Search results for query: *

1. Drogster

Srixon UltiSoft Golf Ball

Just saw these ball for sale in a local store for €25/doz. Ball Description; "Super low compression, ultimate feel. The UltiSoft is designed specifically for golfers with low to mid swing speeds who are looking for the ultimate in feel without sacrificing distance. The super-low compression of...
  2. Drogster

Apex V XR irons

Posting this up to see what the general consensus is. I bought a 2nd hand set of Apex irons. They are in decent condition and got them at a good price, so I couldn't pass them by. I am playing a standard set of XR irons. My question is which would be the better set of irons. Just started...
  3. Drogster

2014 Big Bertha v XR Driver

As anyone compared the two drivers? I was browsing a local marketplace website and saw two Big Bertha drivers for a good price. One is not even out of its plastic and the other which is slightly cheaper looks like it was hardly used, so I was thinking of buying one. I was wondering how they...
  4. Drogster

Drogster Jnr II

I am delighted to announce that the THP Community will have a new member. Drogster Junior II, Odhrán Patrick Tracey, weighing 8lb 10oz (3.91kg), entered the world on Thursday evening (15/10/15...cool date) at 20:57hrs. Mum and baby doing well. His big brother Cillian is absolutely buzzin'.
  5. Drogster

Old Faithful - Club(s)

With a number of pros winning on tour of late with older clubs in their bags, is there an old favourite club(s) you would like to put back in to give it a whirl again? What club, why and why did you replace it?
  6. Drogster

Online Golf Lessons

Do you ever refer to online golf lessons for tips etc, e.g. youtube, if so why, have you seen any improvement in your game since watching them and is there a preferred channel/pro you would watch?
  7. Drogster

THP Cap

I was at the Irish Open at the Royal County Down Links G.C. last week and I wore my THP Cap. I was amazed at the number of people who asked me what The Hackers Paradise was, as I guess it stood out from all the branded caps. I gave them a rough idea, that it was Community of golfers, with...
  8. Drogster

Shafts for new Irons (Z 545)

I was in a local store trying out the new Srixon Z 545 irons and the store manager/fitter recommended a Harrison rifle shaft for the clubs. Excuse my ignorance, but I never heard of these iron shafts until then. Has anyone have any experience with these shafts? He didn’t specify an...
  9. Drogster

Trackman v Lessons

I have decided to take a few lessons from a local pro. I also recently brought a half price voucher for a local driving range, which has a trackman system installed. My question is, do I go for the lessons and then go for a Trackman session and see what numbers are throw out? OR Do I...
  10. Drogster

Driver Shafts

When I bought a Callaway 10.5° XHot driver, I got fitted for Grafalloy Prolaunch Speedcoat Red 60 Stiff Shaft, in a small local store. Since then I updated to the Callaway 10.5° X2 Hot driver and got the same shaft fitted. While browsing ebay a while back I won a Mitsubishi Diamana D+ 72...
  11. Drogster

Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving folks. I hope that you are getting ready to bag a load of golfing bargains. Enjoy The Shopping!
  12. Drogster

Golf Theme Suggestions - Please

Right. Here’s my situation. I am getting married the end of September this year, the weekend of the Ryder Cup (Well done me….great planning there….D’oh). So we have decided to go with a Golf theme for the reception after the ceremony. So far, as part of the table plan, we are naming the tables...
  13. Drogster

Is Adjustability in New Clubs Cheating????

I met an old golfing buddy of my father and I at the range this evening and he was inspecting my X2Hot driver, and focused on the adjustment cogs. I gave him the opportunity hit a few shots and afterwards we discussed how the technology in the design of clubs and shafts. In conclusion he was...
  14. Drogster

Filming Your Golf Swing

I was out on the range on Sunday evening (after the British Open), with my better half and son. I got my son to video me, using my smart phone, hitting about 10 shots with my driver, as I was having issues with it over the last 3 weeks, but has much improved lately. When I got home and was...
  15. Drogster

Shaft Upgrade

As I posted earlier, I finally pulled the trigger on a new Callaway 10.5° X2 Hot driver and swapped over my existing Grafalloy Prolaunch Speedcoat Red 60 Regular Shaft (Butt & Tip Stiffened). I asked the fitter, if I was to upgrade the shaft, what would be the next step up. He listed off...
  16. Drogster

Mack Daddy or Bridgestone J40 Wedges

I recently brought a new set of irons, which has a PW with a 44° loft. I also bought a new Mack Daddy 2 58° (14 bounce, C Grind) wedge, which I plan to use as by Sand/Lob. Therefore, I now have a bit of a gap to fill. I’m thinking that the prefect set up would be a 50, 54 & and the new 58°...
  17. Drogster

Practice Club?

What club do you use while working on your swing, in general, at the range? I was working/checking a few things at the range last night and I seem to pick out the 7 Iron, which would probably my comfort club, good distance and loft, just to build up confidence. It’s all about confidence...
  18. Drogster

Bending Wedge Lofts

I recently brought a new set of XHot irons, which have a stronger loft setting through the set. As a result I now have to rejig the wedges in my bag. I also bought a new Mack Daddy 2 58° (14 bounce, C Grind - On sale with 30% off) wedge, which I plan to use as by Sand/Lob and with the XHot PW...
  19. Drogster

Callaway's King of Distance 2014

Okay Folks, have your say...Who's going to be the Callaway's King of Distance 2014 Gary Woodland has to be, he's on the side of the THP Tour Van
  20. Drogster

Callaway's King of Distance 2014

Okay folks have your say.... Who will be the King of Distance 2014?
Back