and many of our fairways are just coming back with pretty thin growth of bermuda over the dirt. So picture the top of a balding mans head. You see some hair, but the scalp is clearly...
  3. DrPatSr

Paint gone from sole of new club in 15 mins

Am I being too particular, expecting too much? I bought a new set of Adams A12OS clubs last week. I took them out to the practice area today. 15 minutes in the sand trap hitting out and another 15 min on the sandy/grassy area trying 65 yard shots with the new sand wedge, and ALL THE PAINT in...
  4. DrPatSr

Iron Advice Needed Please

I have really been hitting my Titleist Vokey's well of late and really enjoy the feel, sound, and the results. I had a 56, then added a new 60, then a 52, then last a 48 bent to 46 to use as a PW. I'm a "high handicapper" but do manage some fair iron shots (for me). I'm contemplating replacing...
  5. DrPatSr

Help with putting alignment?

I am getting worse and worse with my alignment while putting. Missed several short and important putts yesterday to mine and my partner's dismay. It's not a green reading thing, I don't think, because these can be 4-6 feet and straight and level. I wonder if using monovision contact lenses...
  6. DrPatSr

What is the best Hybrid in terms of distance, feel, sound, forgiveness?

I'm thinking about replacing my Diablo Edge hybrids with something better/newer. What Hybrid do you all think offers the best performance in terms of distance, feel, sound, forgiveness? I recently bought a Tour Edge Exotics CB4 four fairway wood, and it is superb in the first three measures...
  7. DrPatSr

Too many putters? Lead tape?

So I have accumulated about 5 different putters of various types and like each one for varied reasons. But my tendency is to put one away after a less than satisfactory day of putting and pull out another to put in the bag to try the next time out. Would it be better to just pick one and stick...
  8. DrPatSr

City Park Golf Courses #2, #3 New Orleans

Anybody out there grow up playing on the old #2 course at City Park in New Orleans. It's defunct now post Katrina, but I sure have fun memories of playing there in the early 1960's. Pat
Back