Search results for query: *

1. Wklink

Good Good Desert Open 2024

Most of them had their own crews out there filming them. Peter Finch came all the way from the UK and barely had any screen time. The few times I saw him he seemed to have his crew with him. He pretty much represented the 'old guard' of Youtube golf content creators. I was saddened that Rick...
  2. Wklink

Putter preference…?

My personal opinion is that often what looks good to your eye is what works well for you. Probably 50% of putting is confidence to be honest. If you feel comfortable with a putter you will be much more confident in making a stroke. At the same time it can look good and still be completely...
  3. Wklink

Moana 2

That's cool. My wife bought me a litte tamatoa that I put on the dash of my 1962 Thunderbird for car shows. You know, to make it all shiny.
  4. Wklink

Guns and Golf

There is no such thing as a big enough safe. Eventually you will end up playing gun tetris trying to get all the rifles to fit.
  5. Wklink

Music on the course

As a general rule I don't have a problem with music as long as the person playing it is respectful. I can only think of a couple of times where the music was turned up to a high level and it didn't stay that loud for very long before someone from the course came out to tell the person to knock...
  6. Wklink

Do you bring your stuff to top golf?

Depends. How bad do you want to embarrass your boss? In all honesty, if it was a company outing I probably wouldn't. I did take my clubs once to a TopGolf with my son. I was told not to hit my driver since the net only went out 300 yards. I gave them that 'really?' look since I have that...
  7. Wklink

Hawthorn Ridge Golf Club Review - Aledo IL

Gibson Woods. Yeah that was a real nutdriver for me growing up. I played it a couple of years ago. Not long but blasted out of the forest. Get into those trees and you are hosed for sure. It isn't a long course but if you were a natural drawer of the ball, like I am, it was not ideal for...
  8. Wklink

Hawthorn Ridge Golf Club Review - Aledo IL

I haven't thought about that course in decades. I remember playing it in high school decades ago. I went to Monmouth HS in the glory years when we won multiple state titles in golf (I was a very minor contributor) but I do remember going up there four tournaments. I'm sad to see it close...
  9. Wklink

GolfFOREVER

I would like to but having the time is difficult. I work 12 hour shifts so doing a workout on the days I work is somewhat difficult at times. It does seem to help though with my limited amount of time that I put into it.
  10. Wklink

Another newbie

Several over the decades. I started in 1985 out a 52D Power generation equipment repair/electrician but reclassed after a couple of years into the 91 series (91A, 91B) as a Combat Medic. I got out in 1992 and went to college and got my Bachelor's in Nursing so I commissioned in as a 66H, later...
  11. Wklink

Pre round check in- what's too early?

Depends on the course and the layout. Most local public courses I arrive 45 minutes to an hour early so I can warm up, putt around, maybe get a cup of coffee or a beer if it is in the afternoon and just get loose without feeling like rushing. There are a few that take longer. Chambers Bay...
  12. Wklink

Another newbie

Stumbled across this board accidentally. In all honesty I'm surprised I hadn't found it before. Background on me: 56 years old, played a lot of golf as a kid all the way through High School but joined the Army at 18 and over time the game slipped away from me. I'd play, occasionally, but...
  13. Wklink

GolfFOREVER

I've been doing it for about a month, not super seriously but two to three times a week. I had a serious dropoff in ball speed and club speed over the last five years (turned 50 and down it went) so I'm seeing if it will help some. The back injuries haven't helped much either. So I tried this...
Back