Search results for query: *

1. Sean

The 60 and over Thread

Absolutely. A young friend of mine picked up the game at the age of 22, by the time he was 25 he was a 2 HI and a legit 300 yards off the tee. Never had a lesson either. But those people are few and far between. At the same time, he started with a set of GI irons, and after two years switched to...
  2. Sean

The 60 and over Thread

This game can really test us mentally. There is no other activity I can think of where if you put in the work, you might not see the results commensurate with that work. If you take up an instrument, learn a language, etc., you will get better. Not so much with golf. Sure, you're better than...
  3. Sean

The 60 and over Thread

Exactly! I lost six, found 12, so I was -6 for the round, lol.
  4. Sean

College Golf conference Tournaments

I watch whenever there is college golf on TV, which isn't very often. Too bad, as it makes for some compelling golf.
  5. Sean

Tour Event 2024 Zurich Classic of New Orleans

Hadley and Sigg are -6 through 11 holes in alternate shot. That's crazy good. We'll see if they can keep it going.
  6. Sean

Golf shorts: How short is too short?

I like a 10-inch inseam.
  7. Sean

The 60 and over Thread

Played 18 today…took a cart. It took our group 1:25 to play the front, 2:35 to play the back. Shot an 82 with six lost golf balls. Pretty much any other course it would have been zero lost golf balls. Fortunately I found more than I lost…so there is that.
  8. Sean

Korn Ferry Tour 58

My home course has a 9 hole short course with yardages ranging from 48 to 100 yards, the average being about 75 yards. The best I've played 18 holes is -5. This guy shoots a 58 from 7000+ in a tournament. These guys aren't good, they're great.
  9. Sean

The Club You Were REALLY Wrong About...

A number of years ago I purchased a set of ultra game improvement irons, in my naiveté thinking they would be very forgiving. Not. I hit a lot of hooks with them and hit my friend's TW Nike irons better.
  10. Sean

Korn Ferry Tour 58

Frankie Capan shot an opening round 58 yesterday at the Veritex Bank Championship. In one eight-hole stretch he shot -9 at the Texas Rangers Golf Club. Apparently Scheffler shot a 59 there during a casual round a few years ago. That's crazy stuff. If you look at the Zurich the lowest score...
  11. Sean

What’s The Worst Weather You Have Played In?

Two extremes: the first was playing in snow along with high winds (didn't start until the back nine), the second was playing when the heat index hit 124º.
  12. Sean

What is the fastest 18 hole round you have played?

1:33. Took a cart and the course was wide open...I wasn't rushing either.
  13. Sean

Tiger not exempt for upcoming US Open

The US Open will garner a lot more interest if TW is playing in it.
  14. Sean

ANNOUNCEMENT Looking For Testers – Massive Bridgestone Testing

I like the idea of so many testers as Bridgestone will get information on cross section of golfers, from low to high HI's, from younger golfers to seniors. 1. Which golf balls do you currently play? ProV1x 2. What do you think about Mindset? I like it. I already use the alignment aid when...
  15. Sean

Packing For a Month Long Golf Excursion

No, I wouldn't recommend it while driving, lol. And I see that you will be doing a lot of driving. The KFT plays one of their year end tournaments at Victoria National. It looks like a great golf course. On a side note, you could do a Jack Reacher and just bring a toothbrush...
  16. Sean

Packing For a Month Long Golf Excursion

I don't know if you have a Kindle, if so, download enough reading material for your trip.
  17. Sean

"Would you like to use the scorecard feature?"

I can count on two fingers the number of times I've seen GPS in a cart. But, if I had access to such a cart, I would keep my own score on a scorecard.
  18. Sean

PGA Tour Payouts For Those Who Stayed

When I saw the report on Golf Channel I was under the impression it was going to be based on results, but wasn't sure. What do you think it will be based on? I also wonder who will be making the decision of who gets what.
  19. Sean

The 60 and over Thread

I haven't seen that video, but I've been experimenting with this for a while. It does give you more rotation, but it has a tendency to promote a hook...for me anyway.
  20. Sean

The 60 and over Thread

Played my first round since November 10th of last year. Weather was cold and raw. Shot a 48 on the front and a 36 on the back (par 70).
Back