Search results for query: *

1. TheHeez

Sand Valley - 2025

The resort has opened 2025 up for reservations on Tuesday. Their phones open at 9a local and I would suggest you call then if you want to book. Seems to be going the way of Bandon. Got May 2025 reserved for the same bunch of derelicts that did Bandon in 2023. Playing it all and the short...
  2. TheHeez

Rules Question: Hazard and Lift, Clean & Place

Ran into this situation in my clubs tournament this past weekend. We are playing LCP due to the course conditions after a ton of rain this season. Two of the players in my group hit into the hazard (a pond) about a foot beyond the red line, but their balls were identifiable and in the water...
  3. TheHeez

Prep For An Epic Golf Trip?

You've booked an incredible golf trip months in advance. You are playing multiple rounds at an epic location. Perhaps a bunch of your buddies are joining and some $ might get thrown around! The end result is that you are pumped! How do you prepare for something like that? Do you hit the range...
  4. TheHeez

Ball With More Spin/Increased Launch

Apparently I am blessed with combination of naturally low launch and low spin, to the point where the ball can really stall out mid flight. During a recent fitting I brought two balls I play somewhat interchangeably, the Bridgestone RXS and XS. My driver is in the 105-107 range and getting above...
  5. TheHeez

Golf Trip - Multi Day Format Suggestions

I’m coordinating a Bandon Dunes trip for early next year and am hoping for some format suggestions for the trip. We have 12 golfers, ranging from scratch to 16 cappers. We will be playing five full 18s and the short course. We will all be playing our own ball, so no best ball or alternate shot...
  6. TheHeez

Fitting at Callaway Performance Center - Carlsbad

Anyone ever been fitted at the Callaway HQ in Carlsbad? Years ago I was privileged to get fitted at the ECPC thanks to Callaway & THP. While I've added some new gear over the years, it's time to get a new fitting top to bottom. My plan is to pay them back for their generosity and buy everything...
  7. TheHeez

Putting - Where do you go wrong?

I'm just curious what you folks feel is the cause of your putting woes. Are you a good green reader? Do you have a hard time hitting your intended line? Is your speed control off? And what are you doing to get better?
  8. TheHeez

Palm Springs/La Quinta - Must Play Tracks?

Headed to The Desert shortly after the New Year with a small group and trying to determine where to play for 3-4 days. If anyone has a Hideaway hookup I’m all ears [emoji23] I am thinking PGA Dye Mountain, Escena, Silverrock. But generally have no clue what should be played. Personally the...
  9. TheHeez

Mission to Improve - Home Sim or ?

Here’s my situation…In the past I was able to practice multiple times a week and play 2-4 rounds per month. Now with a 4 year old and an accelerating career, I don’t have the time I once did. Most of my golf this year has been at my club’s tournaments and perhaps a range session a few days...
  10. TheHeez

Bandon Dunes - Nearly Booked Through 2022

Reached out to Bandon to try and reschedule my trip that was canceled by Covid in April 2020. For a group of 8 they are booked through October 2022. Still have room for smaller groups or singles and tee times. They will be releasing 2023 pricing after the new year and I think I’ll be booking...
  11. TheHeez

Tesla - House Solar & Powerwall

Curious about other’s experience with a Tesla solar system and/or Powerwall. How’s the performance? Have any issues? Was it worth it? Tesla seems to be least expensive in our area and the build time is best. Thinking about adding an 8kw solar system and two Powerwalls to the new house. Would...
  12. TheHeez

Play This Hole - Tournament Round

I pose this question as a legitimate ask, I’m debating changing my approach to this hole for an upcoming individual net qualifier tournament. This is hole #6 at the Paso Robles Golf Club, it’s a 220 yard par 3 from the white tournament tees, it’s the #3 handicap hole. The hole has little...
  13. TheHeez

Playing Stupid Games on the Course

Wondering if any THPers do what my buddies and I did this past weekend? We had a free round to use at a local course that used to be 18 and is now 9. Since we were going to make two loops we decided to choose different tee boxes each time and then we decided to up the ante. We decreed that...
  14. TheHeez

WTB WTB: 5 Wood - Epic Flash

Looking for a good condition EF 5 Wood. Would prefer the stock Evenflow 60 Stiff flex, but would consider other shafts. TIA
  15. TheHeez

CA Heatwave

I hope all my fellow Californians are surviving this nonsense. My area, and many others, are setting record all-time highs. Our average August high is 92 and it has hit 115/116 in the past couple days, supposed to be 111 today. Then you add on rolling blackouts, horrible fires and smoke, school...
  16. TheHeez

Random Pairings - Success Stories!

I'm sure we can all list of a myriad of times where your random pairing has gone absolutely terrible. But what about those elusive successes where your random pairing goes great or perhaps, better than great? Tell me about your Ws. Bonus points if your random pairing led to something epic! I...
  17. TheHeez

Spyglass Hill 6/28 - What will Heez shoot?

The Pebble Beach resorts are doing a pretty smoking deal for the NCGA (Northern CA Golf Association) and myself & three friends are playing Spyglass Hill next Sunday morning. I have never played the course and thought it would be fun to have a little banter, perhaps some folks could provide...
  18. TheHeez

Sudden Increase in Distance

Has anyone ever experienced this? My story is that my playing time decreased when my son was born and my ball striking declined. When I started to play more regularly I realized what I was doing wrong and went about fixing it this past fall. I noticed a bit more distance over winter and now that...
  19. TheHeez

Stiff Flex Spiked Shoe?

I was hoping the forum could provide some suggestions for stiffer flex shoes. When I walk my feet fatigue if the sole of the shoe is overly flexible. I’ve had good luck with the Nike Lunar Command 2 with its mid foot plastic shank. Any other makes/models I should be looking at? Preferably that...
  20. TheHeez

College Golfer Breaks Course Record at Pebble Beach

I couldn't find this posted anywhere. Looks like Pebble has a new course record of 61! Congrats to Hurly Long and Texas Tech! https://www.amateurgolf.com/golf-tournament-news/20087/61-at-Pebble-Beach--Long-Sets-Course-Record-at-Carmel-Cup
Back