Search results for query: *

1. Nicklausfan

Odyssey...Odd Thought

Maybe it's from being road weary after driving 17 straight hours. Maybe it's the boredom of waiting for time to pass for me to pick up my wife from work. I was downstairs and walked to my putter bag. Believe me.. there isn't much there. But I got looking at my old stuff and I pull out my old...
  2. Nicklausfan

Courses I Played

The past week or so while on vacation in both the Plant City, FL area and Jekyll Island I played a few different courses. It was an eclectic bunch with all three being vastly different. Other than practice sessions at Terrace Hill I played the following. My broseph picked the course and it was...
  3. Nicklausfan

Little Cutie

So here I am in FLA. I decided to take a day off from doing anything golf related (there will be others) but our friend kicked my wife and I out of the house. We decided to go out for a nice walk and ended up at Hillsborough River State Park. So we're on the one trail and it really is nice a...
  4. Nicklausfan

My New Kikks

My newest pair of shoes from Kikkor came in. Pure - Black Eagle. Part of Kikkor Golf's 2012 line. Alex
  5. Nicklausfan

MA-nine Golf

Today I went to a local golf show here in the Niagara area. For a small show I had a great time and I really could've spent 5 hours there. I only had two hours to burn so I had to be fast. There was a new OEM present at the show. MA-nine Golf MA-nine Golf at present makes a line of irons and...
  6. Nicklausfan

Toronto Golf Show

For those that are in Ontario, Canada or WNY just a reminder that if interested the Toronto Star Golf and Travel Show is on next week. Michael Breed from "The Golf Fix" is going to be there and Lauren Thompson as well supposedly (if she is I'll gush and get all bashful if I get near her). Of...
  7. Nicklausfan

Central Florida Tourneys

I'm heading down with the family on March 8th to Florida for two weeks. On the way home overnight on Amelia Island and then 4 nights on Jekyll, Island. A couple tourneys that are in Central Florida while there take place at Ridgewood Lakes, Orange Tree and Huntington Hills. Decent tracks...
  8. Nicklausfan

Super Stroke Fatso

I tried to search this topic in the archives but never found anything. So I thought that I would start a new thread. This is the time of year that I want to sort out my equipment. Whether this means getting new stuff with not being totally happy about stuff or tweaking what I'm already happy...
  9. Nicklausfan

Callaway Fitted Caps

For those interested.... I was in GG yesterday and had a quick gander at the hat rack. For those who prefer a fitted hat (not flex fit) or for those who have watermelons for heads (like me) Callaway Golf has flat bill/fitted caps. I only saw black. They go for $25. Alex
  10. Nicklausfan

Video Journal - Confessional

As some of my fellow THPèers know I am a now second year golf professional playing on Mini-Tours with bigger plans later this season. I've decided to take my game south to get ready for the upcoming season. I'm using this as a chance to move my process further along and to see how my new sticks...
  11. Nicklausfan

Amelia Island

Hey Gang: In March I'm heading back down to FLA with my wife and son. The second part of our trip will be spent on Jekyll Island. In between, we are staying a day and a half on Amelia. Does anyone have any experience regarding the courses there? Thanks. Alex
  12. Nicklausfan

Kikkor Signs LPGA Rising Star

I never saw this anywhere but it was announced that Kikkor signed LPGA rising star Ryann O'Toole. Alex
  13. Nicklausfan

Fairway Woods - 2012

Okay. So here we are at the beginning of the year both calendar wise and golf product cycle wise. We are starting to see all kinds of advertising on TGC with different companies boasting different claims. You have guys just busting out shots with the TaylorMade RBZ fairways and then you have...
  14. Nicklausfan

My Quag Swag

I've started to develop a real fondness for Quagmire apparel. This just arrived for me. Alex
  15. Nicklausfan

Pressing Issue

Hey Gang: So I managed to get out and play today. I never thought that I or any of my golfing brethren from the northern climates would have a chance to play golf on January 6th. In exactly one month I'll be jumping on a Southwest flight departing Buffalo, NY bound for West Palm Beach at 6:05...
  16. Nicklausfan

Winter Vacation

Hey Gang: Well my wife and I have just firmed up plans for winter vacation. It will consist of a two centre vacation. The first segment will be in Florida where we'll be staying with extended family in the Seffner area. While in Florida I will be playing in one Mini-Tour event on the...
  17. Nicklausfan

Future THP'er

My son Alex was diagnosed with an Autism Spectrum Disorder about two years ago. He has Asperger's and ADHD. He enjoys certain things like video games and military (history). Recently, he started to develop a real interest in the game that we all enjoy out here...golf. It all really started on...
  18. Nicklausfan

2012...Bring it On!

Well after considerable thought and deliberation I declare myself set for the 2012 season. My swing changes are complete and I went back and forth on equipment. I first thought about going to TaylorMade with my success of the Burner 2.0 wood line. I really considered playing R11 irons and XFT...
  19. Nicklausfan

Callaway Iron Choice

As I stand here in Golf Town I find myself pondering. I am switching to Callaway and the irons that are "recommended" are the Razr X Tour. Which I enjoy hitting. The other iron recommended for me was the Diablo Forged. I'm staring at a price tag for a brand new set of Diablo Forged $475. I have...
  20. Nicklausfan

Rangefinder Issue

I was wondering if anyone might have suffered from the same issue. I have a Bushnell V2 (non-slope) and I hae noticed a couple of things. Lens looks foggy (I cleaned it) and more importantly it doesn't power off. I am sending it in to Bushnell on Tuesday but has anyone seen this? Alex
Back