Search results for query: *

1. D

Relocating to the USA - CA v NJ?

My wife and I have talked about relocating to the USA for a while now, we always enjoy visiting on vacation - particularly California and some of the Southern States on the East Coast. It seems now there might be a possibility of it happening with possible opportunities in CA and NJ. CA has...
  2. D

New Iron purchase - what factors to consider?

After being a very occassional golfer for many years, I started playing golf somewhat regularly 2 years ago and I'm about to purchase my 3rd set of new irons in that time period. I got a basic general fitting done for the first set, I deviated slightly from the fitter's recommendation and got...
  3. D

PXi 6.0 for a low 80s swing speed?

Last time I got fitted, my 6 iron averaged 83mph, although the range was something like 79-89. I got fitted for Nippon 990 shafts, I'm generally happy with my irons but have a tendency to hook them on occassion. Today I happened to try out the Callaway X Hot pros with a PXi 6.0, leaked one or...
  4. D

Twitchy left foot

Having a few troubles lately and knew part of the problem was keeping my lower body quiet ... so took a video and was surprised to see how bad I was, left foot twitching and dancing all over the place ... surprised I can hit the ball at all! Anyone else suffer from this?
  5. D

4 wood replacement - something more forgiving than a Mizzy MP?

After huge success with the MP630 fast track driver, I picked up a MP630 4 wood at bargain basement prices last year. Whilst I can get into a rhythm with this club and hit it well down the range, on the course it is a little too much club for me. It really is designed for someone that wants to...
  6. D

Golf shoes for an overpronator?

Any recommendations? In running there are shoes like Asics Kayano that provide extra support - anything similar in golf shoes? Orthotics don't really work well in golf shoes. The shoes from Asics, Ecco Biom an possibly the FJ XPS look like they might fit the bill - anyone have experience of these?
  7. D

Miracle Shafts 25+ yards extra carry for me ... !!!

... and they have uniflex in the name! As a follow up to a Callaway fitting day, I wanted to try out the recommended shaft/head at a familiar range. At this range I've hit a bunch of heads/shafts: TM R11s with KBS 90 R/S & Tour R/S Mizuno MX 200/300s with DG XPs Cobra S2/S3s Cleveland CG16 Razr...
  8. D

Callaway fitting experience #2!!

Had a fitting for Callaway Irons after having had a successful on-course demo of Razr X Tours with PX 5.5 flighted. On the course I definitely felt the PX 5.5s had me swinging harder than usual, but the results were good and I really enjoyed the feel. At the fitting the fitter notice my SS was...
  9. D

GI Irons with minimal offset, but good for diggers & off center hits

Have a buddy who has no problem getting the ball in the air or getting the club face closed, his bad shot tends to be thick or a little off center. Is there a GI iron out there designed like this .. sole that doesn't dig & forgiving across the face or is offset always part of the design? TM R11...
  10. D

Dynalite XP v KBS Tour 90

Anyone know if the KBS Tour 90 is lower launching/spinning than the Dynalite XP? Thinking of changing from Dynalite XP R300 to KBS Tour 90 stiff to take my trajectory down a little bit.
  11. D

Faster tempo - more flex?

I always thought that the quicker your tempo, the stiffer shaft you would need? Playing around on the shaftfit.com website they seem suggest the opposite - am I missing something or is this a mistake on their site? For example, 7 Iron of 150 yards, High Trajectory, Light, Fast Tempo gives a...
  12. D

Shoulder turn v hip turn

I've a habit of turning my hips on my backswing, I've been advised to try to minimise this and indeed I notice most touring pros don't rotate their hips too much. However, found this pro actively promoting a hip turn, what are the disadvantages of this approach?
  13. D

Callaway HX Tour v Diablo HX Tour - much difference off the putter?

Does anyone know if the Diablo HX Tour has the same sound off the putter as the old HX Tour (which I would describe as a high pitched click!)?
  14. D

New Irons - what else should I be considering?

New to this site, so first of all hello! Pondering a new set of Irons as my old Pings (which I do like) are now too upright for my new swing. I don't want anything bigger or much heavier than my Pings and I'm looking for something that I can grow into (I'm planning to play alot more golf over...
Back