Search results for query: *

1. skigolfmike

Flagstick In or Out

Flagstick in or out the stats say out. I believe it. I’ve had too many putts bounce off the flagstick and stay out that would have dropped if it was out. I say pull the stick out!
  2. skigolfmike

The Homestead and Greenbrier

I got this wild idea of a vacation with my wife going to The Homestead for 3 days and then jumping over to The Greenbrier for another 3 days. I’d play golf while my wife would take in the spa and activities. I understand The Homestead has a Michelin 3 star restaurant. At the Greenbrier...
  3. skigolfmike

Irony

I was poking around the Titlest TPI website and found this: Anyone see the irony in this pic?
  4. skigolfmike

Golf Sunglasses, Like the Pros are Wearing

A lot of pros are now wearing sunglasses to help hem see slopes and contours better. What brands are they wearing? What lenses? Do then have multiple pairs for different conditions? (Kind of imagine they do.) Looking to maybe try a pair, do not want to spend an arm and a leg.
  5. skigolfmike

If You Won the Lottery

I won the lottery (I’d have to play first, LOL) I would be tempted to restore this course as I sure miss playing thee. Here’s how it looks today 10 years after closing. It’s a damn shame when a good course ends up like this.
  6. skigolfmike

Club Restoration

I have a set of late 50s McGregor Black face Tourneys I would like to get restored. Are there any recommended places in SW Ohio that could make these babies look like new?
  7. skigolfmike

Yardages

I saw an article on how long of a course a golfer should play based on how far they hit their5 iron. Well, here are Hogan’s yardages from 1945. Since the formula is 5 iron distance * 36, that would mean Hogan should have only played 5500 yard courses. Well, sort of. Considering that a 3 iron...
  8. skigolfmike

To Reshaft or not to Reshaft ...

I have a Tour Exotics 4 wood (16.5*) that I still hit pretty well even after 12 years of rarely playing golf. I was looking it over the other day and realized it had a stiff shaft. Honestly, I thought it had a regular, oh well. I'm wondering if it's worth it to reshaft or if it's just time to...
  9. skigolfmike

Any pilots out there?

I am a Commercial, Instrument, CFI-I. Any other pilots out there? What do you fly?
  10. skigolfmike

Hello from Ohio

I am nearly a life long golfer with a few gaps here and there along the way. I started when I was 10, but started playing regularly as a high school freshman. I’ve been a single digit handicap most of my life with a short stretch at scratch 15 years ago. I just retired this year and started...
  11. skigolfmike

Bending a Cleveland 56* wedge to 54*

I currently have Cleveland CG15 60* and 56* wedges. These were fine with my Taylormade LT irons as I had a 51* gap wedge. My new irons, Maltbe TS1s, have a gap wedge at 49.5*, so the 51* wedge is kind of redundant. However, that leaves a gap to the 56* wedge. A 54* wedge would be perfect, so...
  12. skigolfmike

Bending a Cleveland 56* wedge to 54*

I have Cleveland CG1
Back