Search results for query: *

1. keto

Found My Power Leak!

Have a mountain trip this weekend, and my approach game has been abysmal, so I went for a 'quick fix' lesson. Took the pro a while to find it, liked my pre-shot, my setup. I've always overswung, so that was nothing new. It was keeping my head behind the ball, of all things. I was leading...
  2. keto

WTB Ping Driver Shaft, LH, R

I'm in Canada, so keep that in mind. Just looking for something else to try, what you got?:cool:
  3. keto

Orlando January '23

Looks like we are heading there, don't have specific dates yet, nor exact loc. Probably 4-6 guys would 'stay and play' 2-3 days. -are we late to get booking? -recommendations in the area?
  4. keto

Wow, Do I Need A Putting Lesson

89 Sat with 37 putts, 4 3putt bogies, today 87 with an even worse 39 putts and so.many.3.putts. 7?8? I took more time today, walked all around them, picked out interim targets, etc. My lines and reading aren't bad, my pace is atrocious. I blasted a 70 footer 100 feet, but generally came up...
  5. keto

EDMONTON: Any Interest Evolution Indoor Season Starts Oct. 7, 2019?

No affiliation. Was talking to my 2 sons about doing this, so I emailed Evolution, not sure if link OK so I won’t but I’ll say they have 2 locations N and S, and the league is flighted after 2 of 10 rounds, min 8 to qualify for season end prizes per flight. All of your $45 entry goes into the...
  6. keto

Garage Setup On The Cheap?

So, I have a perfect 8X12ish space, maybe X14’ in a pinch. I was thinking PVC pipe frame, shower curtain rod type rings, maybe a tarp outer shell behind a net. I can come down from approx 12’ ceiling. I hate hitting from plastic turf, anyone ever tried a cocoa fiber front step greeting mat...
  7. keto

Don't Like Black Putters

Just wondering if I'm the only one who dislikes a black putter head ? I wear prescription shades 99.9% of the time when I'm playing, and if there's any cloud cover at all my eyes can't pick up enough contrast to properly line up a dark putter head, even with alignment lines. I much prefer old...
  8. keto

Laid Off And Not Sure What Else

First range session of the year. Was getting no distance whatsoever (carrying 7i like 120y), lots of pushes and slices, so asked my son to vid. I can't seem to get the vids into the thread, but the links should work. Had been working on: -maintain posture (don't hunch!) and spine angle (don't...
  9. keto

A Little Lost On Wedges

Background: I have incoming i20's, up to the UW 50*. I currently have Nike VR (non-conforming) 52* & 56*. I typically use my current gap wedge for anything 70-100y, just varying my touch. 52* inside that, 56* for sand or where I need elevation around the green. My go-to shot is and will...
  10. keto

Wrist & Hand Action - An 'AHA!' Moment For Me

Still snow on the ground, so I'm just swinging in the garage...been taking a few lessons, casting badly and not getting much release. I watched this vid, and can immediately feel that using my hands as he suggests is giving me more lag, whip, and release. We'll see when I actually get to swing...
  11. keto

GolfTec Is In Canada Now

I'm not sure how widely known this is, so I thought I'd throw it up here. I'm in Edmonton, they are a little hard to find but are running some TV spots. 175 St & 100 Ave., just northwest of Soda Jerks (the old East Side Marios). I have my first session with them tomorrow. I don't know where...
  12. keto

To Heck With Modern Design...

I'm pulling out the old Acushnet Bulls Eye to see if I can cure what's ailing me :banana: Sure felt good in the living room! Had old hockey tape on the grip that was worn and sticky, went over it with duct tape then talcum powder...it'll be the ugliest thing on the course tomorrow without much...
  13. keto

My Wierdest Shot In 35 Years Of Golfing, Happened Today

Par 5 9th at River Ridge in Edmonton - started on 10, so this was my 18th hole today. 90* dog leg right with water in the corner. Dead into the wind off the tee, I flirted with the water right but was dry. About 100-125 to carry the water to the right. Pulled out my M2 Mashie, thought...
  14. keto

Serious Loss of Distance

This might be too generic for a non-filmed diagnostic, but let me set this up. -I'm 48, 6'0", 180lbs, quite flexible, not overly strong but neither am I weak -people always tell me what a good looking swing I have, and overestimate how far I have hit the ball -if I hit a driver right on the...
Back