Search results for query: *

1. Dr.Deuss

Thinking of shortening my driver shaft.

My driver came stock at 45.75" and I've had pretty good success with it. I know even tour average is 44.5, but I'm only thinking of taking off about 1/4". My question is the usual, how much should this affect the club and the results? SS with driver averages 120-123 mph. Of course I could just...
  2. Dr.Deuss

Learning Paint fill skills.

After seeing some paint work done by other members, I got the bug and decided to give it a try. I used an Elmer's paint pen, which is acrylic, and did my wedges and putter. The grooves on the Method look amazing, and I'm copyrighting the idea. :wink: They could still use some retouching and...
  3. Dr.Deuss

How long to adjust?

I got new irons beginning of January, and had also been making some swing changes since November. I'm just now starting to get comfortable with everything and am shooting the scores I was last summer. I feel like it's taken this long just to adjust to the new irons.Now I'm trusting the numbers I...
  4. Dr.Deuss

Spencer Levin played my home course today.

This was pretty cool, Spencer Levin was in Sacramento playing a public course with some friends today. That course just happened to be my local gem Ancil Hoffman. He was somewhere on the back 9 when he came in for a beer run. Walked out of the clubhouse with an arm full of Pabst tall cans. Asked...
  5. Dr.Deuss

My Prep for NCGA Public Links Championship

Im preparing for the biggest tournament of my amateur career so far, the Public Links Championship on April 2-3 2012. 18 hole qualifier on March 8. With the Championship being two days of stroke play at Spyglass Hill. Today was the first day of the year that I put some real work in at the range...
  6. Dr.Deuss

CBS coverage was pathetic today.

Short and simple, I was very disappointed with the T.V. coverage of the tournament today. It was CBS's first PGA Tour broadcast of the year, they came on half an hour late because of college hoops, and showed only 6 players by my count. Three shots, commercial break. Three more shots, commercial...
  7. Dr.Deuss

Felt like I had it today, but...

Playing in a club tournament today, my game was clicking. Due to frost delay, we had a shotgun start which put me on the Par 3 14th. Very nice way to start the round on the easiest hole of the course. I was playing solid, bogey free -2 through my first 9 holes. I then went bogey, bogey, triple...
  8. Dr.Deuss

Thank You Callaway.

Today I received a brand new bag from Callaway. My last bag had recently ripped apart at the handle, and the pro at my course said he would get a hold of them about a replacement. So I dropped it off and now about a week later they sent me a new Hyperlite 3.5 Stand Bag! Very impressed with their...
  9. Dr.Deuss

Putting seems to have clicked!

By no means have I magically gotten better at putting, but over the last week I've keyed in on something that's really working for me. As well as getting my setup better aligned and more comfortable, I've started "tracing" the ball's to the hole. For quite a while previously, I was trying to go...
  10. Dr.Deuss

Changing my grip, again!

I've been switching between interlocking, and overlapping grip for the last several years. Not every round or shot or anything, usually only after several months of using one. Sometimes I'll start to get pain in my right wrist, and switch from that. Now I finally have fitted irons with the...
  11. Dr.Deuss

Nike STR8-Fit Long-term thoughts. How do YOU STR8-Fit?

I've had my VR-Pro since mid-July, and today, I just might have figured out where I'm leaving the setting at. A little backstory: I purchased this driver off the rack, mostly out of immediate necessity, but I played a couple rounds with it before purchasing. My previous driver broke on the 9th...
  12. Dr.Deuss

Please welcome to the family...

Delivered this afternoon, my 7 beautiful babies named MP-69. It was a short, but tough wait, and I couldn't be more satisfied with how they turned out. I hit a few shots with some of them and am very impressed. First irons I've ever had fitted to me and of course now I feel like such an idiot...
  13. Dr.Deuss

Bunker Experiences

I feel I have a solid grasp on the art of bunker play, most especially when I play in quality bunkers. By quality I mean proper bunker sand, free of rocks, and properly maintained. But give me a poorly maintained bunker, and it's anyone's guess if the ball is getting out or not. By no means am I...
  14. Dr.Deuss

Sacramento golf on Friday?

I know there are a few of you out there in the Modesto and Stockton areas, but not sure how many in Sacramento. Anyone care to come out and play at Ancil Hoffman on Friday? Myself and probably uscgmk will be getting a round in.
  15. Dr.Deuss

Can't take the waiting!

As I'm sure some of you may already know, I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of my new MP-69's. Placed the order Friday morning before New Year's, and was told they put them together and shipped them that day. Now all I can think about is how excited I am to get them. It's a problem really. I'm...
  16. Dr.Deuss

Need new wedge shafts?

Just ordered my new set of irons with KBS Tour X shafts, and now I'm thinking I should step up my wedges to the KBS wedge, or HI-REV shaft in X-stiff. Right now I have the stock DG wedge shafts, but feel i need to match them with the 130g of my iron shafts. Any thoughts or advice?
  17. Dr.Deuss

Finally pulled the trigger! New Irons and Bag.

Today was the day. After spending all summer ruminating on new, fitted irons, today I left the golf course a much poorer man. I wanted to wait until the fall when all the new products would be announced. Mainly holding out to see the Titleist 712 MB's. Those are out now and are very nice looking...
  18. Dr.Deuss

FS: Callaway X-Forged 3-PW Project X, Callaway Diablo 3W, TaylorMade Rossa Fontana 7

Upgrade and closet cleaning time. First up: Callaway X-Forged 3-PW with Project X Flighted 6.0 steel shafts. Standard loft/length/lie. I purchased these NIB spring 2010. Well taken care of with normal bag chatter, and a few nicks and dings. New Decade MC with +3wraps. $300 shipped CONUS...
  19. Dr.Deuss

My Mizuno Shaft Optimizer Fitting experience

Today I got to spend a little time with the pro at my course with the Shaft Optimizer. He's also a Mizuno staffer, so it's nice to know he's well versed in the product. Anyway, I got to the course and only hit a few warmup shots and no stretching before we started, but my swing was still feeling...
  20. Dr.Deuss

Laziness after a great shot?

I like to relate this to Phil Mickelson disease. I was playing in a club tournament today at my home course, (cha-cha-cha if any of you are familiar) and playing very well. Bogey free two under coming to #8, which is an easier hole for me. Hit a terrible drive that ballooned a bit to the right...
Back