Search results for query: *

1. v.man

Happy Birthday J4U

Hope you're having a great day, Doug.
  2. v.man

v.man's "20 Minute Fitting"

This was an interesting experience for me, and I thought maybe it might be to some of y’all. I was in Atlanta last week for a Member/Guest tourney at my old club (this time as a guest) and decided to take advantage of the much better access to new equipment that places like the PGA Superstore...
  3. v.man

Freddie, your thoughts, please!

This is in answer to your question in the Regional Rivalry thread. "Ken, tell me about your misses". Freddie, my predominate miss with irons is a little left of target. There are two issues in my swing, and I've always struggled with them--1. Weight shift to the left side. I tend to hang...
  4. v.man

Are Putter Fittings Worthwhile?

My putting has been so awful lately that I'm meeting with a local club fitter to have my brand new putter "fitted" to me. It got me to wonder whether I'm doing the right thing, or just wasting money. I've had two putter fittings before which I'll share below. But, I'd love input from any of...
  5. v.man

Gotta love Callaway Preowned

I've bought several clubs from CPO over the last couple of years and they always amaze me. Prices are great, club condition is unsurpassed, and shipping is fast. I ordered this baby late Friday night. They shipped it out Monday and it was at my door this morning. As usual, the "Like New"...
  6. v.man

Happy Birthday J4U

[/URL][/IMG] Happy Birthday, Champ. Smile and wave, buddy. It's your day. Have a great one.
  7. v.man

Do you have a range routine?

I’ve read many articles by instructors encouraging players who want to improve their games to have a routine or plan for practicing, as opposed to just mindlessly banging balls down the range. I’d like to think that I do, especially when preparing for a tournament or “meaningful” rounds (like...
  8. v.man

How do you choose your Golf Ball?

What are the most important attributes TO YOU in picking a golf ball? - Performance - Innovation - Feel - Demand - Price - Durability - Other The first (4), I’ve included because those are the attributes Golf Digest publishes ratings for on all the equipment they rate annually in their "Hot...
  9. v.man

Happy Birthday, Trout Bum

[/URL][/IMG] Hope you're having a great day Marc, buddy. :birthday:
  10. v.man

Happy Birthday, O'Carroll

[/URL][/IMG] Have a great day, Pete, buddy. :birthday:
  11. v.man

Who will be the Next Callaway Golf Super Star?

I’ve been thinking about this for awhile, and thought it might make good conversation. After Phil Mickelson, who will be the next Callaway super star. By that I mean someone who will be an eventual PGA hall of famer. Callaway certainly has a great stable of players. Might it be Stenson, or...
  12. v.man

Happy Birthday, Spivey

[/URL][/IMG] Happy Birthday, Champ! Partners forever, buddy! :birthday:
  13. v.man

Attention mods! Please read

There is a little mix-up with an important active thread. I tried to point it out yesterday, but, no one saw the post. Please go to the link and read my post. If it is unclear, PM me and I'll explain. Thanks...
  14. v.man

PhillyV is one awesome THPER!

Big thanks goes out to PhillyV for yet another act of kindness to a fellow THPer. Awhile ago, I ranted one day that I had lost my prized THP Ball Marker/Divot Tool on the course. Phil responded that he had one he could send me. I offered to buy it, but of course he would have nothing of that...
  15. v.man

Pimp my Ride - Golf Cart Edition

I'm not sure how many of you out there own your own golf cart, but, I searched and could not find a thread on the subject with pics and the like. Coming up empty, I decided to start one with my own experience, and hope others might add to the thread if they have their own custom carts. After...
  16. v.man

What Constitutes Good Putting?

I've been pondering this for awhile, so thought I'd get some other opinions. I've always judged my own putting on average putts per round. I regularly keep that Stat along with a few others, like fws hit and GIR, like a lot of others do. If I'm averaging 30 or fewer putts per round, I feel...
  17. v.man

greggdrews is an awesome THPER

When I finally returned home from the Savannah Invitational after a slight detour to Atlanta for some medical treatments, this beauty was waiting for me. The back story goes to early in the year when Greg and I attended Bridgestone U. We both were quite impressed with the J815 in this...
  18. v.man

Bridgestone B-Fit Rocks

I posted this in another thread, but it occurred to me that unless you were specifically interested in Bridgestone's very cool Boom Club, you might never see it. Companies that go above and beyond for their customers deserve as much recognition as can be given because such service is not all...
  19. v.man

A Dilemma for Seniors

For some of us more experienced hackers, there comes a time when you have to decide whether to continue the fight, or face the reality that you just can’t get it out there like you used to. Is it time to move up to the Senior Tees? I liken it to when a touring pro reaches 50 and is faced with...
  20. v.man

"Golf is Struggling in America"

Someone forwarded me an article from the Business Insider (UK) with the above title. It's not the first article on the subject to be sure. But, it was an interesting read, so I though I'd share the link and some highlights. You can find it here...
Back